Thread: Chiefs Meet with Bama NT Chapman

Default Chiefs Meet with Bama NT Chapman

Chiefs visit with Alabama NT Josh Chapman.

I love this news!

I've been high on this guy the entire offseason and would love to see him as a Chief. The article says the Chiefs are more than likely checking Chapman over physically because he is coming off of a surgery to repair an ACL injury he sustained mid-way thought last season..

That's right..The guy is so tough, HE PLAYED HALF THE SEASON ON A TORN ACL!! and at a high level. Just to prove that he still made a difference I did some research, and found out that he only missed one game last season, The one game he missed was against Georgia Southern, and the Tide (known for their stout D last year) gave up an abismal 302yds RUSHING! The remaining games when Chapman DID play, they allowed an average of only 59yds/game. Now that's plugging some holes!

The guy is a pure bread NT from the 3-4 system Albama runs, and should adjust well.

I would much rather pass on a guy like Dontari Poe who I belive played in a 4-3 in college, and agaisnt less talent, and take this guy in round3.

My Ideal choice for the 1st 3 rounds would be:

1. Decastro
    2. Hightower (might have to trade up, but not far)
    3. Chapman

or

1. Kuechley
    2. Osemeli (OG from Iowa)
    3. Chapman

Let Champan and Powe rotate and work to solve our NT situation for the next 5-7 years

I also have been intrigued by this guy. I really do hope he falls to the 3rd round. Hopefully there isn't too much interest in him because of the knee injury. Then again, I also hope there isn't too much long term damage in his knee because of the knee injury.

looks to be a solid player

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adgP1Jqhokw"]Josh Chapman - YouTube[/ame]

One never does know until he plays a few downs in the NFL.

i'd rather we give this kid a try than poe!! it will cost us less, less risk, even though poe has a higher potential chapman looks more nfl ready now.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I still don't understand why are so many teams interested in Poe over Chapman. He was better even injured!!!
    If you like good physical skills, you can find it other sports too, but football isn't about that, it's about FOOTBALL skills.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I like Chapman. If they could get him in round 3 it would be a great value pick.