Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Chiefs 2012 season game by game predictions

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,358
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 58

    Default Chiefs 2012 season game by game predictions


    0 Not allowed!
    Alright, Chiefs fans. Time to make your predictions for this year. Just copy and paste and edit "Ws" and "Ls."

    • Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon W
    • Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W (revenge match!)
    • Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon W (Sanctions decimate Saints defense)
    • Sept. 30: San Diego, noon W
    • Oct. 7: Baltimore, noon L
    • Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay, noon W
    • Oct. 21: bye
    • Oct. 28: Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Nov. 1: at San Diego, 7:20 p.m. L
    • Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. W (revenge match 2!)
    • Nov. 18: Cincinnati, noon W
    • Nov. 25: Denver, noon W
    • Dec. 2: Carolina, noon W
    • Dec. 9: at Cleveland, noon W
    • Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Dec. 23: Indianapolis, noon W (revenge match 3!)
    • Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L (Chiefs rest key starters for playoffs!)

    Season record: 13-3
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    678
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Actually this team can easily be a 12-4 team if we had a an elite QB. Maybe cassel steps it up this year. Maybe.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,358
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    So, basically, everyone is saying we're going to be one of the best teams in the NFL? Wow....

    Take off the rose-colored glasses and put on some shades before you guys become blind. I'm not saying I don't like optimism, but this is NOT a 12-4 team.
    I see no reason why this team can't be two games better than it was in 2010 and we went 10-6 that year. Our defense is better, our O-line will be better and we have more than just Bowe to throw the ball to now, so our pass game will be better.

    I'll admit my prediction is an optimistic best case scenario. If I were to put money on it I would guess the Chiefs go 11-5 or 10-6. We are sure to lose a couple of games that we should win, like every team does every year. If we could beat the Packers last year (nobody else could in the regular season) with less talent than we will have this year, we can beat anybody.

    Some of you are so used the Chiefs failing, that you refuse to see the obvious talent that is all over the field on this team. I call this the "Cubs Fan syndrome." I believe you deliberately set your expectations low, because you can't handle the disappointment you will feel if they don't meet them. You are naturally pessimistic, and the only way you can feel good is when the Chiefs do badly and you can say, "see? I told you so."

    I would much rather set my expectations high and say. "see? I told you so" when the Chiefs meet them.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 04-19-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I see no reason why this team can't be two games better than it was in 2010 and we went 10-6 that year. Our defense is better, our O-line will be better and we have more than just Bowe to throw the ball to now, so our pass game will be better.

    I'll admit my prediction is an optimistic best case scenario. If I were to put money on it I would guess the Chiefs go 11-5 or 10-6. We are sure to lose a couple of games that we should win, like every team does every year. If we could beat the Packers last year (nobody else could in the regular season) with less talent than we will have this year, we can beat anybody.

    Some of you are so used the Chiefs failing, that you refuse to see the obvious talent that is all over the field on this team. I call this the "Cubs Fan syndrome." I believe you deliberately set your expectations low, because you can't handle the disappointment you will feel if they don't meet them. You are naturally pessimistic, and the only way you can feel good is when the Chiefs do badly and you can say, "see? I told you so."

    I would much rather set my expectations high and say. "see? I told you so" when the Chiefs meet them.
    Well Said!

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    13-3 12-4? You guys are nuts, I can maybe see 9-7
    Yeah forgot we were betting here. ..

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,760
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    • Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon W
    • Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W
    • Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon W
    • Sept. 30: San Diego, noon W
    • Oct. 7: Baltimore, noon L
    • Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay, noon W
    • Oct. 21: bye
    • Oct. 28: Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Nov. 1: at San Diego, 7:20 p.m. L
    • Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. L
    • Nov. 18: Cincinnati, noon W
    • Nov. 25: Denver, noon L
    • Dec. 2: Carolina, noon L
    • Dec. 9: at Cleveland, noon W
    • Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Dec. 23: Indianapolis, noon W
    • Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L

    10-6

    What were we, 7-9 this year? I think a better HC and OC situation along with the FA additions and the return of Charles, Berry, Cassel, and Moeaki along with a decent draft class should be more than enough to improve the win total by 3... oh, and the Chiefs have an easier schedule on paper than they did in 2011. I wouldn't be shocked to see more than just 10 wins.
    Last edited by texaschief; 04-19-2012 at 05:12 AM.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,043
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Playoffs: 0-1. Just kiddin.

    I wouldn't even venture a guess at this point in time.


  8. #27
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I see no reason why this team can't be two games better than it was in 2010 and we went 10-6 that year. Our defense is better, our O-line will be better and we have more than just Bowe to throw the ball to now, so our pass game will be better.

    I'll admit my prediction is an optimistic best case scenario. If I were to put money on it I would guess the Chiefs go 11-5 or 10-6. We are sure to lose a couple of games that we should win, like every team does every year. If we could beat the Packers last year (nobody else could in the regular season) with less talent than we will have this year, we can beat anybody.

    Some of you are so used the Chiefs failing, that you refuse to see the obvious talent that is all over the field on this team. I call this the "Cubs Fan syndrome." I believe you deliberately set your expectations low, because you can't handle the disappointment you will feel if they don't meet them. You are naturally pessimistic, and the only way you can feel good is when the Chiefs do badly and you can say, "see? I told you so."

    I would much rather set my expectations high and say. "see? I told you so" when the Chiefs meet them.
    I'm going by what I saw on the field in 2010 vs what I say from opponents last year. You can call me a pessimist if you want, I call it realism. The Chiefs haven't gone 13-3 in almost a decade and usually teams with elite QBs reach that area, with the exception of the 90s Chiefs.

    This defense isn't anywhere near as good as the 90s Chiefs defenses, as much as everyone keeps clinging to the belief that it is. This is a 9-7 team til proven otherwise.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    It's very hard to have a great receiving core (Which we do have weapons) with no qb
    We have a QB. If cassel still struggles with the improved recieving core, a great backfield and a great offensive line (with the likely add of DeCastro) 'THEN' I will be as down on him as you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Ok listen to me. They were a contender every frickn year, the one year he doesnt play the organization goes to absolute pieces. We have never seen a player do that with a nfl franchise. We have seen QB's retire and the team has struggled. But when was the last time the coach was fired, the gm was fired, most of their good players were released. People on this site dont give peyton manning the credit he deserves. I HATE denver let me be very clear, but anyone who brushes off denver like they are nothing and thinks we will sweep them is a fool
    Yes Manning was holding that franchise together but they were declining year by year. Im not saying he can't do that again but he is much older, is coming of surgery and has never played with any other team (or center than Jeff Saturday i might than add) than the colts. Obviously they will be improved but not as much as people are saying.

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quoting Mike Mayock: "The Chiefs have a sneakily good roster with a lot of big playmakers, watch for them to be big contenders this year"

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Ok listen to me. They were a contender every frickn year, the one year he doesnt play the organization goes to absolute pieces. We have never seen a player do that with a nfl franchise. We have seen QB's retire and the team has struggled. But when was the last time the coach was fired, the gm was fired, most of their good players were released. People on this site dont give peyton manning the credit he deserves. I HATE denver let me be very clear, but anyone who brushes off denver like they are nothing and thinks we will sweep them is a fool
    And yet Manning was on the decline before he didn't play for...oh about a year and a half. When are you going to get it through your head?!? Look at how unorganized people were after the lockout last year. Manning has been out six times longer. I'll say it again...SIX times longer.

    I'm not saying Manning is going to suck but the guy has been out an absurdly long time, he's 36 yrs old and I'll tell you at 35 I'm moving a heck of a lot slower than I was even in my early 30's, it takes a lot longer for me to heal and get back to 100% after a tough day. Am I comparing myself to Manning or an NFL player, heck no. But age is age regardless of what you're doing. I also haven't taken hits from pissed off 300+ lb D-Line or 260 lb ILB's that want to kill me.

    The other thing you seem to forget is that Romeo always seems to confuse Manning. Manning will have a new center, team, OC and playbook. You seem to think he'll come back and just pick up where he left off.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It's time.......(game predictions)
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 10:29 PM
  2. Score Predictions for chargers Game
    By Lazeye in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 02:48 PM
  3. Chiefs game-by-game Predictions
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 11:06 PM
  4. Pre-game predictions. 5-2 or 4-3??
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 01:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •