Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you Consider Asante Samuel?

Default Would you Consider Asante Samuel?

There's been a number of reports that says the Eagles have been shopping Asante Samuel for awhile now.

Those reports have the Eagles asking for a 5th or 6th round pick. If a trade happens, there is already talk that the team receiving Samuel will want to re-structure his contract for the trade to happen.

So here is the question....

Pioli is awsome at negotiating contracts that fit what the Chiefs need and not strapping them, while making the player happy.

Would you consider giving up a 5th or 6th round pick for Asante Samuel (who will be 31) for 2-3 years of production, if he would agree to re-structure his deal?

I would....The loss of Carr Stinks, and although we added Routt, we still need help in our secondary to fill this void. Pioli has a history with Samuel, and can more than likely make him happy (although he didn't in New England when he left for Philly) With Manning in the division, we need all the good Dbacks we can get, and Pioli always says "you can never have enough talented DB's on your roster"

I would definitely give up our 5th for him, as long as we aren't paying him a large contract...

Id like to add him.

Trading a later round pick seems like a good deal however he is still going to be out of our price range even with a restructure. He was somewhere in the 9-10 mil area with quite a bit more due next year. I think 6-7 sounds like where he'd have to be to come here.

no. there's something wrong if the Eagles are willing to just take a late round pick for him. I'm not in the know, but this doesn't add up.

I would say yes, but before we do....Why are they trying to get rid of him?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    no. there's something wrong if the Eagles are willing to just take a late round pick for him. I'm not in the know, but this doesn't add up.
    They don't have room to start him. They have Asomugha and Rogers-Cromartie to fill the starting spots.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    They don't have room to start him. They have Asomugha and Rogers-Cromartie to fill the starting spots.
    Understandable. However, Samuel was billed as an elite CB and is paid as such. Samuel should still be viewed as a nice asset. Why just give him away when you could actually try and get value for him? A late first round pick isn't fair-market value for a top tier CB. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Understandable. However, Samuel was billed as an elite CB and is paid as such. Samuel should still be viewed as a nice asset. Why just give him away when you could actually try and get value for him? A late first round pick isn't fair-market value for a top tier CB. Just saying.

I think they are wanting to make sure he goes elsewhere, they just can't pay him what they owe him.

I would like to have him here. The Eagles have a crowded secondary and we have the room. I would give a fourth rounder for him.

Falcons got him for 3 years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast