Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Chiefs May Move into top 5 to Draft Kalil

Default Report: Chiefs May Move into top 5 to Draft Kalil

Sporting News is reporting that there is a lot of interest in USC's Matt Kahlil coming from Chiefs camp, and that there is talk that if the prospect falls past the Vikings, that the Chiefs are serious about moving up to #4 to draft him.

The report says the move makes sense, seeing as Albert only has 1 year left on his contract. The draft move would then cause a shift on the line, and have Albert move inside to LG.

We would then have a year to decide to re-sign Albert for the long term to man the LG position, or let him walk and still have Kahlil at a more reasonable salary.

What are the thoughts on this report?

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Not Sure?

I definitely see what Tex is saying. I just hate moving up in general. If this were to happen, I wouldn't be too upset, though.

I also find it interesting at the timing of this "leaked" info. It was around this time the last couple of years that our draft plans were leaked.

TexasChief makes some good points. If we don't move up to get Kalil and someone take DeCastro, then the Chiefs are really screwed. There will still be some great talent at 11 but probably nobody to help our O-line. I want the kind of line we had in the early 2000s. And we aren't that far away with the right moves. We will find out in a couple of days, I guess.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

i doubt we let albert go. we will resign him. they always preach about keeping our players that we draft. hey better start proving it unkike when they let carr go.

Pioli didn't draft Carr or Albert... or Bowe for that matter.

This report sounds like pure fantasy to me.

IMO, the ONLY way the Chiefs move up that high in the draft and lose valuable picks is to snag a quarterback they feel strongly about.

Albert is a solid LT. Some of you talk like he's the second coming of Richardson. He's good and improving. I have no doubt Pioli will resign him with a reasonable contract when the time comes.

The Chiefs have a good starting lineup, but very little quality depth. I just don't see the logic in giving away high draft picks for positions already filled.

I would welcome a bold move for QB competition though.

i have heard this too coming out of KC, but the plan was to move Albert to guard and put Kalil at LT. i would love that to happen but not at the price of moving up to #5.
    I would rather see us take Decastro and give up nothing
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Albert won't be moved to G: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/18685032

Albert will be resigned or get franchised. Pioli sees in Mims Albert's replacement, so they won't trade for Kalil.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

TopekaRoy had mentioned he looked at the math, and we actually would not have to give up next years 1st rounder if we didn't want to...

He had mentioned we the math would work out to where we could give up a 2nd and a 7th...because we are only moving up 6 spots unlike if we were in the mid 20's.

So let me ask you this...What if we were able to give away a 6th this year, and a 2nd NEXT year to jump up and grab him???

Or we give up our 3rd this year and a 6th next year??

Just thinking of possibilities....If we did get rid of a 2nd or a third, my thoughts would be that if there was another player Pioli really wanted he would figure out a way to trade back into the 2nd or 3rd round like he did with Moeaki.

Guess what folks? It's that time of year again. The time of year when you don't believe anything any team puts out there!

Rumor season!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Carr was a great #2 CB but now he's playing against top talent as their #1. I'm all but sure that Carr is going to get beat like a drum this year. He will get better but in his first year as a #1 he's probably going to have a similar year to Routt.

Albert may want to sign here but Albert is around top 10 talent which means that his agent is going to ask for top 3 or 5 money. Albert has been serviceable and I don't really have anything bad to say about him but I don't want to have to pay him monster money if we can draft someone just as good. Especially if we can get someone that would be even better than Albert.

Here's something else, maybe we trade away Albert to Minnesota and draft Khalil with our 1st. Then pick up a OG since everyone's been saying this years draft is so deep.

On a side note I love how almost every year the closer and closer we get to a draft you hear more and more people saying wow! the draft class this year is deep!. Anyway, if we did what I mentioned above yes we'd have an almost entirely new OLine but new doesn't necessarily mean bad. I mean it's not like the line won't have to learn a new offense anyway...end sarcasm.
    Here is the thing. I left Arrowhead after beating an undefeated Packers team feeling great. They did it by having our corners going man to man and basically shut down the Green Bay passing allowing the rest of the team to focus on the other weapons.

For a team as far under the cap as they are, and a Team who spouts out that you build a team through the draft and sign your own player to let one go for the most penalized CB in the league and for not a whole lot less money is B S...

Regardless of him getting beat like a drum in Dallas, He was one of ours!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast