Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: I hope we don't draft a QB before the 3rd round

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default I hope we don't draft a QB before the 3rd round


    0 Not allowed!
    We need a NT and to fill depth in other areas far before drafting a QB, that and aside from Luck or RGIII (even though I'm not a big RGIII fan either) I don't see any QB worth a damn. Cassel has a great line now, top 5 defense, 2 very good RB's, 3 very talented receivers, and 2 very good TE's. IF he can't get it done, then draft Landry Jones next year. Until then let's see what Matty can do, no excuses, if he gets it done good for him if not, at least we know and we get rid of him and still have an amazing team. I say we pick up Decastro in the first and the best NT available in the 2nd if Pioli wants a QB let him get one in the third or later, but lets solidify our O-line and D-line first.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    No arguments from me.


  3. #3
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm not a Cassel supporter but if he stays healthy the next few years we won't be drafting this high for a while. He can win regular season games with the team that's around him, unfortunately that's all he can do.

    If Ryan Tannehill is there at 11 I hope we take him. He has the attributes to be a top 10 quarterback in the league. Pick 11 is kind of ugly this year, and I doubt we will get a chance at a high caliber quarterback in the near future. We can always draft a great guard picking in the 20's next year. While DeCastro is a fantastic player I hate to "reach" for a guard that early.

    I doubt we will invest an early pick at NT, they are really trying to develop Jerrell Powe while we milk the last ounces of football from Gregg.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    I'm not a Cassel supporter but if he stays healthy the next few years we won't be drafting this high for a while. He can win regular season games with the team that's around him, unfortunately that's all he can do.

    If Ryan Tannehill is there at 11 I hope we take him. He has the attributes to be a top 10 quarterback in the league. Pick 11 is kind of ugly this year, and I doubt we will get a chance at a high caliber quarterback in the near future. We can always draft a great guard picking in the 20's next year. While DeCastro is a fantastic player I hate to "reach" for a guard that early.

    I doubt we will invest an early pick at NT, they are really trying to develop Jerrell Powe while we milk the last ounces of football from Gregg.
    My opinion is just the opposite of yours. DeCastro seems like a sure thing to me and Tannehill was a fringe first rounder right up to the point where two or three teams started talking QB and he's been rising ever since. I watch a lot of Big 12 college football and like someone else said somewhere, Tannehill will have you going wow, nice throw one minute and WTF was that! another. Which reminds me a lot of one that goes by the name Matt Cassel.

    Tannehill is a converted receiver that's played QB for a year and a half. Pass, even at 11, trade down and stock up on picks.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I hope you didn't misunderstand me, I wouldn't be upset if we took DeCastro at 11 since he is by far the best Guard in the draft. I just want the Chiefs to finally invest in a quarterback with a lot of upside and since I doubt we will be picking in the top 10 anytime soon we have to take a chance on fringe 1st rounders...They seem to pay off quite frequently as of late. I would be happy if we took a chance on Osweiler later on!

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    My opinion is just the opposite of yours. DeCastro seems like a sure thing to me and Tannehill was a fringe first rounder right up to the point where two or three teams started talking QB and he's been rising ever since. I watch a lot of Big 12 college football and like someone else said somewhere, Tannehill will have you going wow, nice throw one minute and WTF was that! another. Which reminds me a lot of one that goes by the name Matt Cassel.

    Tannehill is a converted receiver that's played QB for a year and a half. Pass, even at 11, trade down and stock up on picks.
    Decastro is a stud, who could play in position on the line.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i would love to get decastro. but i am also sick of being below average at qb as well

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i would love to get decastro. but i am also sick of being below average at qb as well
    Tannehil is going to be a bench warmer for the next couple years he is not NFL ready.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Tannehil is going to be a bench warmer for the next couple years he is not NFL ready.
    i am not sold on tannenhill being an immediate starter either, but he definantly has tons of potential.and andy dalton coming out of tcu was not supposed to make a huge impact last year but he did.the days of drafting a qb and letting him sit for a few years are over.if you put a good team (wich kc has) around a rookie qb,they can be instantly sucessfull,i already know the tannenhill only started 15 games argument is coming. and i agree but there is an obvious need to have more talent at the qb position for the chiefs.. just because you get cassell an 0-line does not mean he will quit staring down his receivers and freaking out when someone in the pocket so much as breathes on him .i think pioli and crennell have already shown their cards.. and they are obviously not comfortable with cassel.that is why they are interviewing tannenhill and also why they tried to replace him with manning and was not shy about it.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Just my opinion, but I think if Pioli and Crennel wanted Manning in KC, then he would be in KC right now. It feels to me like KC made no REAL effort to get him.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. First Round Draft Pick Poll
    By jap1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:25 AM
  2. I thought we would wait until at least the 3rd round to draft a QB.
    By hermhater in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 12:11 AM
  3. What round do the Chiefs draft a QB?
    By hermhater in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 01:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •