Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: michael brockers

Hybrid View

Default michael brockers

i would take him over poe anyday

I am personally biased against lsu dts since they have not panned out for us so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am personally biased against lsu dts since they have not panned out for us so far.
    Because if you take a good look at the stats Dorsey and Jackson are one of the best 1-2 punch as 3-4 DEs? Like most people who don't really seem to understand the role of DEs in this particular defense, you really should take a look at Pro Football Focus.

Not opposed to the idea, and certainly not a fan of Poe's... any word on how he would transition to a 3-4 NT?? dude is a 4-3 DT right now and looks like he is built solid like he would be a DE in a 3-4..not overly big like a 3-4 NT

Just wondering what the reviews are about that. if anyone has any

Quote Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
    Because if you take a good look at the stats Dorsey and Jackson are one of the best 1-2 punch as 3-4 DEs? Like most people who don't really seem to understand the role of DEs in this particular defense, you really should take a look at Pro Football Focus.
    If you look at the obvious weakness of our Team losing to teams like Denver it was becuase the our Defensive line was getting pushed back 5 yards allowing everyone run on us.

We were the 26th ranked defense against the run, giving up an average of 4.2 yards a carrier. If my math is correct. That is a first down every 3 plays.

So are you telling me that this is a result of of our two Pro-bowl Line backers not doing their job, cause I would beg to differ.

Also based on the clip provided, He is only making plays by using his motor and shedding his block after the rest of the defense broke down the pocket. A lot of his plays he is being blocked back by one player and not a double team.
    Last edited by Seek; 03-30-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Additional opinion.

If you look at the obvious weakness of our Team losing to teams like Denver it was becuase the our Defensive line was getting pushed back 5 yards allowing everyone run on us.

We were the 26th ranked defense against the run, giving up an average of 4.2 yards a carrier. If my math is correct. That is a first down every 3 plays.

So are you telling me that this is a result of of our two Pro-bowl Line backers not doing their job, cause I would beg to differ.

Also based on the clip provided, He is only making plays by using his motor and shedding his block after the rest of the defense broke down the pocket. A lot of his plays he is being blocked back by one player and not a double team.
    Plus 1 on that!!!!

Not this $#% again... check NFL DL tackles:

1 Jason Pierre-Paul 86
    2 Ahtyba Rubin 83
    3 Calais Campbell 72
    4 Jared Allen 66
    4 Domata Peko 66
    6 Haloti Ngata 64
    7 Glenn Dorsey 62
    8 Phillip Taylor 59
    9 Sione Pouha 58
    9 Justin Smith 58
    11 Antonio Garay 57
    11 Jeremy Mincey 57
    13 Brandon Mebane 56
    13 J.J. Watt 56
    15 Tyson Jackson 55

That's the rankings in the entire NFL and the Chiefs have #7 and #15 thanks to their "LSU DLs". Best yet, Dorsey is really a 4-3 DT who's had to be retrained & restrained to be a 3-4 DE... and you think he hasn't panned out?! They make up the best base 3-4 DE combo in the entire league. They account for 6.25% and 5.98% of the team's tackles, respectively - all while eating up blockers to free linebackers ( just count how many times Dorsey is doubled a game... ). Add to the fact that they don't make tackles down the field in coverage like linebackers do - their tackles all come near the line of scrimmage, and what more impact do you want? Its a base 3-4 - not a 4-3, not a hybrid like Wade Phillips runs; these guys have run responsibility each play, every play.

I'm by no means vouching for Brockers - I think he needed more time in the college - but to be disappointed in GD & TJ is flat out ridiculous.

You didn't watched that game. Denver was running off tackle most of the time. Most of those were draw plays, leaving all exterior open.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    You didn't watched that game. Denver was running off tackle most of the time. Most of those were draw plays, leaving all exterior open.
    I did watch the game. I was there as a season ticket holder watching our team getting destroyed at the line of scrimmage and No they were not draw plays. I did see Denver holding Dorsey and Jackson an aweful lot, but they were still getting pushed back. Every run, was a three yard gain before any contact was made and every run we had was at the line of scrimmage.

Tebow threw the ball like 8 freaking times and that was only when we had actually stopped them for a 3rd and long. They successfully ran for 4 to 5 yards every dang play and what I thought was good defense was still giving up 4 yards because they were getting pushed back.

bleacher report top DE's which Dorsey and Jackson are not DT's
    1 Peppers
    2 Freeney
    3 Allen
    4 Umenyora
    5 Tuck
    6 Abraham
    7 seymore
    8 Cole
    9 Mathis
    10 Smith, Justin
    11 Dumervil