Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: BRING PRIEST BACK!!! **official**

Default BRING PRIEST BACK!!! **official**

It totally blows my mind how I have gone a complete 180 from the last couple of years screaming, "Just give the ball to LJ!" to, "Oh no, don't give the ball to LJ!"

Blame the o-line all you want but I saw LJ yesterday, take a pitch to the outside and stop right in front of the linebacker, waiting for him to hit him behind the line of scrimmage. If he had run as hard and fast as he could to the outside (where the run was designed to go) he would have been one on one with the corner-- a favorable match-up. That play could have easily gone for 6 or so yards. Instead, LJ stops in the middle of the field on an outside-run and tries to take on a linebacker, letting the corner he could have had a better chance against come over and assist on the tackle.

We need to bring Priest back. He would have gotten the outside and made that corner work to push him our or get him down. It looks like LJ should have been "learning from Priest" while he was here like LJ was supposed to be doing. Instead, he used his time to whine and complain and used his mind for delusions of grandeur.

This running game needs a spark... This running game needs PRIEST!!!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Our rookie receiver is able to get positive yardage right now. Pass the ball to LJ on a screen beyond the line a few times and I bet his effort may increase.
    There's a constructive idea. That may just be the thing he needs to get going. However, one of our biggest problems running the screen right now is the fact that McIntosh is so slow, he can't get on his block in time, usually leaving a free linebacker to nail LJ as soon as he gets the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    There's a constructive idea. That may just be the thing he needs to get going. However, one of our biggest problems running the screen right now is the fact that McIntosh is so slow, he can't get on his block in time, usually leaving a free linebacker to nail LJ as soon as he gets the ball.
    Which aaaaaaaalllllllll brings me back to my point! THE O LINE SUCKS!!!!

Atleast if we got him the ball past the line, he would have a shot at making a LB miss and get some positive yardage.????

maybe we should've traded LJ before the draft...like some ppl on this board said.

We may have landed a good CB and a couple high draft picks to start drafting Linemen. Like some of y'all have suggested we should've done instead of Bowe or Hali.

I had a feeling LJ would start playing soft as soon as he got his contract. Plus, its not like you can talk to the guy about his play...he'll just start to throw a fit and turn into T.O.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    maybe we should've traded LJ before the draft...like some ppl on this board said.

We may have landed a good CB and a couple high draft picks to start drafting Linemen. Like some of y'all have suggested we should've done instead of Bowe or Hali.

I had a feeling LJ would start playing soft as soon as he got his contract. Plus, its not like you can talk to the guy about his play...he'll just start to throw a fit and turn into T.O.
    Like we should have let Phinisee go, or traded Neil Smith or maybe since Tony didn't get the record breaking TD yet we should get rid of him. LJ is the biggest stud on the team, I think givin time Bowe is going to be right there with LJ, now LJ has a lot of career left in him and Bowe is brand new, Hali is going to be a stud for some time to come, I feel that Tank and Turk have potentioal to be great, Also we took a chance on Tyron Brackenridge and he has a huge upside. There are times I am glad a lot of you aren't coaches regardless of his stat line right now, it would be the single BIGGEST mistake in franchise history to let LJ go. We need to just go out and get him some protection and have someone under center that can throw deep (Croyle maybe but if not get rid of him) to take some of the heat off LJ. With Bowe and LJ both plus a few other offensive studs with long term potential this could be a team to be reckoned with. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Which aaaaaaaalllllllll brings me back to my point! THE O LINE SUCKS!!!!

Atleast if we got him the ball past the line, he would have a shot at making a LB miss and get some positive yardage.????
    I agree that the o-line is not exempt from any blame here. LJ seems like he can't (or doesn't want to) make any LB's miss right now, though. He is freezing when he sees them coming now. A far cry from the LJ I once knew...

Would be nice to have had somebody playing Law's side yesterday with some energy/intensity!

I can't say anything bad about Bowe or Hali. Both great acquisitions if you ask me. Instead of drafting some linemen this year, I agree with Hillbilly: We could have really made some improvements to our o-line through free agency this year.

Trade LJ? I like it and I liked it then. Nothing against LJ, then or now, but without the awesome O-line we had before, he was destined to struggle.

As far as Bowe and Hali... I keep my position. While I like both, obviously the O-line needed to be addressed. No?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Trade LJ? I like it and I liked it then. Nothing against LJ, then or now, but without the awesome O-line we had before, he was destined to struggle.

As far as Bowe and Hali... I keep my position. While I like both, obviously the O-line needed to be addressed. No?
    We should have made a bid for Faneca. We have the cap room.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

So your saying LJ is ok, but without the awesome line we had he is nothing. Then why not trade him to Denver or San Diego, or even the faders. Would you wanna go up against him twice a year. Didn't think so. So sick of hearing how bad LJ is. LJ has been the single best player on the team since Priest got hurt. I would love to see him and Priest in the backfield together again and with D-Bowe in as WR, still having TG at Tight End and through Broyle in the mix and let him be a gun slinger much like Favre and Romo. That would be a force.

I agree that the o-line is not exempt from any blame here. LJ seems like he can't (or doesn't want to) make any LB's miss right now, though. He is freezing when he sees them coming now. A far cry from the LJ I once knew...

Would be nice to have had somebody playing Law's side yesterday with some energy/intensity!

I can't say anything bad about Bowe or Hali. Both great acquisitions if you ask me. Instead of drafting some linemen this year, I agree with Hillbilly: We could have really made some improvements to our o-line through free agency this year.

Oh man it pisses me off every time I think of the guys that were signed in the offseason!!!!!!!!! Steamin mad! We had sooooooo much money and we still do, and we didn't spend a dime of it up front for some real good FA's!

We should have made a bid for Faneca. We have the cap room.
    He is expected to hit the market this offseason. I would love to have him, but that would not be nearly enough. Unfortunately, whatever we might do for the O-line, this offseason, will not have the full impact for likely, a full year.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast