Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: BRING PRIEST BACK!!! **official**

Default BRING PRIEST BACK!!! **official**

It totally blows my mind how I have gone a complete 180 from the last couple of years screaming, "Just give the ball to LJ!" to, "Oh no, don't give the ball to LJ!"

Blame the o-line all you want but I saw LJ yesterday, take a pitch to the outside and stop right in front of the linebacker, waiting for him to hit him behind the line of scrimmage. If he had run as hard and fast as he could to the outside (where the run was designed to go) he would have been one on one with the corner-- a favorable match-up. That play could have easily gone for 6 or so yards. Instead, LJ stops in the middle of the field on an outside-run and tries to take on a linebacker, letting the corner he could have had a better chance against come over and assist on the tackle.

We need to bring Priest back. He would have gotten the outside and made that corner work to push him our or get him down. It looks like LJ should have been "learning from Priest" while he was here like LJ was supposed to be doing. Instead, he used his time to whine and complain and used his mind for delusions of grandeur.

This running game needs a spark... This running game needs PRIEST!!!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    We were talking about why LJ dosen't make an effort anymore. Fortunately you showed up and made the brilliant statement that he should not try for extra yards as he may fumble the ball.

Work...I am not surprised
    It's lonely at the top bud!!!

Did the backups give any effort in you opinion?? I think you know where I'm going here.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Let's see, topic, what is that? We were talking football!!

Work, overrated! I don't do that!
    We were talking about why LJ dosen't make an effort anymore. Fortunately you showed up and made the brilliant statement that he should not try for extra yards as he may fumble the ball.

Work...I am not surprised

This is all in fun right?

You guys love each other deep down right?

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Did the backups give any effort in you opinion?? I think you know where I'm going here.
    Do they get paid the same?? Try being a team leader.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Why, so we can say bad things about him when he gets killed too. Or would it be a pity party and say " well atleast he tried"? You saw what our backups did.
    You're right. I saw our rookie back-up (Kolby Smith) put up more production than LJ did the whole game on only two pass plays!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    You're right. I saw our rookie back-up (Kolby Smith) put up more production than LJ did the whole game on only two pass plays!
    Yea, both were beyond the line of scrimmage. He caught the ball! Yea!

Lj's, behind the line of scrimmage.

Do they get paid the same?? Try being a team leader.
    I think everyone knows he's not a team leader! Including him probably.

Yea, both were beyond the line of scrimmage. He caught the ball! Yea!

Lj's, behind the line of scrimmage.
    Point taken.

Our rookie receiver is running harder and playing more physical when he has the ball than LJ is right now. The blind can see this.

Not lay down but I don't think like some others do that he should stay on his feet get pounded and eventually get the ball ripped out of his hands by one of the three guys tackling him! Happens all the time, guys try to do too much and get the ball ripped out.
    You are clearly exaggerating. He was doing alot of laying down, even with just one tackler. And the fact is that if it is worth it to fight for the extra yard when you get past the line of scrimmage, then it is worth it all the time.

I made a statement the other day, that LJ is great at spinning, twisting and squirming for the extra yard, or two. But he only seems to do it, when he is past the line. I believ that you fight for all of it.

Let's see... Oh, only one attempt for the backups. Tough to make a comparison.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you some s*** this morning, but appearently, you are getting plenty of it right now.

I do agree the bulk of the blame doesn't belong to LJ. It is the fact that Herm ignored his offensive line, during the off season. The offensive line is, beyond any doubt, the real problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You are clearly exaggerating. He was doing alot of laying down, even with just one tackler. And the fact is that if it is worth it to fight for the extra yard when you get past the line of scrimmage, then it is worth it all the time.

I made a statement the other day, that LJ is great at spinning, twisting and squirming for the extra yard, or two. But he only seems to do it, when he is past the line. I believ that you fight for all of it.

Let's see... Oh, only one attempt for the backups. Tough to make a comparison.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you some s*** this morning, but appearently, you are getting plenty of it right now.

I do agree the bulk of the blame doesn't belong to LJ. It is the fact that Herm ignored his offensive line, during the off season. The offensive line is, beyond any doubt, the real problem here.
    It's all good!! I'm not saying he is running as hard as he should, but I know it's got to be wearing on him as well it would any other back that he is basically running to get back to the line of scrimmage as opposed for a 2 yard loss. That in it's self has to take something outta ya! Either way, it's going to end up with a punt so ya know?

3rd down percentage yesterday...28%! Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Point taken.

Our rookie receiver is running harder and playing more physical when he has the ball than LJ is right now. The blind can see this.
    Our rookie receiver is able to get positive yardage right now. Pass the ball to LJ on a screen beyond the line a few times and I bet his effort may increase.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast