Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mayock #11 pick mark barron 2 chiefs

Default mayock #11 pick mark barron 2 chiefs

mike mayocks official mock draft has us taking mark barron.who knows that would be the best safety group in the league

barron is talented nd a hard hitter but is oft injured...has already had 2 shoulder,2 hernia and knee surgeries. to high to risk it, rather kuechly or decastro both very durable so far
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    There are bigger needs
    You're kidding right? We have Lilja as our LG, we don't need an ILB people are just wanting one. We run a LOT of 3 safety sets. McGraw, Sabby and heck even Donald Washinton spent a ton of time out on the field last year. That was with Lewis out there...how is it again that safety isn't a need?

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    You're kidding right? We have Lilja as our LG, we don't need an ILB people are just wanting one. We run a LOT of 3 safety sets. McGraw, Sabby and heck even Donald Washinton spent a ton of time out on the field last year. That was with Lewis out there...how is it again that safety isn't a need?

safety is a need but not barron at 11

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    safety is a need but not barron at 11
    I remember the same thing being said about another guy at 5 a few years ago.

Because we has a very strong secondary in 2011 and that with all those other names getting more playing time filling in for Berry for the entire year.

Those players you named will all drop back one spot on the depth chart when Berry returns.

And Lilja is unable to move the LOS, which is job-1 in a run-heavy offense.

I feel the same way about DeCastro and Barron. You wouldn't hear me complain whatsoever if we picked one of them but there is too much depth later in this draft to justify picking them. Top to bottom, there are 8 safeties in this draft that would be good value picks and probably 5 high quality guards in rounds 2-4. With the importance of 3-4 DE's in our defensive scheme, contract questions regarding our current starters, and the infamous DE learning curve, I think we still see a DE Round 1. Premier 3-4 DE's are rare - there are only 4 I would really consider worthwhile in this draft (Fletcher Cox will probably be gone before 11).

Michael Brockers - Middle Round 1
    Devon Still - End Round 1
    Kendall Reyes - Beginning Round 2
    Derek Wolfe - Maybe Middle to Late Round 2

And I have doubts about whether or not Derek Wolfe would 2-gap. Basically 3 choices and all likely to be gone by our second pick.

Speaking of who we're going to select is the chat room going to be open for the draft? It was last year and it was fun going back and forth with everyone. Although I didn't like the early birds that announced who the pick was before it got to the podium. I guess this year they're not going to show the person when they're talking to the team that selected them. Keep the secrecy until the pick is announced...at the podium.

I am wondering the same thing..(chat room today?) My DVR is set I like to watch the highlights of picks. It really speeds up the watching process.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

I remember the same thing being said about another guy at 5 a few years ago.

i don't remember anyone ? Berrys' ability or durability...just that we had some greater needs which i am sure may be debatably still true. Berry has lived up to his hype however their are some that would still argue we should have used that pick to fill a more glaring need.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    barron is talented nd a hard hitter but is oft injured...has already had 2 shoulder,2 hernia and knee surgeries. to high to risk it, rather kuechly or decastro both very durable so far
    yeah he is so injury prone that mayock and kiper are calling him one of the safest picks in the draft. and the cowboys,chargers and patriots are all trying to trade up for him because they want to waist there pick. bottomline the gm's and pros know more than us and everyone is big on this kid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast