Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Official Live Draft Discussion Thread

Default Official Live Draft Discussion Thread

I thought rather than starting a new thread every time a team trades up or down, or makes a surprising pick, we could have all the draft discussion in one thread.

The Browns traded up to 3 to get Trent Richardson. What did the Vikings get in return?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Cyrus Gray!!! Hell Yeah!!! Steal Of The Draft My Friends... Steal Of The Draft!!
    I like it a lot too. If Charles doesnt live up to his preinjury abilities, then we have the heir apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Cyrus Gray, RB in the 6th round.
    I like it. He has 4.47 speed and can catch the ball out the backfield. Here's some BIO:

Gray started 29 games, played in 49, collected 3,298 yards and 30 touchdowns rushing; 776 yards (103 catches) and six scores receiving; and 2,349 yards and two more touchdowns on kickoff returns. That totaled 6,423 all purpose yards at that rate of 131.08 per game.

He was projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder. There's been a lot of debate regarding the selection of Poe at #11, but since then, they have just ripped it a new one with getting not only need players, but good football players & things are looking good, not only now, but long-term.

Beautiful job by the Chiefs brass. I was apprehensive coming into the draft & after the selection of Poe at #11, but they've completely annihilated that apprehension in a resounding way since round 1.

Since Pioli has been here, there have been at least 2 picks per draft that have made me yell at the t.v. This year, while there's only been a couple that I'm ecstatic about, there haven't been any that have made me angry... so, they're definitely improving.

I think this draft/offseason would be a complete success if we get some more depth at ILB. Even if Poe is a complete bust (which I doubt), I think we did a great job of filling holes (including depth) and getting some talented players all over the team. If everyone stays healthy, we have a very young, talented team that will be in place for awhile.

What's also impressive is that they've been able to keep their cap flexibility. While I'm sure a couple spots will become apparent, it's exciting to see every hole sufficiently filled at this point.

It's a nice thing when you look at the team and see your only question marks being at FS, ILB, and QB... each of which are positions currently filled by players who can at the very least perform at league average... NICE!

There are some decent names at LB still out there:

Cam Johnson (OLB)
    Audie Cole (ILB)
    Emmanuel Acho (OLB)
    Vontaze Burfict (ILB)

I think most of them were rated as 3-5th rounders at some point. They could at the least be quality special teamers/backups (which is what you should be looking for at this point) with the potential to develop into a steal.

LOL, just looked at the Donkeys draft list & the players they took.

Anybody who disses the Chiefs draft, just simply needs to look at Denver's draft if you are in need of a good laugh.

It's not even close -- the Chiefs clearly had the best draft of any team in the division ( although SD didn't do too badly).

A few players that I feel we should seriously look at in the 7th rd, that are still available:

Billy Winn, DE/DT, Boise State
    Audie Cole, ILB, North Carolina State
    Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M

Dang, Winn just got selected!

I'd pick Case Keenum up in the 7th I like the and think he could do well in our offense.

Acho and Audie Cole are both gone now.