Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91

Thread: Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,166
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 140

    Default Welcome to KC Dontari Poe


    0 Not allowed!
    Not who I personally wanted, but welcome to the Chiefs! I hope he plays up to his athleticism!

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The sky is the limit with Poe...Unfortunately, the floor is the limit too.

    I trust that the Chiefs did their homework and knew they were taking a great player. And this guy will stand in the center of the defense plugging holes for years to come. Welcome to the team, Dontari Poe.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think Crennel knows what he's looking for in a NT... I think he'll be fine.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbobrow View Post
    I think the bottom line is that it was a bad pick. I think Pioli panicked a bit, as he was not expecting the draft to fall in front of him like it did. He really thought Barron or Kuechly or Floyd would be there, and when none of them were he just jumped to Poe. You could tell they weren't ready to make their pick as they were late getting it in, and Berman even said something about it...

    Huge mistake. I watched that film on Poe and he looks slow and like a bad tackler. This is a really bad pick. I don't care how many bench press reps you can do or how fast you are--the dude wasn't even dominant in the conference USA!

    However, we can hope we have a good rest of the draft and sort of redeem this pick a bit... At least we've had a good offseason in free agency! :)
    Welcome to ChiefsCrowd, by the way!

    Poe is big, strong and fast. He's everything you want in a nose tackle. Tackling and technique can be taught and he will get excellent coaching in Kansas City. The key will be his attitude and his determination to succeed in the NFL.

    I haven't heard anything negative about his character. I'm sure Piloi and Crennel wouldn't have taken him if they didn't believe they could make a great football player out of him. Are they right? Let's hope so.

    I still don't know why they didn't take DeCastro, but several others passed on him as well. Is there a problem we are unaware of? I have to believe that Pioli has a plan for beefing up the depth on our O-line as well, or he wouldn't have taken Poe. We will see what happens in the next few days of the draft.

    I think Scott knows what he is doing.


    ... at least I hope he does!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,194
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think maybe some people on this site are just jealous of Dontari because of the Ace Ventura hairdo he was sporting last night! :)


  6. #35
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,194
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Great article on kcchiefs.com

    Chiefs passed on two opportunities to trade down


  7. #36
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,370
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 790

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The sky is the limit with Poe...Unfortunately, the floor is the limit too.

    I trust that the Chiefs did their homework and knew they were taking a great player. And this guy will stand in the center of the defense plugging holes for years to come. Welcome to the team, Dontari Poe.
    +1. I should have seen this coming, given our coach defensive minded, but with any luck, if he lives up to potential and turns into KC's version of N. Suh...Our defense went from being very good to scary good. Hali, Huston and DJ will be tearing up some QB's. Not to mention all the possible interceptions if we consistently rattle QB's.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    not happy w/the pik, while Poe may be stellar, he also has as much chance to be the next ryan simms. that is just way too scarey. we passed on raji and taylor so they are expecting poe to be as good, i sure hope they're right. i saw film w/poe being taken out of the play by TE's abd RB's. i hope he gives me a reason to become his biggest fan.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbobrow View Post
    I think the bottom line is that it was a bad pick. I think Pioli panicked a bit, as he was not expecting the draft to fall in front of him like it did. He really thought Barron or Kuechly or Floyd would be there, and when none of them were he just jumped to Poe. You could tell they weren't ready to make their pick as they were late getting it in, and Berman even said something about it...

    Huge mistake. I watched that film on Poe and he looks slow and like a bad tackler. This is a really bad pick. I don't care how many bench press reps you can do or how fast you are--the dude wasn't even dominant in the conference USA!

    However, we can hope we have a good rest of the draft and sort of redeem this pick a bit... At least we've had a good offseason in free agency! :)
    I think it might be a mistake to label the pick as a huge mistake because he looked slow in a 2 minute ESPN highlight film. He obviously is not slow for a 350lb man.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefsfan18 View Post
    I think it might be a mistake to label the pick as a huge mistake because he looked slow in a 2 minute ESPN highlight film. He obviously is not slow for a 350lb man.
    Definately not slow with a sub 5sec 40 yard dash

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    102
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Guys...We all understand the NFL draft don't we? Nothing is ever certain. He could be a dominate NT for years to come, or a complete bust. I know we don't have a great track record with DL picks as of late. I'm going to pull for this kid bigtime! With RC as HC, I think he'll teach him what he needs to be as a great starting NT. Could Poe ask for a better scenario? I think this Fox Sports video is pretty accurate.

    NFL Video - NFL - FOX Sports on MSN
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Gloucester, MA. "Home of the Perfect Storm"

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dontari Poe
    By Bortnem in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 02:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •