Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyson Jackson restructured contract

Default Tyson Jackson restructured contract

Source: http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2012...-contract.html

This is totally rational. Good for Chiefs, good for him. If he plays at a high level this year, next year is pretty much guaranteed. If he doesn't he can be cut without much dead money.
    Again, if he plays good this year, he will probably get an extension for five years 25 ~ 30 MM. I think that will work for everyone.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Since everyone else is doing it....

You guys are crackin me up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Seriously! The biggest complaint against TJ was not that he wasn't any good, but that he was taken too early and he is overpaid. Now he is getting paid what he is "worth" and MMO still has to make a smart A$$ remark about him. You just know he only does it to draw attention to himself.

How many times have several people proved him wrong, yet he still sticks to his off-base opinions?

He just likes to argue, even when he knows he's wrong!
    Yup, absolutely agreed! Everyone is entitled to their opinion even when they incredibly off base. We, however, have the choice whether or not to engage and entertain those ridiculous opinions.

"Don't engage and entertain those ridiculous opinions." (In my best Direct TV advertisement voice)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    paying him about 4 mil a year. That is about 3,900,000 too much
    I suppose I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Good for all parties involved good for everyone!

I am not crying about Jackson I am just saying a football player making 4 mil is absolutely ridiculous.
    Yeah, they are all overpaid compared to "real people," but it's one of the byproducts of a free market system. When you can charge $100+ per ticket and still sell 70,000 of them every home game; when TV networks pay hundreds of millions of dollars to broadcast the games, because they can charge advertisers even more; and when people will pay $80-$100 to buy your jersey, you are going to get paid.

The same can be said of musicians and actors (at least, the truly successful ones). They are worth what they get paid, because the consumer is willing to pay it.

However, only the best athletes/musicians/actors in the world make that kind of money. Most of the others need a second job just to put food on the table.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I am not crying about Jackson I am just saying a football player making 4 mil is absolutely ridiculous.

My Uncle used to be a broker for derek thomas and he said Derek always talked about how he could never understand why the fans paid that much to see them play. He said he didnt care about winning all he wanted to do was stay healthy and get paid
    I agree that they make to much money but it is the market they have made.

Would you at least give Tyson props for seeing that he maybe wasn't giving the team the value for what he was making and giving some back?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yeah I hear you but athletes that get paid huge money pretty much have it guaranteed no matter how much they play. They can show up and half *** every workout still make millions. Now would I turn down all of that money and not play? Of course not! But just look at jamarcus russell. Obviously had the talent to play but when you give him 53 million dollars some people just dont care at all. Why should they? I guess I now know why Cosmo Kramer watches canadian football

Growing up I always thought that athletes deserve the money, but now that I am older (Mid 20s) and have a real job my viewpoint has done a 180
    I hear ya. (Well, I don't actually hear you, but I get "where you're coming from.")

See, now, if you had explained why you thought he was so overpaid in the first place, (that it's not just him, but athletes in general,) we wouldn't have accused you of being such a troll ...

... as much!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12