Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft 3.0

Default Mock Draft 3.0

Dolphins trade up to #3 from #8 overall and select Ryan Tannehill before the Browns get the chance.

Browns take Richardson to replace Hillis.

Bucs take Claiborne

Rams take Blackmon

Chiefs trade up to #7 overall from #11 to select Matt Kalil before the Vikings get the chance. The Chiefs upgrade two positions on the O-line with one move by sliding Albert to OG. The Chiefs also give up their 3rd and 5th round picks to complete the trade.

2nd round- I HATE this pick because the guy is so relatively old compared to the rest of his class, but if the Chiefs are serious about bringing in competition for Cassel, there isn’t another QB in this draft who is better suited to step in right away than Brandon Weeden. This pick allows the Chiefs to remain patient with Stanzi and allow him to develop. Weeden was GREAT in the OSU system, but watching him throw and make his reads makes me think he wasn’t just a product of the system, but rather a good QB who was able to perform well in the system. 6’3, 219 lbs is ideal QB size with great arm strength. Low mobility, but with Kalil, Albert, and Winston on the line, he shouldn’t have to move too much.

no 3rd

4th- Nicolas Jean-Baptiste NT-Baptiste is projected to go in the 4th… not sure why. BUT, if he DOES fall that far, the Chiefs should pounce. Personally, I believe Baptiste will go in the late 2nd or 3rd. Too many teams run the 3-4 now and good NTs are in high demand. If Baptiste isn't there, I like OLB/DE Josh Kaddu to provide depth behind Hali and Houston.

no 5th

6th-WR Jeff Fuller- injuries will make him slide in the draft. Seeing what he’s capable of at TAMU leads me to believe that this kid could be the steal of the draft if he gets back on track. Definite first round talent. Provides insurance if they can’t get a deal done with Bowe.

7th-ILB Vontaze Burfict… I know… I KNOW… I don’t care. His ceiling is too high not to take the chance in the 7th. There’s no other athlete available this late who is capable of first round potential. Romeo is a GREAT defensive coordinator and his players LOVE playing for him. I think Romeo is one of the few coaches in the league who could extract Burfict’s maximum potential. This is a pure upside/value pick. Like I said, nobody else available is capable of his kind of upside. This pick would be better used on this kind of athlete than just another throw away CB, WR, or OL. Those players selected here only have ceilings of POSSIBLE backups… Burfict’s ceiling is perennial Pro Bowl Superstar. If he doesn’t work out, oh well… at least you took the shot. BUT, what if it DOES work out? There’s always a million reasons not to take chances…
    Last edited by texaschief; 04-10-2012 at 02:32 PM.

I don't see the Dolphins trading up that high to get their QB. They knew they were up sh!t creek when they lost Manning and Flynn went somewhere else too. If we traded up anywhere I'd see us more likely to go up to grab the #6 pick with St. Louis. They've been saying for a while they're willing to trade down. If they're willing to trade down someone else will want Khalil and jump up above us.

It's an interesting thought to say the least. It's amazing all the deals that are going on/talked about this year. It seems that there's more this year than in the past two or three combined. That or I'm just not remembering which is entirely possible! Do absolutely love the thought of having Khalil as a Chief though!

yeah... I guess the only way someone would trade up for Tannehill is if that team had the coach who recruited him in college... oh, wait.

Don't underestimate Sherman's pull in Miami if they're looking for a franchise QB. If Sherman believes Tannehill is a franchise QB and if they think Cleveland will draft him, I think you'll see QBs taken 1, 2, and 3.

Also, Jax wants a good pass rushing DE. There will be one sitting at #11. If Jax thinks they can get their guy AND pick up another 3rd and 5th, they'll make the trade.

Remind me again why moving Albert?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Remind me again why moving Albert?
    Don't get me wrong, I think he's a pretty good LT. BUT, he's not Kalil. Kalil belongs in a conversation with names like Jake Long, etc. Albert isn't comparable to Jake Long or Matt Kalil. You'd move Albert to upgrade at 2 positions... LT AND OG where Albert would plug a hole.

If the Chiefs go in a different direction, it's not like the starting QB would lose sleep with Albert at LT. However, if the chips fell the right way and the Chiefs had the opportunity to jump #7 and take a cornerstone LT like Kalil while ALSO improving the OG spot with Albert, I think they should do it.

There aren't too many times during your career where you could conceivably upgrade TWO positions with PRO BOWL caliber players with ONE first round pick. That's what the Chiefs would be looking at if they made this trade and pick. The Chiefs COULD go with DeCastro at OG, and that would upgrade the OG spot, but taking Kalil would put a better player at LT AND OG.

That's just the logic behind ANYONE suggesting moving Albert to OG. It has less to do with him being a poor LT than it does with being able to upgrade 2 positions with one signing/draft pick, etc.

As much as I like Kalil and think Albert's would be a probowler guard he's actually an above average LT not top 10 but close, so I think trading up and getting Kalil is a dumb move. I'd rather grab decastro and save my picks

I don't see Kalil falling anywhere near 7, and I don't know why the Chiefs would draft a LT with Winston and Albert bookending each other, unless they plan on trading Albert.

Would also rather pick Decastro and not lose two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I don't see Kalil falling anywhere near 7, and I don't know why the Chiefs would draft a LT with Winston and Albert bookending each other, unless they plan on trading Albert.
    I think one of the main reasons for doing it is signaling that we don't think we can sign Albert after this season. In my opinion Khalil is better than Albert. If possible would I like to keep Albert too? Sure, but not at the cost that I think he'd command.

If we could get Khalil and trade Albert I think I'd be in hog heaven. I'm not down on Albert I think he's done a good job. I just think Khalil is that much better and then that allows us to concentrate on keeping Bowe and Dorsey. I just can't see us having the fire power to keep all three despite who we draft in the first this year.

no brainer here, take decastro at 11, you stll get a pro bowl G and have a solid LT
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast