Thread: Dwayne Bowe and Franchise Tender

Default Dwayne Bowe and Franchise Tender

Does anyone know if D.Bowe has signed his franchise tender? OTAs start on Monday, and I believe he cannot participate until he signs. I would be really annoyed if he was trying to hold out.

I don't believe he is intentionally holding out. He did an interview not long ago where he stated his agent was continuing to work on a deal.

With all the cap space we have we need to lock him up to a long term deal. Why isn't this done yet?? He's a great receiver!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Megatrons contract complicated the process. The ceiling is set so high now that they have to agree where Bowe fits on that scale.

I wouldn't worry, yet. With the NFLPA not approving the new CBA until July 26 of last year, Tamba Hali still hadn't signed his tender at that point. And by August 4 a new long term deal was in place.

This may be a negotiating ploy by Bowe's agent, or maybe Bowe just doesn't want to participate in OTA's. They are optional anyway and not nearly as important for veterans as they are for rookies and new signees. He suffered a pretty good neck injury against the Broncos on New Years day and might just want to rest up a little more. I'm sure he will sign before training camp starts, or very shortly after, and we will get a deal done eventually.

He wants to stay in KC and the Chiefs want to keep him here. Both sides are highly motivated to reach an agreement.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I'm not worried about Bowe at all. Pioli has done a good job signing the top guys to Hali Charles both. Yes Carr got away but he wasn't the top guy. Flowers is. And I think that his agent was in works with Dallas and knew that Dallas would overspend for him. What is what they did IMO. I think Bowe gets locked up before the season starts.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I wouldn't worry, yet. With the NFLPA not approving the new CBA until July 26 of last year, Tamba Hali still hadn't signed his tender at that point. And by August 4 a new long term deal was in place.

This may be a negotiating ploy by Bowe's agent, or maybe Bowe just doesn't want to participate in OTA's. They are optional anyway and not nearly as important for veterans as they are for rookies and new signees. He suffered a pretty good neck injury against the Broncos on New Years day and might just want to rest up a little more. I'm sure he will sign before training camp starts, or very shortly after, and we will get a deal done eventually.

He wants to stay in KC and the Chiefs want to keep him here. Both sides are highly motivated to reach an agreement.
    I agree that him not going to OTAs isnt nearly as important as someone like Baldwin, but we have a new OC, which means (im assuming) a new playbook. I just hope there isnt a learning curve for him once he gets signed and starts practicing.

I also hope the injury isnt still a problem.