Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just say no to poe

Default just say no to poe

Scout on Dontari Poe: Watch him play, he didn’t do anything

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 1, 2012, 7:38 AM EDT

APThe excitement from Dontari Poe’s phenomenal Scouting Combine performance is starting to fade in the eyes of many league observers, who are turning their attention back to Poe’s tape — and not liking what they’re seeing.
    Poe, the Memphis defensive tackle who took the Combine by storm by running a 4.87-second 40-yard dash at 346 pounds and bench-pressing 225 pounds 44 times, does not impress many of those who have watched him play.
    He’ll be overdrafted,” one personnel man told the Times of Trenton. “He did all of that at the Combine, so some team will take him way higher than he should go. I mean watch him play, just watch. He didn’t do anything. And he wasn’t playing at a very high level, either. All I know is he had one sack last year and it came against Austin Peay. You probably didn’t even know Austin Peay had a football team.”
    When Poe announced in December that he was entering the NFL draft, he said he’d been told he projected as a second-rounder who could move into the first round with a good Combine. Poe didn’t have a good Combine — he had a great Combine — and he started being discussed as a Top 5 pick.
    So those who watched him bench press and run 40 yards in a straight line are more impressed than those who watched him play football. That’s not a good sign.

this guy has bust written all over him if he is picked high.if he is a 2nd or a 3rd rounder maybe he will get some motivation.and with the right coaching and talent around him maybe he could be a good player.but i hope for everything that the chiefs stay away from this guy in the first round

Seems to me most here would agree that he may work as a 2nd or 3rd round pick but at 11 he is a big risk.

I agree he ran a good time and all of a sudden he became a "cant miss guy" I don't think that he's going to be nearly as good in the NFL As people think
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by eggersonian View Post
    I guess you spent a lot of time on that link, judging by how you repost it in every thread.

I've been saying this since the combine. Coulda sworn there was about 20 people on here saying to draft him. Wish they'd come back out now that executives are coming out and saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by eggersonian View Post
    I love LB's from Alabama that become Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    I've been saying this since the combine. Coulda sworn there was about 20 people on here saying to draft him. Wish they'd come back out now that executives are coming out and saying it.
    I remember posting my interest in him. It doesn't bother me to say so, I just think the 11th pick would be to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    Please I still like the guy, I liked him well before the combine, and have post to prove it, but everyone thought he was a high second round guy. 11 might be a tad high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast