Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burfict fails drug test | Stock Drops again

Default Burfict fails drug test | Stock Drops again

Burfict fails Drug Test, May Go Undrafted..

Can't remember the guy on here who was so High about Vontaze Burfict about a month and a half ago but it looks as if everything the rest of us didn't like about him may cause him to not get drafted at all! (There have been no teams reported to have invited him for a pre-draft visit)

With a horrible combine, a bad 2011 season statistically, and numerous character and work ethic concerns I think we may have witnessed the largest draft stock fall in the history of the Draft...

A guy who was talked about as a 1st round pick at the end of the 2010 season, is now looking at not even getting drafted!

I hope he doesn't... Guys like this need to be shown they are not above anything, and that they are human, every decision they make has an effect on reality and consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    ESPN magazine did a spread on him last week. From what i understand hes got severe social issues and doesnt handle himself well. Like he cant even look soneone talking to him in the eye. New England is probably doibg cartwheels cuz the dude can play, just needs to be in the right situation. I think crennel could really get a lot out of him. He needs to be taken care of.
    Completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Completely agree
    I dont think he will go undrafted, and I would still use a late round pick on him if he is available.

Justin Houston just last year was a pot smoking idiot, dude played pretty well at the end of the season. Look for Houston to continue to improve this year and a great deal of that is due to Romeo. I dont think Burfict is ready but he can play in the league given some time to mature.

I would absolutely still use a 7th round pick on him.

Worst case scenario, he is practice squad/special teams fodder for 2-3 years, which is what 90% of 7th round picks are anyways.

Best case scenario, Romeo becomes a father figure for him and he cleans his act up, then becomes the heir apparent for DJ in a couple years. Seems like the upside outweighs the risk of "wasting" one of our TWO 7th round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I would absolutely still use a 7th round pick on him.

Worst case scenario, he is practice squad/special teams fodder for 2-3 years, which is what 90% of 7th round picks are anyways.

Best case scenario, Romeo becomes a father figure for him and he cleans his act up, then becomes the heir apparent for DJ in a couple years. Seems like the upside outweighs the risk of "wasting" one of our TWO 7th round picks.
    I'm not sure I'd even want him for a 6th or 7th. The whole he's a 1st or 2nd rounder way back when was absurd. It's interesting how people rise and fall in draft talks as the draft gets closer each day.

I think Burfict has an inherit problem accepting any blame on himself and blame others. Kind of like him trying to throw coaches under the bus in his interviews. Or how he never did anything wrong and the refs were "targeting" him. I'm sure a few were but when you hit people like that it's not football you're out to injure. Because of this he'd be a cancer in the locker room after something didn't go his way and the coaches would lay into him. He'd blame someone else and that's how it'd start. No thanks, pass.

This is bad news for Burfict, but good news for teams interested in his on-the-field ability.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'm not sure I'd even want him for a 6th or 7th. The whole he's a 1st or 2nd rounder way back when was absurd. It's interesting how people rise and fall in draft talks as the draft gets closer each day.

I think Burfict has an inherit problem accepting any blame on himself and blame others. Kind of like him trying to throw coaches under the bus in his interviews. Or how he never did anything wrong and the refs were "targeting" him. I'm sure a few were but when you hit people like that it's not football you're out to injure. Because of this he'd be a cancer in the locker room after something didn't go his way and the coaches would lay into him. He'd blame someone else and that's how it'd start. No thanks, pass.
    He wont be a cancer. Hes not social doesnt talk much. Behind a mask he says he feels confident without hes a terrifoed kid with the right mentor hes gonna be something special.

How is he part of the right 53? Or was that a Hailey thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    How is he part of the right 53? Or was that a Hailey thing?
    I think that was Pioli speaking through Haley.

I'd be glad to see us pick him up on the cheap. Let Pioli and Romeo read him the riot act and I think he could fit in well and become a great player. Lots of risk, but if we got him for next to nothing then there is virtually no downside with lots of potential upside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12