Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BRING PRIEST BACK!!! **official**

Default BRING PRIEST BACK!!! **official**

It totally blows my mind how I have gone a complete 180 from the last couple of years screaming, "Just give the ball to LJ!" to, "Oh no, don't give the ball to LJ!"

Blame the o-line all you want but I saw LJ yesterday, take a pitch to the outside and stop right in front of the linebacker, waiting for him to hit him behind the line of scrimmage. If he had run as hard and fast as he could to the outside (where the run was designed to go) he would have been one on one with the corner-- a favorable match-up. That play could have easily gone for 6 or so yards. Instead, LJ stops in the middle of the field on an outside-run and tries to take on a linebacker, letting the corner he could have had a better chance against come over and assist on the tackle.

We need to bring Priest back. He would have gotten the outside and made that corner work to push him our or get him down. It looks like LJ should have been "learning from Priest" while he was here like LJ was supposed to be doing. Instead, he used his time to whine and complain and used his mind for delusions of grandeur.

This running game needs a spark... This running game needs PRIEST!!!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

We need a lot of things on this team.

Priest seems like he has prepared for his comeback with gusto!

sling58 posted an article praising his physical shape and determination in returning to the field.

I'm glad he has tried to do it here in KC.

I would hate to see him in any other jersey.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    We need a lot of things on this team.

Priest seems like he has prepared for his comeback with gusto!

sling58 posted an article praising his physical shape and determination in returning to the field.

I'm glad he has tried to do it here in KC.

I would hate to see him in any other jersey.
    Hope his insurance is paid up!!!!!!

I waw impressed with Kolby Smith duing preseason, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him on the field. I mean, if we're giving our young QB a chance, we might as well get some other young talent on the field, too.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I waw impressed with Kolby Smith duing preseason, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him on the field. I mean, if we're giving our young QB a chance, we might as well get some other young talent on the field, too.
    Hope his insurance is paid up too! It's going to be the same ole story for all the backs. Atleast it was yesterday.

LJ is not running. Period. When the play is designed to let the linebacker come free because you are already supposed to be running over a cornerback on the outside and you stop running to wait for the linebacker behind the LOS, you are not running. LJ looks like he's heavier, slower, out of shape and doesn't want to get hurt so he can get as much of that $49 mil as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    LJ is not running. Period. When the play is designed to let the linebacker come free because you are already supposed to be running over a cornerback on the outside and you stop running to wait for the linebacker behind the LOS, you are not running. LJ looks like he's heavier, slower, out of shape and doesn't want to get hurt so he can get as much of that $49 mil as possible.
    What you don't see are the 2 or 3 guys behind that linebacker. There's nowhere to go!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    What you don't see are the 2 or 3 guys behind that linebacker. There's nowhere to go!
    So you just lay down then??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    LJ got hit by the linebacker he PLAINLY stopped running in front of 2-yards deep in the backfield. The ONLY other defender to hit him on that particular play was the corner he could have taken one-on-one if he had just kept running to the outside. LJ STOPPED running. That is a huge problem in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    LJ got hit by the linebacker he PLAINLY stopped running in front of 2-yards deep in the backfield. The ONLY other defender to hit him on that particular play was the corner he could have taken one-on-one if he had just kept running to the outside. LJ STOPPED running. That is a huge problem in my eyes.
    Seems LJ is using his mega star status to get the running game opened up, by b!tching about everyone but himself.

Perhaps he is trying to force the coaches to get the rest of the team involved in the run before he lays himself all out and gets hurt.

No excuse for the way he is running, but I won't put the blame on any running back when the O line stinks like this.

To be honest I am beginning to think the other team has our gameplan faxed to them the day before the game.

As a matter of fact, it has been pretty easy to call what the offense will do.

Some good passing early in the game for the first drive, anyway.

The missed field goal was not Rayners fault. He missed on purpose to avoid having the kick blocked with worse consequences.

Some dude from the Jags jumped right over our deep snapper, and if he would have kicked it straight it would have been even uglier.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast