Thread: Mike Jenkins? (Cowboys CB)

Default Mike Jenkins? (Cowboys CB)

ESPN’s Ed Werder reported the Cowboys could listen to offers for cornerback Mike Jenkins... and "They will only move Jenkins for a significant pick," Werder said. "They won't give him up cheaply."

I'd trade a 5th or 6th round pick for him in a heart beat. He's 27, this is the last year of his rookie contract which he signed after going in the first round of the draft. He's got NFL experience and would provide some great depth for this team if nothing else. There's no guarantee that you're going to get a sure-fire starter in the 5th round anyway.

I'm not sure what Dallas could realistically be expecting for a CB who is now #4 on their depth chart, but I'd take him for a 6th, 5th, OR I'd probably even consider a 4th round pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ESPN’s Ed Werder reported the Cowboys could listen to offers for cornerback Mike Jenkins... and "They will only move Jenkins for a significant pick," Werder said. "They won't give him up cheaply."

I'd trade a 5th or 6th round pick for him in a heart beat. He's 27, this is the last year of his rookie contract which he signed after going in the first round of the draft. He's got NFL experience and would provide some great depth for this team if nothing else. There's no guarantee that you're going to get a sure-fire starter in the 5th round anyway.

I'm not sure what Dallas could realistically be expecting for a CB who is now #4 on their depth chart, but I'd take him for a 6th, 5th, OR I'd probably even consider a 4th round pick for him.
    Id consider him for a 5th round pick and for 5 or 6 mil a year to compete with Arenas as our nickel back.

I was thinking the same thing after I saw the Boys trade up for Claiborne in round 1..

I would consider giving a 4th for him... Trying to remember how old Routt is but I'm thinking he was like 29 or 30, We don't really have a CB with starting experience behind him, Would be nice to have Jenkins as the plan for after Routt is gone rather than having to fill the void through the draft with a top pick....

Would love to grab him though!