Thread: Nickel formation

Default Nickel formation

Imagine having Flowers, Routt, Lewis, Berry, and Barron out on the field for us... We played a lot of nickel last year, and now the Manning is with the Donkies more talent in the backfield would be nice. I'm not advocating this as my 1st round draft pick, but just curious what you all think. Would you rather us be stronger at LB or DB? Kuechly or Barron?

Quote Originally Posted by beaver25 View Post
    Imagine having Flowers, Routt, Lewis, Berry, and Barron out on the field for us... We played a lot of nickel last year, and now the Manning is with the Donkies more talent in the backfield would be nice. I'm not advocating this as my 1st round draft pick, but just curious what you all think. Would you rather us be stronger at LB or DB? Kuechly or Barron?

I personally would rather have a LBacker, however I see a need to add another Safety, I see us drafting both positions but at the 11th spot Kuechly is a much better value.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I personally would rather have a LBacker, however I see a need to add another Safety, I see us drafting both positions but at the 11th spot Kuechly is a much better value.
    I agree. We are already very strong at both S/CB and LB, but could use one more player for depth in LBs and defensive backs. I think you have to go best-player-available in the first round and I don't believe Decastro will still be on the board when we pick. If he is, we need to take him. We can't do enough to help improve our offensive line. If Decastro is gone, then I think the BPA will be Kuechly.

I would be happy to take a player at any of those three positions, but I think it will come down to "who can help the team the most," and that will depend on who is still there when we pick.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Kuechly is the strongest coverage Linebacker in the draft. This is were Belcher kills us. I would love having two outstanding coverage ILB in Dj and Kuechly out there.