Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs 2012 season game by game predictions

Default Chiefs 2012 season game by game predictions

Alright, Chiefs fans. Time to make your predictions for this year. Just copy and paste and edit "Ws" and "Ls."

• Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon W
    • Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W (revenge match!)
    • Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon W (Sanctions decimate Saints defense)
    • Sept. 30: San Diego, noon W
    • Oct. 7: Baltimore, noon L
    • Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay, noon W
    • Oct. 21: bye
    • Oct. 28: Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Nov. 1: at San Diego, 7:20 p.m. L
    • Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. W (revenge match 2!)
    • Nov. 18: Cincinnati, noon W
    • Nov. 25: Denver, noon W
    • Dec. 2: Carolina, noon W
    • Dec. 9: at Cleveland, noon W
    • Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Dec. 23: Indianapolis, noon W (revenge match 3!)
    • Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L (Chiefs rest key starters for playoffs!)

Season record: 13-3
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm going by what I saw on the field in 2010 vs what I say from opponents last year. You can call me a pessimist if you want, I call it realism. The Chiefs haven't gone 13-3 in almost a decade and usually teams with elite QBs reach that area, with the exception of the 90s Chiefs.
    Pessimists always call pessimism "realism."

This is not the same team that played in 2010 and we aren't playing the same opponents.

The dumbest argument for predicting who will beat who is the historical one. "team A has beaten team B in 3 of the last four match-ups on the road." "Team C can't win outdoors in November and December." "Team D always plays better on the road than they do at home." The past has little impact on the present and future.

The 49ers were 6-10 in 2010 and 13-3 last year, with Alex Smith, no less! The Lions went from 2-14 in '09 to 6-10 in '10 to 10-6 in '11. And it goes both ways. In the last 3 years the Vikings went 12-4, 6-10 and 3-13. The Colts went 14-2, 10-6 and 2-14. Those are just a couple of recent examples.

There is every reason to believe that the Chiefs will be a much improved team this year and only two reasons not to--pessimism and some people's opinion of Matt Cassel.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Other than our division rivals, I think for the first half of the season many teams are going to look past us to their detriment. I have to wait until July to make any predictions. There's too many FA and draft moves to get a good sense of what we are going to look like come pre-season. It's shaping up to be a good year. San Diego has done what they've been doing-nothing. Oakland thinks their crazy quilt of semi-talented players will see them through. Denver has over-committed to a potential lame duck QB and neglected(so far) other key areas-receiving corps and offensive line. So I think there is no reason to not expect to win the AFC West. Beyond that, I want to see how our training camp line-up stacks up to quality opponents like Baltimore, Pittsturd and Cincinnati before I make any guess at any of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    And yet Manning was on the decline before he didn't play for...oh about a year and a half. When are you going to get it through your head?!? Look at how unorganized people were after the lockout last year. Manning has been out six times longer. I'll say it again...SIX times longer.

I'm not saying Manning is going to suck but the guy has been out an absurdly long time, he's 36 yrs old and I'll tell you at 35 I'm moving a heck of a lot slower than I was even in my early 30's, it takes a lot longer for me to heal and get back to 100% after a tough day. Am I comparing myself to Manning or an NFL player, heck no. But age is age regardless of what you're doing. I also haven't taken hits from pissed off 300+ lb D-Line or 260 lb ILB's that want to kill me.

The other thing you seem to forget is that Romeo always seems to confuse Manning. Manning will have a new center, team, OC and playbook. You seem to think he'll come back and just pick up where he left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

This is not the same team that played in 2010 and we aren't playing the same opponents.

The dumbest argument for predicting who will beat who is the historical one. "team A has beaten team B in 3 of the last four match-ups on the road." "Team C can't win outdoors in November and December." "Team D always plays better on the road than they do at home." The past has little impact on the present and future.

The 49ers were 6-10 in 2010 and 13-3 last year, with Alex Smith, no less! The Lions went from 2-14 in '09 to 6-10 in '10 to 10-6 in '11. And it goes both ways. In the last 3 years the Vikings went 12-4, 6-10 and 3-13. The Colts went 14-2, 10-6 and 2-14. Those are just a couple of recent examples.

There is every reason to believe that the Chiefs will be a much improved team this year and only two reasons not to--pessimism and some people's opinion of Matt Cassel.
    EX-ACT-LY!!!^^

Can't agree more! REP for the both of you

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Ok listen to me. They were a contender every frickn year, the one year he doesnt play the organization goes to absolute pieces. We have never seen a player do that with a nfl franchise. We have seen QB's retire and the team has struggled. But when was the last time the coach was fired, the gm was fired, most of their good players were released. People on this site dont give peyton manning the credit he deserves. I HATE denver let me be very clear, but anyone who brushes off denver like they are nothing and thinks we will sweep them is a fool
    Did you read my whole post. I said If Peyton doesn't hold up and they lose them then we sweep them. There is a real chance that he won't. After all he didn't play at all in 2011 don't you no that's not a good sign? You sure were screaming it for a good while.Do you really think that the Chiefs are going to lose to a qb that lost to Tyler Palko? That's there backup plan.

Peyton Manning deserves a lot of credit but not all of it. People in the media love to talk him up. They OVERRATE what Peyton has done. Yes I said Overrate. If you listen to ESPN they make it seem like not only is he throwing the passes but hes blocking catching the pass breaking 30 tackles and scoring a td. Yes he is a GREAT hall of fame QB. But he has always had talent around him. People make it seem like Peyton was the only one that they lost from there great great teams. Marrvion Harrison Edgrin James didn't help there teams? They have lost more then just Peyton over the years the media just doesn't want to tell you that. They went 2-14 for the same reason that we did in 08 there talent got Old and they didn't have the younger guys in place to replace them. They didn't go 2-14 just because they lost Peyton Manning.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Playoffs: 0-1. Just kiddin.
    GET HIM
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I see no reason why this team can't be two games better than it was in 2010 and we went 10-6 that year. Our defense is better, our O-line will be better and we have more than just Bowe to throw the ball to now, so our pass game will be better.

I'll admit my prediction is an optimistic best case scenario. If I were to put money on it I would guess the Chiefs go 11-5 or 10-6. We are sure to lose a couple of games that we should win, like every team does every year. If we could beat the Packers last year (nobody else could in the regular season) with less talent than we will have this year, we can beat anybody.

Some of you are so used the Chiefs failing, that you refuse to see the obvious talent that is all over the field on this team. I call this the "Cubs Fan syndrome." I believe you deliberately set your expectations low, because you can't handle the disappointment you will feel if they don't meet them. You are naturally pessimistic, and the only way you can feel good is when the Chiefs do badly and you can say, "see? I told you so."

I would much rather set my expectations high and say. "see? I told you so" when the Chiefs meet them.
    Resident Cubs fan here...

You short-changed the pessimism here....

"the only way you can feel good is when the Chiefs do badly and you can say, "see? I told you so"...

The pessimist has the added advantage of being pleasantly surprised, when things go well. No better feeling that getting a huge positive surpise. Especially getting a huge turd for a surpise, which is what you get when you have high expectations, and things don't work out.

Pessemistic prediction gets pleasant surprise, or nothing shocking.

Optimistic prediction gets Horrible letdown, or nothing too surprising.

Myself, I have not had the time to go over the full schedule like this yet. (Thanks alot, Roy. ), but I expect to be around 9-7 when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You short-changed the pessimism here....

Pessemistic prediction gets pleasant surprise, or nothing shocking.

Optimistic prediction gets Horrible letdown, or nothing too surprising.
    Excellent point. I gave you rep for that.

Myself, I have not had the time to go over the full schedule like this yet. (Thanks alot, Roy. )...
    What else have you got to do; read the healthcare bill?

Oh, you mean that other thread. You started it! If you had just agreed with my brilliant initial post, none of that other stuff would have happened!

... but I expect to be around 9-7 when I do.
    Pessimist!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Ok listen to me. They were a contender every frickn year, the one year he doesnt play the organization goes to absolute pieces. We have never seen a player do that with a nfl franchise. We have seen QB's retire and the team has struggled. But when was the last time the coach was fired, the gm was fired, most of their good players were released. People on this site dont give peyton manning the credit he deserves. I HATE denver let me be very clear, but anyone who brushes off denver like they are nothing and thinks we will sweep them is a fool
    Peyton couldnt beat new england or san diego, with the exception of his one superbowl win against the rex grossman led bears peyton isnt anywhere near the level of a joe montana, john elway, tom brady, terry bradshaw, he is excellent yes but there are a number of quarter backs who are better.

You base your success rate on superbowls, dudes beem to and only wone one, tren dilfer got a ring bro....so the peyton praise is once again hypocritical per ur norm.

For the record, Matt Cassel is, pretty much, the reason for my "pessimism". Get a better QB and we're talking 11-5 minimum. The 49ers went 13-3 much like how I mentioned the Chiefs did it back in the 90s. Their defense is much better than ours.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

• Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon W
    • Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W
    • Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon L
    • Sept. 30: San Diego, noon W
    • Oct. 7: Baltimore, noon L
    • Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay, noon W
    • Oct. 21: bye
    • Oct. 28: Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Nov. 1: at San Diego, 7:20 p.m. L
    • Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. W
    • Nov. 18: Cincinnati, noon W
    • Nov. 25: Denver, noon W
    • Dec. 2: Carolina, noon W
    • Dec. 9: at Cleveland, noon W
    • Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Dec. 23: Indianapolis, noon W (revenge match 3!)
    • Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L

My gut tells me we are going to go 11-5, but above is my game by game prediction for the moment.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast