Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reports say Chiefs are looking to draft a QB.

Default Reports say Chiefs are looking to draft a QB.

With Cassel, Quinn, and Stanzi. What does this mean. Is Stanzi really that bad? We just picked up Quinn and we couldn't possibly have 4 QB's on our roster.
    Any thoughts?

"reports" ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    With Cassel, Quinn, and Stanzi. What does this mean. Is Stanzi really that bad? We just picked up Quinn and we couldn't possibly have 4 QB's on our roster.
    Any thoughts?
    What reports? I wanna read what you read.

I like the idea. Pioli promised competition at the QB position, and while Quinn definitely has potential, I think most of us were looking for something more.

We obviously can't keep 4 QBs. Bring in another one and you will see competition for those 3 roster spots like you wouldn't believe. It would elevate everyone's play.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quinn only came on a one year contract IIRC. He knows Dabolls offense and could start a game if/when Cassel misses some time. Stanzi is fine, its only his second year. His first full offseason and his second offensive coordinator, once he is given some playing time could end up being Matt's replacement. Pioli isn't selling the farm to get RGIII, just a later round pick that will end up on the practice squad.

HERE IT IS!!!!!

By Bill Williamson
    A lot of Chiefs’ fans are all riled up by the news that the Kansas City Chiefs are considering at least two of the top quarterbacks available in the draft.
    Reaction? Predictable.

The Chiefs looked into some of the quarterbacks in last year’ draft pool, and I expect them to look at several this year. So, it’s no shock the team is taking closer looks at Texas A&M’s Ryan Tannehill and Michigan State’s Kirk Cousins.

Kansas City starter Matt Cassel turns 30 in May. It would behoove the Chiefs to look for a young prospect to develop. The Chiefs probably have a better chance to draft Cousins rather than Tannehill. Kansas City has the No. 11 pick in the draft, and Tannehill is expected to taken before then.

Cousins is expected to be a second-round pick. The Chiefs have the No. 44 pick in the second round and could have a real shot at Cousins

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the Chiefs show interest in other quarterbacks in the coming weeks, such as Oklahoma State’s Brandon Weeden, Arizona’s Nick Foles, and Arizona State’s Brock Osweiler.

The Chiefs don’t have a ton of pressing needs, so this might be the time to try to snag the quarterback of the future, and I’m sure that is why the Chiefs are taking pre-draft looks at players at the position.

AND THIS!!!

Chiefs will look at MSU QB Cousins next week
    by Bob Gretz, CBSSports.com
    Along with a private workout with Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill this week, the Chiefs are scheduled to have a private workout next week with QB Kirk Cousins of Michigan State. Cousins' physical skills don't rank him among the top QBs in this year’s draft, but he has all the intangibles the Chiefs desire -- leadership, intelligence, work ethic -- and football is very important to him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    HERE IT IS!!!!!
    Thanks. It looks like that's from ESPN, I guess.

It wouldn't surprise me if we drafted a QB. They have been talking about taking the best player available and that may be a QB at some spots.

There are definitely other positions we need to fill, but I wouldn't mind seeing a QB picked at some point.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Like TopekaRoy said I just think this means competition at the QB position. I'm sure they're going to look at several different players and positions. It's just part of the process.

I always like the idea of competition in camp. But with 2011 showing us we have some real issues with depth I would hate to carry 4 QBs and lose that roster spot.

I think they need that competition at quarterback. If we got a quarterback that will help pull the team together to win mentally then we will have no problems.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast