Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Default Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Not who I personally wanted, but welcome to the Chiefs! I hope he plays up to his athleticism!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    No they arent. When ran to jacksons side the YPG is 8th in the league.
    Where is that stat?
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    No they arent. When ran to jacksons side the YPG is 8th in the league.
    Even if this stat were true, wouldn't that be just more reason to get more help along the D-line?

Anyone who doesn't think this pick will vastly improve the Chiefs is kidding themselves. NT was our biggest hole and they just plugged it wish a 350+ pounder who runs a sub 5 40... ya.... horrible pick.

I wasn't thrilled with the pick, but if anyone thinks they can tell if this was a bad pick one day after it was made BEFORE seeing him on the field in regular action, you're out of your mind.

We now have our NT for the next 5+ years. I really hope he pans out and starts plugging holes right from the get go. I really like the way the defensive front looks with Jackson, Dorsey, and Poe combined with situational guys like Allen Bailey.

I'm OK with this pick. Poe does address a need & he was far and away the most physically gifted NT prospect in this draft.

But, I'll be honest, the selection of Poe will look a whole lot better if they take Osemele or Silatolu in the 2nd round ( don't think that Glenn will be there )

And I must differ with those that say NT was the biggest team need. A more accurate statement would be "NT was the biggest need on DEFENSE". Interior O-Line is just as big a need and the fact that 2 QBs got hurt last year & the meager Offensive output is all the proof that I need of that.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-27-2012 at 02:32 PM.

I was really hoping for DeCastro, but NT is a bigger need. They are definitely taking a chance with this pick, but I have a lot of faith in Crennel and if anybody can motivate and develop him it is Crennel.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Im glad Pioli does not subscribe to this thinking. D linemen will be a bust because Sims was (Jackson and Dorsey are at the top of the league stopping the run but I guess you could call that a bust) Cant draft a QB cause it will be another Blackledge. At least we didnt fill out biggest team need with the #1 rated NT in the draft ....sarcasm.
    I don't always agree with Canada but when I do I have to say CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm OK with this pick. Poe does address a need & he was far and away the most physically gifted NT prospect in this draft.

But, I'll be honest, the selection of Poe will look a whole lot better if they take Osemele or Silatolu in the 2nd round ( don't think that Glenn will be there )

And I must differ with those that say NT was the biggest team need. A more accurate statement would be "NT was the biggest need on DEFENSE". Interior O-Line is just as big a need and the fact that 2 QBs got hurt last year & the meager Offensive output is all the proof that I need of that.
    Completely agree, glad to see your coming back around! I thought you gave up on this forum for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Im glad Pioli does not subscribe to this thinking. D linemen will be a bust because Sims was (Jackson and Dorsey are at the top of the league stopping the run but I guess you could call that a bust) Cant draft a QB cause it will be another Blackledge. At least we didnt fill out biggest team need with the #1 rated NT in the draft ....sarcasm.
    Top of the league stopping the run when we are the 26th ranked defense against the Run.... I do call Tyson Jackson a huge bust as most people in the Media in KC do as well. Now there are those people who look for the stats that include only variables to make him look better from being a 3rd over all bust and forget hit actual play day in and day out after a dissapointing loss. The whole fact that he restructured his contract the way he did, was an obvious sign that if the Chiefs could cut him now and draft his replacement He wouldn't be able to sign a contract any better than he did if they let him hit the open market. Other wise, He could have said, NO I am playing under my current contract, or cut me and I will find a better deal.

You could say the Problem was Kelly Gregg but my opinion from watching the Line was that he was the best player. You could then say it was j. Belcher and I would tend to agree with you. Which is why I would prefer to have drafted another ILB, but with Kuechly already gone. Hightower is a bit of stretch given he is a two down ILB.

TheChiefs drafted based on Need and reached on a player based on his work outs, just as they did with all the other DT no longer here. He was not the best player available. I would rather the Chiefs draft Cox, or DeCastro as both would fill a need on the team and upgrade their positions while adding necessary depth. While they are not guaranteed sure things. There is less risk, specially considering that we could probably still get a good NT with our second round pick.

But they only positive argument I hear so far about this pick is the fact that Crennel is coaching him. Given that logic, Powe should be ready to start this year.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Completely agree, glad to see your coming back around! I thought you gave up on this forum for awhile
    Thanks, man. Crossing fingers for a quality interior O-Lineman today.

Here something to think about -- back in 1996 the Miami Dolphins drafted a DE out of Baylor named Daryl Gardener, who had freakish athletic ability, but didn't produce big numbers or was as productive in college as Pro scouts and GM's would have liked. The Dolphins took him at #20 and put him at DT and he turned out to be a much better player in the NFL than he ever was in college at Baylor -- so yes, it can happen, that a guy can be a better player in the NFL than he was in college. Hopefully this will be the case with Poe.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-27-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Thanks, man. Crossing fingers for a quality interior O-Lineman today.

Here something to think about -- back in 1996 the Miami Dolphins drafted a DE out of Baylor named Daryl Gardener, who had freakish athletic ability, but didn't produce big numbers or was as productive in college as Pro scouts and GM's would have liked. The Dolphins took him at #20 and put him at DT and he turned out to be a much better player in the NFL than he ever was in college at Baylor -- so yes, it can happen, that a guy can be a better player in the NFL than he was in college. Hopefully this will be the case with Poe.
    I have liked Poe well before the combine, I knew he was very strong, and at the time he was supposed to be a 2nd rounder. I think it was big risk but we need a NT and I can support the pick. It appears theres are still some good guards in the draft, a lot of people hate on poe but it seemed almost every pick after our was a DT or DE Poe would have been taken soon after if we wouldn't have grabbed him. His potential is off the charts and who better then Crennel a former DL himself to turn him into a great player.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast