Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good beat writers for the Chiefs?

Hybrid View

Default Good beat writers for the Chiefs?

Hey guys, I've been working on a site that displays Chiefs related tweets and organizes them based on type (i.e. players, writers, bloggers). I have plenty of players, but I'm struggling with finding enough good quality writers. I could use more bloggers as well, but writers are my first priority.

Do you guys happen to know any good writers I should add? I'm looking for guys that are good at breaking news or getting creditable rumors out. Not looking so much for the guys who like to talk about non-football or their personal life.

The writers who seem to mainly cover the Chiefs are:

@espn_afcwest
    @bobgretzcom
    @mitchholthus
    @adamteicher

As you can see, I'm severely lacking.

The site can be found here if you want to check it out or see how the writers I have work currently: http://www.nfltweeter.com/chiefs I'd appreciate any feedback on the site as well.

Any other writers besides the ones I'm using that you guys feel are worth adding?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsflow View Post
    Hey guys, I've been working on a site that displays Chiefs related tweets and organizes them based on type (i.e. players, writers, bloggers). I have plenty of players, but I'm struggling with finding enough good quality writers. I could use more bloggers as well, but writers are my first priority.

Do you guys happen to know any good writers I should add? I'm looking for guys that are good at breaking news or getting creditable rumors out. Not looking so much for the guys who like to talk about non-football or their personal life.

@espn_afcwest
    @bobgretzcom
    @mitchholthus
    @adamteicher

The site can be found here if you want to check it out or see how the writers I have work currently: http://www.nfltweeter.com/chiefs I'd appreciate any feedback on the site as well.

Any other writers besides the ones I'm using that you guys feel are worth adding?

Thanks again!
    You need to add @kentbabb, @JoshLooney (though he's not really a beat writer), and @mellinger does some Chiefs commentary, though I think he's doing mostly Royals stuff now so I unfollow him during the season.

@espn_afcwest
    @bobgretzcom
    @mitchholthus
    @adamteicher

Thanks again!
    If you're adding content based on Chiefs information I think you could add Schefter and then scrub all the data first by looking for the keyword "Chiefs". Just a thought.

Look who I follow. Only Chief related
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Check out @chiefscrowd and see who I am following as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You need to add @kentbabb, @JoshLooney (though he's not really a beat writer), and @mellinger does some Chiefs commentary, though I think he's doing mostly Royals stuff now so I unfollow him during the season.
    Added Babb. Other two were off topic. Will check back with them when season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    If you're adding content based on Chiefs information I think you could add Schefter and then scrub all the data first by looking for the keyword "Chiefs". Just a thought.
    Wish I could do it.. but unfortunately doesn't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Check out @chiefscrowd and see who I am following as well.
    Thanks. I'm having trouble getting your followers to load right now. Twitter gets weird like that. I'll keep checking back. If there are any writers that stand out to you or the Chiefs community as a whole, let me know. Looking for on topic/relevant content though.

I'll run through your list when it starts to load for me.

Wish I could do it.. but unfortunately doesn't work like that.
    As a programmer I can tell you that it can or at least has the possibility too. You just have to get the data from their twitter feed which should have something like when you reply here in a quote or some type of tags that denote each tweet. Then just search for Chiefs and when you find it back up to the tags and include it. You could use some JavaScript and include it in the building of your page or something like that. There are a million ways to do it I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    As a programmer I can tell you that it can or at least has the possibility too. You just have to get the data from their twitter feed which should have something like when you reply here in a quote or some type of tags that denote each tweet. Then just search for Chiefs and when you find it back up to the tags and include it. You could use some JavaScript and include it in the building of your page or something like that. There are a million ways to do it I'm sure.
    That would be awesome. How familiar are you with the process. Something you would want to be paid to take on?

For now I have the big guys on the home page... still trying to figure out what to do with the homepage. But the bigger writers are on the small feeder on the home page labeled "trending". The idea is you can view that and see if there is a big topic happening somewhere else in the league besides your team... therefore go check it out.

That would be awesome. How familiar are you with the process. Something you would want to be paid to take on?

For now I have the big guys on the home page... still trying to figure out what to do with the homepage. But the bigger writers are on the small feeder on the home page labeled "trending". The idea is you can view that and see if there is a big topic happening somewhere else in the league besides your team... therefore go check it out.
    I'd need to look into it more as that isn't my day to day. Tell you what I'll look into it, see how much work it entails and let you know!

Chiefs are looking to trade Scott Pioli and a future 3rd round pick for Ryan Leaf. I can't reveal my sources as they have asked to stay anonymous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast