Thread: Our Current OL makes me excited

Default Our Current OL makes me excited

Albert/Lilja*/Hudson/Asamoah/Winston

Subs:
    Mims, Allen*, Darryl Harris/ Rob Bruggeman

I think it will be a strong competition to see who starts between Lilja and our newest pick Allen.

I am not sure if Harris or Bruggeman will make it past the practice squad, so I wouldnt be surprised to see us get a backup for C (probably a C/G) in like the 4th or 5th round.

Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis have to be excited!

Cassel lovers are quickly running out of excuses...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I agree. As a Cassel defender (lover is a bit of a strong term) this is his make or break year. If he cannot produce, then I hope we are ready to trade up into likely the top 3 to grab one of the blue chippers in next year's draft. Luckily, if Cassel cannot get it done, then we will be likely around the 10-15 pick, which isnt as hard to trade up as if we made it to the playoffs and were around 20 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I agree. As a Cassel defender (lover is a bit of a strong term) this is his make or break year. If he cannot produce, then I hope we are ready to trade up into likely the top 3 to grab one of the blue chippers in next year's draft. Luckily, if Cassel cannot get it done, then we will be likely around the 10-15 pick, which isnt as hard to trade up as if we made it to the playoffs and were around 20 or so.
    We could win the Super Bowl but that won't mean Cassel should be the future at the QB position. He's going to need to earn the spot, regardless of the season's outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    That sounds like you're trying to start a fight on the subject, again lol (just kidding!)

Here's what I see as positives thus far into the year:

1 Romeo--treats players like people, and they responded
    2 OL--that will help EVERYTHING on the offense
    3 Everyone gets to start the year healthy lol

my worries are basically getting everyone up to speed together, but we have an offseason, so that's good, and i really would like to see this offense have an off. coordinator for more than 1 year.

I support "Evil Cassel" but yes, if we do not hit the playoffs, and (especially if healthy) don't make a game of a playoff game, this year is a disappointment, and I will admit that it's time to look elsewhere.

Even though I'd like to see 2 years under one offense coordinator to REALLY be convinced

I'm Cassel neutral. I think Todd Haley was the worst thing that could have happened to him. Giving him a TRUE offensive coordinator and a little stability should go a long way for Matt.

I'm just saying, he'll have the killer B's to throw to, Moeaki, Charles/Hillis in the backfield, a brand new RT, and four 2nd/3rd round draft picks on the O-line in front of him along with Haley being gone and Quinn to push him... not to mention, he's going to be playing with a pretty stout defense behind him picking him up...

What more could you want for your QB? If he can't put it all together this season, what could the excuse be?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

Subs:
    Mims, Allen*, Darryl Harris/ Rob Bruggeman

I think it will be a strong competition to see who starts between Lilja and our newest pick Allen.

I am not sure if Harris or Bruggeman will make it past the practice squad, so I wouldnt be surprised to see us get a backup for C (probably a C/G) in like the 4th or 5th round.

Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis have to be excited!
    UPDATE:

Subs:
    Mims, Allen*, Donald Stephenson, Darryl Harris/ Rob Bruggeman

texas----I completely agree man!

I hope we get a good year out of him, and a great year next year! That guy needs some consistency from the coaching staff more than anything else now.

And if he doesn't, well, the year in NE and 2010 were some weird Bizzaro World thing lol

Just think if we would have gotten DeCastro, we could have gotten Ta'uma from Washington possible in round 4 if we needed NT that bad, heck maybe even picked up an extra pick if we could have moved back in the 1st... I have determined if Cassel sucks this year we're going to put Charles and QB and see if we can win the division Broncos style

I want Cassel to succeed! He's a Chief and I want ALL Chiefs to succeed. That said, I agree that this has to be his make or break season. He's got what I think is a good (not great) O-line, he's got good runners and he's got some excellent receivers. Barring another injury year like last year Cassel has to produce this year. In my opinion anything short of a playoff win should put his starting job in serious jeapardy.