Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Hybrid View

Default Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Not who I personally wanted, but welcome to the Chiefs! I hope he plays up to his athleticism!

What athleticism? This guy is borderline average. I hope Pioli and Crennel know something every other person in the NFL doesn't know. This is one of those pig-in-poke picks. I hope he can make some bacon, but I'll bet he ends up going wee wee wee all the way home by November next year.

The only way to describe how I feel is...sad

We just drafted a combine warrior.

I was hoping for Barron and even talked myself into DeCastro if he wasn't there.

Poe was the one person who I didn't want. I went as far as to have faith in our GM that I told people I wouldn't be watching football in 2012 if we drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post

I was hoping for Barron and even talked myself into DeCastro if he wasn't there.

Poe was the one person who I didn't want. I went as far as to have faith in our GM that I told people I wouldn't be watching football in 2012 if we drafted him.
    Gimme a break.

I hope this pick works, there is a lot of upside with Poe.... welcome to the Chiefs Dontari! Make it work!

Wow! You have a lot of insight we should fire Pioli and hire you

I already said I wasn't happy with this pick earlier in the thread.

I don't really understand how athleticism is really important in a 3-4 NT. To all of you Chiefs fans that drink whatever "kool aid" that the front office hands out, remember that it's ok to form your own opinion.

Here's the main point: We need Poe to essentially serve as a clog, thats all. So in two years when all the Opie the Optimist start complaining about his sacks remember he's there to help the other guys.

It's the same debate that was on the boards about Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey being bust. The D-Line is there so the Linebackers can make plays. Justin Houston should be able to show his real potential.

I hope he works out, I just can't understand using the 11th pick on a DT with so many question marks.

I already said I wasn't happy with this pick earlier in the thread.

I don't really understand how athleticism is really important in a 3-4 NT. To all of you Chiefs fans that drink whatever "kool aid" that the front office hands out, remember that it's ok to form your own opinion.

Here's the main point: We need Poe to essentially serve as a clog, thats all. So in two years when all the Opie the Optimist start complaining about his sacks remember he's there to help the other guys.

It's the same debate that was on the boards about Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey being bust. The D-Line is there so the Linebackers can make plays. Justin Houston should be able to show his real potential.

I hope he works out, I just can't understand using the 11th pick on a DT with so many question marks.
    My thing is why do people say they would quit the Chiefs over something such as this... dumb statement to throw out there no matter how upset it makes one. i understand the feeling though... I just hope he works out.

Whats dumb is not being able to comprehend sentences. I said i would quit watching football, not quit the chiefs!

Are you kidding me!?!?

Im a chiefs fan whosr lived in pa my entire life. I cant quit now.

We need Poe to essentially serve as a clog, thats all.
    Thats what good NT's do - occupy blockers which opens up lanes for the rest of the defense to pursue. Ragi had questions marks when he was drafted also, and is now considered one of the top 5 NT's in the league. Having said that, we will need Poe to be more than just a clog. We will need him to harass the passer and mow down runningbacks, and be constantly double teamed. I would venture to say that Hampton and Wilfork are more than just clogs. They anchor their respective defenses. We have needed a franchise NT since we installed the 3-4, and I think we finally got him. I don't think Memphis was well suited for Poe. Romeo will bring out the beast in this kid. Oughtta be fun.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Thats what good NT's do - occupy blockers which opens up lanes for the rest of the defense to pursue. Ragi had questions marks when he was drafted also, and is now considered one of the top 5 NT's in the league. Having said that, we will need Poe to be more than just a clog. We will need him to harass the passer and mow down runningbacks, and be constantly double teamed. I would venture to say that Hampton and Wilfork are more than just clogs. They anchor their respective defenses. We have needed a franchise NT since we installed the 3-4, and I think we finally got him. I don't think Memphis was well suited for Poe. Romeo will bring out the beast in this kid. Oughtta be fun.
    I agree. My only frustration is that for DL it usually takes at least 2 years for them to get up to NFL speed. That having been said, we had to get one someday.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast