Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Default Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Not who I personally wanted, but welcome to the Chiefs! I hope he plays up to his athleticism!

The sky is the limit with Poe...Unfortunately, the floor is the limit too.

I trust that the Chiefs did their homework and knew they were taking a great player. And this guy will stand in the center of the defense plugging holes for years to come. Welcome to the team, Dontari Poe.

I think Crennel knows what he's looking for in a NT... I think he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbobrow View Post
    I think the bottom line is that it was a bad pick. I think Pioli panicked a bit, as he was not expecting the draft to fall in front of him like it did. He really thought Barron or Kuechly or Floyd would be there, and when none of them were he just jumped to Poe. You could tell they weren't ready to make their pick as they were late getting it in, and Berman even said something about it...

Huge mistake. I watched that film on Poe and he looks slow and like a bad tackler. This is a really bad pick. I don't care how many bench press reps you can do or how fast you are--the dude wasn't even dominant in the conference USA!

However, we can hope we have a good rest of the draft and sort of redeem this pick a bit... At least we've had a good offseason in free agency! :)
    Welcome to ChiefsCrowd, by the way!

Poe is big, strong and fast. He's everything you want in a nose tackle. Tackling and technique can be taught and he will get excellent coaching in Kansas City. The key will be his attitude and his determination to succeed in the NFL.

I haven't heard anything negative about his character. I'm sure Piloi and Crennel wouldn't have taken him if they didn't believe they could make a great football player out of him. Are they right? Let's hope so.

I still don't know why they didn't take DeCastro, but several others passed on him as well. Is there a problem we are unaware of? I have to believe that Pioli has a plan for beefing up the depth on our O-line as well, or he wouldn't have taken Poe. We will see what happens in the next few days of the draft.

I think Scott knows what he is doing.

... at least I hope he does!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I think maybe some people on this site are just jealous of Dontari because of the Ace Ventura hairdo he was sporting last night! :)

Great article on kcchiefs.com

Chiefs passed on two opportunities to trade down

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The sky is the limit with Poe...Unfortunately, the floor is the limit too.

I trust that the Chiefs did their homework and knew they were taking a great player. And this guy will stand in the center of the defense plugging holes for years to come. Welcome to the team, Dontari Poe.
    +1. I should have seen this coming, given our coach defensive minded, but with any luck, if he lives up to potential and turns into KC's version of N. Suh...Our defense went from being very good to scary good. Hali, Huston and DJ will be tearing up some QB's. Not to mention all the possible interceptions if we consistently rattle QB's.

not happy w/the pik, while Poe may be stellar, he also has as much chance to be the next ryan simms. that is just way too scarey. we passed on raji and taylor so they are expecting poe to be as good, i sure hope they're right. i saw film w/poe being taken out of the play by TE's abd RB's. i hope he gives me a reason to become his biggest fan.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbobrow View Post
    I think the bottom line is that it was a bad pick. I think Pioli panicked a bit, as he was not expecting the draft to fall in front of him like it did. He really thought Barron or Kuechly or Floyd would be there, and when none of them were he just jumped to Poe. You could tell they weren't ready to make their pick as they were late getting it in, and Berman even said something about it...

Huge mistake. I watched that film on Poe and he looks slow and like a bad tackler. This is a really bad pick. I don't care how many bench press reps you can do or how fast you are--the dude wasn't even dominant in the conference USA!

However, we can hope we have a good rest of the draft and sort of redeem this pick a bit... At least we've had a good offseason in free agency! :)
    I think it might be a mistake to label the pick as a huge mistake because he looked slow in a 2 minute ESPN highlight film. He obviously is not slow for a 350lb man.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefsfan18 View Post
    I think it might be a mistake to label the pick as a huge mistake because he looked slow in a 2 minute ESPN highlight film. He obviously is not slow for a 350lb man.
    Definately not slow with a sub 5sec 40 yard dash

Guys...We all understand the NFL draft don't we? Nothing is ever certain. He could be a dominate NT for years to come, or a complete bust. I know we don't have a great track record with DL picks as of late. I'm going to pull for this kid bigtime! With RC as HC, I think he'll teach him what he needs to be as a great starting NT. Could Poe ask for a better scenario? I think this Fox Sports video is pretty accurate.

NFL Video - NFL - FOX Sports on MSN
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast