Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Time to change our tune.

Default Time to change our tune.

I honestly don't know how anybody can blame Huard or the play-calling for the horrible performance yesterday. We opened the game passing and stuck with it pretty much all the way because we had no run game. Passing the ball is the ONLY thing we did even remotely well, yesterday. Huard and mainly Solari have deservedly taken some heat and have both been the source of some well-placed doubts. Again though, they provided the only bright spot for us yesterday at all!

The problem was not only the absolutely disgusting lack of a run game but special teams as well. Far more impactful than the missed field-goal on the first drive, was Eddie Drummond's fear of catching a punt and running with it! We started every drive with horrible field position because he let every punt go and bounce down inside the 10-yard line. Drummond's timidness on punt-returns was unacceptable from a guy we brought in to do this job, specifically.

Another huge contributing factor in our loss yesterday, was Ty Law's inability to cover on third downs. It looked like Law was playing in Greg Robinson's "read and react" style defense when we used to see the Chiefs playing off the recievers so far on third-and-long that a conversion seemed almost inevitable every time. That was the worst coverage I have seen out of any Chiefs' defender this year.

Of course, a lot of the blame for yesterday rides squarely on the shoulders of Larry Johnson and the offensive line. 10 yards rushing at home? I want my money back!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    What we really need is an offensive line! One that can not only make hole in the defense but also protect our quarterback, whoever he is!
    Well we have been discussing the lack of any opportunities for fixing the O line.

Since it is too late (missed in the draft and FA) I say we go for Broyle.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

You are both more alike than either of you know!

Oh, yeah. You are asking for trouble with that. I thought you knew that you aren't supposed to use personal insults.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Oh, yeah. You are asking for trouble with that. I thought you knew that you aren't supposed to use personal insults.

That's why the mods are there!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You and Canada could fly down and attend games together!

I have a feeling if you two met there would be an argument then you two would be fast friends.

You are both more alike than either of you know!
    I have said this in a post before and to him in a PM but he refuses to believe it! That's ok. It's all good in love and hate!!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    So, at 2-3 while still tied for first in our division, we pull the known-commodity that is Huard for a young, injury- and mistake-prone Croyle when we have no running threat to take any pressure off of either QB-- further increasing the risk of injury and potential mistakes to whoever is under center. Why get the "future star" hurt? Why unnecessarily hurt his confidence with bad performances? Why not ride Huard out for as long as possible since he does not have much longer to play, being the veteran "transition QB"? Why not give the Chiefs a chance to fix a few things to make it easier for Croyle when he does come in?

As far as being a "future star" goes, Croyle is a third round pick from Alabama who has suffered serious injury at every level of football he has played. Are defenses "nicer" or "softer" in the NFL than college? No.

IMO, unless Huard is injured Croyle should not be the starter in this situation, at this time.
    I think you and HH both bring up great points. I think if Huard is hurt, then this will solve itself. Rep for both of you.

We were one dimensional because we had no running game; we need both, we can't trade one for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    We were one dimensional because we had no running game; we need both, we can't trade one for the other.
    If we make a trade it needs to be for an entire offensive line, maybee some o line coaches?

Priest!!!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345