Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Default Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Not who I personally wanted, but welcome to the Chiefs! I hope he plays up to his athleticism!

Multiple ESPN experts agree. RAC is a coach not a talent evaluator like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by HaliForPresident View Post
    Multiple ESPN experts agree. RAC is a coach not a talent evaluator like they are.
    They are professional critics. NFL scouts, GMs and coaches are professional talent evaluators.

If you want to go with the TV personalities, that's up to you.

I am going to with the professionals.

Kiper and McShay scout and evaluate talent for a living and that's literally all they do all year. Also, Pioli seems to know something everyone Poe played again in college doen't. Poe was voted to the second-team all-Conference USA.

Kiper and McShay scout and evaluate talent for a living and that's literally all they do all year. Also, Pioli seems to know something everyone Poe played again in college doen't. Poe was voted to the second-team all-Conference USA.
    Ok. You got me.

It is obvious that there have never been a stupider, less qualified group than The Chiefs.

Kiper is a tool, and I have never heard of McShay.

But I guarantee that the Chiefs' scouting crew does more player evaluation than either of them.

But, since they are only paid directly for that, and not to make "bold predictions" on TV, clearly they should be fired so the team can just do whatever Mel Kiper says.

And he wasn't a stat magnet in college? Darn it! We all know that a NT has to be stat magnet. What were we thinking?!?!?!?

Look, all sarcasm aside, I just think that too many people turned against Poe after he lit up the combine. He was the top-ranked NT before that, and he even remained the top-ranked NT after everybody got scared off by his success at the combine.

Maybe he will be the worst draft choice of the year. Maybe he will strip down and show his worm to the world on his first play, and get booted from the league.

But if you are asking me to trust Mel Kiper over the entire Chiefs staff, and most of The NFL world, sorry, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Kiper and his ilk try to evaluate every single player available, and scouts are sent to evaluate certain players, and get a more concentrated effort into each, than what guys trying to evaluate some three hundred plus players can get.
    Last edited by chief31; 04-28-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Kiper has a heck of a lot better track record rating DL than Pioli does right now with the Chiefs so hard to bash him. Kiper doesn't care about stats he cares about the same reason Poe was second team C-USA, he plays soft and doesn't have the nonstop motor you need at NT. By next week I'll be over it I guess and just hope the best with Poe. Right now it's lose/lose for me. Either I'm proven wrong, or my favorite team ends up with a complete bust lol. But hey I'm happy with our 2nd round pick being Glenn was gone. And btw we were offered "compelling" deals to trade down according to associated press and Pioli turned them down. Wonder if we'll ever hear what was really offered.

Kiper has a heck of a lot better track record rating DL than Pioli does right now with the Chiefs so hard to bash him. Kiper doesn't care about stats he cares about the same reason Poe was second team C-USA, he plays soft and doesn't have the nonstop motor you need at NT. By next week I'll be over it I guess and just hope the best with Poe. Right now it's lose/lose for me. Either I'm proven wrong, or my favorite team ends up with a complete bust lol. But hey I'm happy with our 2nd round pick being Glenn was gone. And btw we were offered "compelling" deals to trade down according to associated press and Pioli turned them down. Wonder if we'll ever hear what was really offered.

Yeah. Forgive my sarcastic attitude. I just think that guys like Kiper get far too much credit. If they were really as good at talent evaluation as they like to think they are, then NFL teams would just fire their staff and do whatever he says on TV.

Not that I think they are just terrible. Just that I know how little work they are capable of putting into players, when they are spread so far between so many players throughout college. And that is why I have to trust other evaluators, because there are just far too many teams, and players, for me to ever even think about trying to keep track of everybody.

And I think Tyson Jackson has turned into a superb 3-4 DE, so I give the edge to Pioli anyway.

[QUOTE=HaliForPresident;259852]Kiper and McShay scout and evaluate talent for a living and that's literally all they do all year. Also, Pioli seems to know something everyone Poe played again in college doen't. Poe was voted to the second-team all-Conference USA

This argument is old. He played every technique on the line. He received very little coaching, the hc at memphis admitted it in an interview. Had he gone to a.football.school it would have been different story.

I'm warming to the pick. I believe that RAC knows a bit more about talent than Chocula or McShay. He dang sure knows more about coaching, molding players than either of those desk jockeys. Maybe wishful thinking, but I'm a Chiefs fan. Wishful thinking is a prerequisite of any fan. I'm pretty happy with the back to back oline picks too!!

I'm not a fan of Jackson. I understand DE are run stoppers, but they have to have some sort of ability to pressure the QB. You can't just rely on one OLB to pressure the QB every play, you expect the DEs to get pressure and sacks on occasion but he never really does. And being we have fairly good LBs (2 pro bowlers) yet we were poor against the run that doesn't bode well for his run stopping ability... hopefully Poe can help that in the years to come

A lot of that is due to the fact that we have not had a good NT in this defense...ever...
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast