Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Live Draft Discussion Thread

Default Official Live Draft Discussion Thread

I thought rather than starting a new thread every time a team trades up or down, or makes a surprising pick, we could have all the draft discussion in one thread.

The Browns traded up to 3 to get Trent Richardson. What did the Vikings get in return?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

One guy I have my eye on for the 4th round would be Markelle Martin (FS) if he is still there. Some people had him as high as the beginning of the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    There are some people who think that with a year of tutoring, Jeff Allen could be a starting LT. I wonder if they are ready to not resign Albert after this year. Put Allen at LT and Stephenson at LG? I doubt that is there plan, since Stephenson's knock is that he is too light. He would get bull rushed by bigger DLs.

I just think Stephenson is going to be the backup swing tackle. Allen/Lilja will be the backup OG, and I think Lilja has experience at C, so he could be the backup C.
    Well, Jeff Allen was announced as a Guard by former Chiefs Guard Will Shields, so it's likely Stephenson is going to be groomed at Tackle. Stephenson is listed 312 lbs, but the knock is that he needs to get stronger ( and I'll bet the Chiefs will see to it that he does ).

And the Chiefs already have a guy that repeatedly gets bull-rushed by bigger DL's -- Ryan Lilja. Both Allen and Stephenson are bigger and stronger than Lilja.

Nice work by the Chiefs in this draft making a nice run on some BEEF !!!

I think Crennel is the one behind all the picks for the 3 big 300 pound guys. I think he is just looking for some KC BBQ eating buddies! LOL!

I think you'll see skill positions from this point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think you'll see skill positions from this point forward.
    Best player available, unless it is at a position we are stacked at. I don't think we take another running back.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Guess what !! The Chiefs took another O-Lineman -- Donald Stephenson, T, Oklahoma.

I love it. Nearly 1/2 a ton of BEEF with the top 3 picks. LOL !!

Many of us wanted them to address the O-Line and they answered the call in rounds 2 and 3. :-)
    Yup I'd hate to stand behind these guys at the buffet line

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Best player available, unless it is at a position we are stacked at. I don't think we take another running back.
    I could see us taking one in the 7th round. Someone in case Charles gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I could see us taking one in the 7th round. Someone in case Charles gets hurt.
    Isn't that why we got Peyton Hillis? we still have McCluster, too.

I honestly don't care who we get I'm pretty happy right now hell grab Case Keenum
    Last edited by figcrostic; 04-27-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Well, Jeff Allen was announced as a Guard by former Chiefs Guard Will Shields, so it's likely Stephenson is going to be groomed at Tackle. Stephenson is listed 312 lbs, but the knock is that he needs to get stronger ( and I'll bet the Chiefs will see to it that he does ).

And the Chiefs already have a guy that repeatedly gets bull-rushed by bigger DL's -- Ryan Lilja. Both Allen and Stephenson are bigger and stronger than Lilja.

Nice work by the Chiefs in this draft making a nice run on some BEEF !!!
    Allen is projected at guard, coulod beatr out lilja for this year. Stephenson needs only to bulk up and get stronger against bull rushers to be a solid left tackle. he has the frame for it...he has bigger hands,longer arms and sub 5.0 40 speed. great footwork and very athletic. my guess is he becomes backup tackle and insurance if we lose albert.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian