Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First round pick

Default First round pick

I do not think we will trade up. I think Pioli is happy with the O-line with the addition of Winston, I think Pioli did a good job in the FA but his job is still on the line.

Heres who I see Pioli getting at 11:

Tannehill (I'm not sold on the guy I think he has a lot of potential he has great arm, he's fast and athletic, but he would probably need a few years to develop) but it gives Cassel serious competition.

or

Luke Kuechly this guy is a stud, he is versatile would add 100 tackles and he's great in coverage.

Who I want: Decastro

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I do not think we will trade up. I think Pioli is happy with the O-line with the addition of Winston, I think Pioli did a good job in the FA but his job is still on the line.

Heres who I see Pioli getting at 11:

Tannehill (I'm not sold on the guy I think he has a lot of potential he has great arm, he's fast and athletic, but he would probably need a few years to develop) but it gives Cassel serious competition.

or

Luke Kuechly this guy is a stud, he is versatile would add 100 tackles and he's great in coverage.

Who I want: Decastro
    ...THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...THIS!
    We are both fans on building the O-line but who do you think Pioli will draft?

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    We are both fans on building the O-line but who do you think Pioli will draft?
    Honestly bud I couldn't tell ya. I wouldn't begin to try to get inside the mind of Pioli except to say that I agree with you that it wouldn't surprise me to see him draft the highest rated QB left at 11.

I genuinely hope he adds depth to that O-line by drafting David DeCastro. Possibly another team need on the offensive side of the ball would be TE? What do you think?

I was looking into last year's posts, and mostly we didn't thought about Baldwin, why? Because Mr. Pioli is very mysterious about his first pick.

Probably I will be shocked (too much) about Chief's first pick.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

As much as I would love the DeCastro pick, I sincerely believe Pioli is going to go defensive line with the first pick. It makes sense given the contract situations of both Dorsey and Jackson in the near future. I would think somebody like Fletcher Cox, Michael Brockers, or maybe a tradedown for Devon Still. I just think he is content with Lilja at guard so he will wait until round 2 or 3 to pick up somebody like Zeitler, Osemele, Silatolu, or Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs29 View Post
    As much as I would love the DeCastro pick, I sincerely believe Pioli is going to go defensive line with the first pick. It makes sense given the contract situations of both Dorsey and Jackson in the near future. I would think somebody like Fletcher Cox, Michael Brockers, or maybe a tradedown for Devon Still. I just think he is content with Lilja at guard so he will wait until round 2 or 3 to pick up somebody like Zeitler, Osemele, Silatolu, or Brooks.
    Agreed, I think Brockers is our pick unless something magical and mysterious happens and some how Cox falls to us at 11.

The other thing I could see happening is us trading Dorsey in the draft to another team. He's on his last contract year and we'd probably franchise Albert if we can't get Albert signed this year. Not only that but I haven't heard one word about Dorsey wanting to stay, the Chiefs trying to resign him or that he'd be franchised. This all leads me to think we might be trading Dorsey in the draft.

In the end I'm on the DeCastro bandwagon too, unfortunately I see this one being a long shot at this point. I don't think it's Kuechly either.

David DeCastro would be the logical choice at 11

i wouldnt be upset if we traded up to ge qb tannehill. however u spell his name.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    David DeCastro would be the logical choice at 11
    Agreed, DeCastro is the logical choice ( he's also the fan favorite at kcchiefs.com, as well he should be ). Drafting DeCastro not only would address a major area of need, it would free the team up to load up on Defensive players with their remaining 7 choices, with maybe a RB and another O-Lineman thrown in there.

But, until proven otherwise on Draft day, I have my doubts that logic will prevail, outside of Crennel convincing Pioli that drafting DeCastro is the right thing to do ( and Crennel was the HC in Cleveland when they drafted both OT Joe Thomas and C Alex Mack in the 1st round, so there is a glimmer of hope ).

We'll see how it turns out.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-25-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast