1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford -- The biggest non-surprise since, well, ever. Luck gets credit for his football smarts and pro-readiness, but his mobility is underrated, and could have him develop into a Steve Young-level player over time. [ Video: Why Andrew Luck may be in line to win two Super Bowls for the Colts ] 2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor -- When it does to the two top players in this year's draft, there's now ... and there's three years from now. RGIII is the toughest pro comparison I've had in a long time, because I believe he could become the type of quarterback we've never seen before. Start with: If the young Randall Cunningham had Aaron Rodgers' deep accuracy... [ Video: Is Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III the better fantasy prospect? ] 3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC -- There are more and more dings on Kalil's tape as we get closer to the draft, and I understand a lot of them, but the Vikings have got to solidify their blindside protection, especially now that Steve Hutchinson has left the building. Kalil is a good workout program away from being elite in all phases. 4.* Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama -- Ryan Tannehill may be tempting here, but remember that when Browns team president Mike Holmgren took the Seahawks to the Super Bowl in 2005, it was in an offense with a dominant left tackle, a mistake-proof quarterback, and a running back from Alabama (Shaun Alexander) who wrapped up NFL MVP honors. Richardson may be the missing piece for the Browns to hit the next (if not Super Bowl) level. [ Video: Trent Richardson is ready for NFL Sundays ] 5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU -- Greg Schiano's playbooks don't generally go beyond the year 1945, which would seem to make Richardson the natural fit, and I think they'd take him at five if he's there. But in a division where you're facing Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, and Cam Newton twice a season, the man who many see as the best cornerback in this draft makes a lot of sense, too. 6. St. Louis Rams: Fletcher Cox, DL, Mississippi State -- Yes, the Rams desperately need receivers, but this class is deep enough to reach down and grab pass-catchers later in the process. What Jeff Fisher is going to want is a defensive lineman he can move in with Chris Long and Robert Quinn to wreak havoc on enemy quarterbacks. Cox's primary attribute is his versatility - he can play all over the formation at a high level. 7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina -- There are those who believe that Gilmore *is better than Claiborne. I'm one of them, and according to some rumors, Jags GM Gene Smith may be in that group, as well. Blaine Gabbert needs more talent around him, but it would be hard to pass on a cover corner of Gilmore's ability if the Jags can't trade down. 8. Miami Dolphins: Melvin Ingram, OLB/DE, South Carolina -- Yes, the 'Fins need a quarterback, but they also need elite edge rushers who can move around the front. With the release of Philip Merling, that need is even more pronounced. Ingram is the most versatile player in this entire draft class, and he'll give the Dolphins' defense a switch kick in the playbook.

More...