Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Time to change our tune.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Time to change our tune.


    0 Not allowed!
    I honestly don't know how anybody can blame Huard or the play-calling for the horrible performance yesterday. We opened the game passing and stuck with it pretty much all the way because we had no run game. Passing the ball is the ONLY thing we did even remotely well, yesterday. Huard and mainly Solari have deservedly taken some heat and have both been the source of some well-placed doubts. Again though, they provided the only bright spot for us yesterday at all!

    The problem was not only the absolutely disgusting lack of a run game but special teams as well. Far more impactful than the missed field-goal on the first drive, was Eddie Drummond's fear of catching a punt and running with it! We started every drive with horrible field position because he let every punt go and bounce down inside the 10-yard line. Drummond's timidness on punt-returns was unacceptable from a guy we brought in to do this job, specifically.

    Another huge contributing factor in our loss yesterday, was Ty Law's inability to cover on third downs. It looked like Law was playing in Greg Robinson's "read and react" style defense when we used to see the Chiefs playing off the recievers so far on third-and-long that a conversion seemed almost inevitable every time. That was the worst coverage I have seen out of any Chiefs' defender this year.

    Of course, a lot of the blame for yesterday rides squarely on the shoulders of Larry Johnson and the offensive line. 10 yards rushing at home? I want my money back!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I honestly don't know how anybody can blame Huard or the play-calling for the horrible performance yesterday. We opened the game passing and stuck with it pretty much all the way because we had no run game. Passing the ball is the ONLY thing we did even remotely well, yesterday. Huard and mainly Solari have deservedly taken some heat and have both been the source of some well-placed doubts. Again though, they provided the only bright spot for us yesterday at all!

    The problem was not only the absolutely disgusting lack of a run game but special teams as well. Far more impactful than the missed field-goal on the first drive, was Eddie Drummond's fear of catching a punt and running with it! We started every drive with horrible field position because he let every punt go and bounce down inside the 10-yard line. Drummond's timidness on punt-returns was unacceptable from a guy we brought in to do this job, specifically.

    Another huge contributing factor in our loss yesterday, was Ty Law's inability to cover on third downs. It looked like Law was playing in Greg Robinson's "read and react" style defense when we used to see the Chiefs playing off the recievers so far on third-and-long that a conversion seemed almost inevitable every time. That was the worst coverage I have seen out of any Chiefs' defender this year.

    Of course, a lot of the blame for yesterday rides squarely on the shoulders of Larry Johnson and the offensive line. 10 yards rushing at home? I want my money back!

    Put LT behind that line and the outcome would be the same!

    Ty Law? I have been complaining about this washed up peice of **** for months! He is done! Terrible! I was hoping someone would beat him out in camp.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think anyone on here has been bashing Huard (I will say that he is scared on the field, as he should be) or his ability to manage a game.

    Now I will bash Huard. He was overthrowing receivers badly yesterday.

    He made some good plays, and some bad plays.

    I just think it is time for a change, and the only thing we can really do it put in someone who touches the ball every play of the offensive game, and it may spark something.

    The season is not lost folks. We are tied for second in the division, only a half game behind the hated Raiders.

    Unless we do something different this season could get really, really ugly.

    I am ready for the future of the team, if that is what Broyle really is.

    Let's watch what he can do for about six games, and evaluate him.

    If he is not the future, then by all means get someone else in there.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I don't think anyone on here has been bashing Huard (I will say that he is scared on the field, as he should be) or his ability to manage a game.

    Now I will bash Huard. He was overthrowing receivers badly yesterday.

    He made some good plays, and some bad plays.

    I just think it is time for a change, and the only thing we can really do it put in someone who touches the ball every play of the offensive game, and it may spark something.

    The season is not lost folks. We are tied for second in the division, only a half game behind the hated Raiders.

    Unless we do something different this season could get really, really ugly.

    I am ready for the future of the team, if that is what Broyle really is.

    Let's watch what he can do for about six games, and evaluate him.

    If he is not the future, then by all means get someone else in there.
    With absolutely NO running threat, "Broyle" will be the future of this team for about three snaps, until he is laying on the field in four different pieces. Huard is still playing consistent and we know what to expect from him so we can gameplan around it. There are so many problems on this team right now, we have to work with what we know we have. To throw in an unknown commodity without fixing what is currently wrong is asking for more and far-greater disaster, IMO.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    With absolutely NO running threat, "Broyle" will be the future of this team for about three snaps, until he is laying on the field in four different pieces. Huard is still playing consistent and we know what to expect from him so we can gameplan around it. There are so many problems on this team right now, we have to work with what we know we have. To throw in an unknown commodity without fixing what is currently wrong is asking for more and far-greater disaster, IMO.
    The play calling is atrocious and Broyle will suffer just as Huard did.

    But just maybe he can avoid the rush and get outside.

    I'm not really arguing with you, just stating my opinion.

    I know Broyle is young and untested, but you have to admit you like his arm, don't you?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    The play calling is atrocious and Broyle will suffer just as Huard did.

    But just maybe he can avoid the rush and get outside.

    I'm not really arguing with you, just stating my opinion.

    I know Broyle is young and untested, but you have to admit you like his arm, don't you?
    I do like his arm but his durability is suspect. He was hurt in high-school, he was hurt in college, and to put him in now is asking for more of the same. What the hell do you want out of the play-calling??? I don't get this. We run and it's bad play-calling. We pass and it's bad play-calling. Is there another way to move the football downfield that I don't know about? We still do a lot of motion and we did a lot of play-fakes yesterday. We are TRYING to confuse defenses but everything is getting sniffed out because we are one-dimensional. Everybody keyed on the run and now know how to stop the Chiefs from running. This gave us a small window of opportunity to get the pass going. With the complete lack of a running game and the pass being our only threat, it's only a matter of time before that stops working too-- much like what we saw yesterday.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I do like his arm but his durability is suspect. He was hurt in high-school, he was hurt in college, and to put him in now is asking for more of the same. What the hell do you want out of the play-calling??? I don't get this. We run and it's bad play-calling. We pass and it's bad play-calling. Is there another way to move the football downfield that I don't know about? We still do a lot of motion and we did a lot of play-fakes yesterday. We are TRYING to confuse defenses but everything is getting sniffed out because we are one-dimensional. Everybody keyed on the run and now know how to stop the Chiefs from running. This gave us a small window of opportunity to get the pass going. With the complete lack of a running game and the pass being our only threat, it's only a matter of time before that stops working too-- much like what we saw yesterday.
    I disagree. If we call more play action passes (I know we started out that way yesterday) it will open up the run because we will have an accurate QB behind the line. NO team respects the Chiefs passing game right now. Huard was being saved by Dbowe and TG. His passes have been terrible for the past two weeks.

    Herm gave up yesterday with 6 min to go he punted on 4th and 2 down by 3 scores. I realize we were backed up near our endzone, but if we are relying on our defense that much, then we need trust them to keep it within 3 scores and just let them have a field goal.

    The Jags offense was eating up way too much of the clock with their offensive drives. Herm even said post game that he was calling the time outs so that we could see Broyle in the game and get him some time.

    He never even thought of trying to comeback and win the game.

    I know this isn't really what we were talking about, but maybe if we have a premiere QB in the game it will open up the entire offense.

    I don't think that our offense is as bad as it looks.

    We just need to come together and play as a team.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I do like his arm but his durability is suspect. He was hurt in high-school, he was hurt in college, and to put him in now is asking for more of the same. What the hell do you want out of the play-calling??? I don't get this. We run and it's bad play-calling. We pass and it's bad play-calling. Is there another way to move the football downfield that I don't know about? We still do a lot of motion and we did a lot of play-fakes yesterday. We are TRYING to confuse defenses but everything is getting sniffed out because we are one-dimensional. Everybody keyed on the run and now know how to stop the Chiefs from running. This gave us a small window of opportunity to get the pass going. With the complete lack of a running game and the pass being our only threat, it's only a matter of time before that stops working too-- much like what we saw yesterday.
    audibles? maybe they have a video camera on our sideline and are reading our plays??? or then again, why would they need a video camera? they can just ask anyone in the stands what play we are going to run.

    if you havent noticed from last year's playoff game till now, we ran on 1st and 2nd, passed on 3rd, then punted.

    Yes, we are doing more passing now. But there were key times in the game yesturday, where we had 2 passes, 1 got us first down, second got us 2nd and 4...then we ran on 2nd and 3rd down for no gain and punted. I mean, right when our throwing game was on....we ran two times in a row and lost possession.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default OK...you got me.


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    The play calling is atrocious and Broyle will suffer just as Huard did.

    But just maybe he can avoid the rush and get outside.

    I'm not really arguing with you, just stating my opinion.

    I know Broyle is young and untested, but you have to admit you like his arm, don't you?
    Guilty...I do. But I also like fast cars with no airbags. The kid does get me cheering a little bit louder out of excitement and dare I say a wee bit of fear.

    But then again, we have only seen him out there so little.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    With absolutely NO running threat, "Broyle" will be the future of this team for about three snaps, until he is laying on the field in four different pieces. Huard is still playing consistent and we know what to expect from him so we can gameplan around it. There are so many problems on this team right now, we have to work with what we know we have. To throw in an unknown commodity without fixing what is currently wrong is asking for more and far-greater disaster, IMO.
    Uh...isn't Huard injured?
    Everything happens for a reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •