Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reports say Chiefs are looking to draft a QB.

Default Reports say Chiefs are looking to draft a QB.

With Cassel, Quinn, and Stanzi. What does this mean. Is Stanzi really that bad? We just picked up Quinn and we couldn't possibly have 4 QB's on our roster.
    Any thoughts?

The Chiefs have a tough decision to make with the first round pick. Look for them to go with a linebacker first, but which one?

Chiefs First Round Pick: If They Choose a Linebacker | The Eggersonian

arizona state"s qb apperantly had an awesome pro day. so much so they invited him to new york to sit with the other players

yeah but they also invited Herlich last year and he went undrafted

Quote Originally Posted by bigwigbob View Post
    yeah but they also invited Herlich last year and he went undrafted

Here's what we know about Brock Osweiler: He's tall (6-foot-7). He's green (15 career starts at Arizona State). And nobody can come close to a collective agreement where he'll be drafted this month.

A standout pro day Friday only added to Osweiler's intrigue. NFL.com's Gil Brandt sees a future starter whose workout moved him into first-round consideration. Others, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi and Charley Casserly among them, consider Osweiler a mid- to late-round talent.

NFL.com's Gil Brandt says Brock Osweiler has "rare ability" that can make him a steal on draft day.

The league office seems to believe Osweiler could go early in the draft, inviting him to sit in the hallowed green room at Radio City Music Hall. Osweiler tweeted Friday that attending the draft was a childhood dream, but in an exclusive conversation with Around The League, he said he's unsure he'll make the trip.

"Honestly, New York would be a lot of fun, and there's some great things that would take place, and like I said, it has been a dream of mine," Osweiler said by phone Sunday. "But it's just the person I am and how I was raised that I want to be around the people that have supported me throughout this process."

It's unlikely Osweiler would even have a decision to wrestle with if not for his pro day. Representatives from 23 teams were on hand to watch Osweiler work out, including many of the same scouts and coaches who observed Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill's session the previous day. Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, Cleveland Browns quarterbacks coach Mark Whipple and representatives from the Miami Dolphins were among those in attendance.

Asked why he believed the pro day created so much buzz, Osweiler said it went back to the game plan he drew up with Noel Mazzone, Arizona State's former offensive coordinator and a close confidant of the QB. Osweiler called his pro day "risky," a program consisting of more difficult throws than typical. He acknowledged the feeling he needed to do something extra to turn skeptics into believers.

"We kind of looked at it as a poker thing," he said. "We're going all in on this. We're going to strike big, or something else is going to happen. That's just who I am. A lot of people don't know much about me with only 15 career starts, so I wanted to go out there and show everybody what I can do, that I'm not going to play it safe."

Does Osweiler have a suit picked out if he does decide to fly east later this month?

"You know, élevée, (a Los Angeles-based custom clothing company) made a few suits for me throughout the process," he said. "So if we end up in New York, I'll have something nice to wear."

All dressed up with no idea where he'll go.

Weeden is the only quarterback I want in this draft. He seems less like a project and more like a guy that could step in and play right away. He's the same age as Cassell, yet he has so much more potential. He can make every throw, has maturity and is a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    Weeden is the only quarterback I want in this draft. He seems less like a project and more like a guy that could step in and play right away. He's the same age as Cassell, yet he has so much more potential. He can make every throw, has maturity and is a leader.
    Hmm, I'm not sure we've watched the same Weeden games. I watched several OSU games and Weeden is decent but to say he's not a project isn't right. He's just as much of a project as Cousins is. Weeden threw the ball up half the time to his receivers because they're so much bigger and stronger than the DB's. Blackmon went up and grabbed most of his throws. When you needed laser like accuracy Weeden was decent.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him, I'm just saying I see another Cassel experiment if we do. After all, 28 yrs old, never played a snap in the NFL. Cassel at least had 3 years of being a backup which to me equates out to Weeden playing at OSU.

I recently watched some film from Cousins and Weeden.

Weeden is better, but has some development to do, specially take snaps under center, but is truly accurate and takes all the hits that are needed.

Cousins is very similar to Cassel, so I don't think that should be the way to improve. Happy feet under pressure, not much accuracy in longer passes, don't read very well second and third options.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

This means nothing!!!! Every year the Chiefs look at guys that they pass on. They are just doing their due diligence for possible situations so that they can create their draft board with what if situations.

IE what if they get an offer to trade back three spots, What if their top three guys go ealier than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    This means nothing!!!! Every year the Chiefs look at guys that they pass on. They are just doing their due diligence for possible situations so that they can create their draft board with what if situations.

IE what if they get an offer to trade back three spots, What if their top three guys go ealier than expected.
    Actually I think this does mean something. To me this says hey everyone, if Tannehill is still available to us at 11 we might just draft him so if you want him you better trade us spots. I doubt we'd actually draft him so I'm thinking this is some fantastic smoke screen work on Pioli's part.

don't get excited, this is just draft fodder. teams always bring in players they have no interest in just to make another team worry that we may draft him. that may open draft day trade negotiations. i don't see us taking a QB early, maybe after round 3 if a steal presents itself.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast