Default Donald Stephenson

From Walterfootball.com

Donald Stephenson, OT, Oklahoma
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 312.
    40 Time: 4.94.
    Bench: 19.
    Arm: 34 7/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 3-4.
    4/24/12: Stephenson is a mobile tackle who could fit on the right side in the NFL. He would probably be best in a zone-blocking system as he doesn't have the power for a man-blocking scheme. At the NFL Scouting Combine, Stephenson showed off real athleticism and blazed a fast 40 time, but had a disappointing total on the bench press. He has left tackle experience, so he could play the left side if there was an injury.
    Probably just a depth pick at this point, but he fits in a zone blocking system and he has experience at LT.
    Last edited by jap1; 04-27-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    From Walterfootball.com

Probably just a depth pick at this point, but he fits in a zone blocking system and he has experience at LT.
    Local kid. From Blue Springs HS

This pick just sealed Allen's fate... Allen will be an offensive guard with Stephenson providing depth at the OT positions.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This pick just sealed Allen's fate... Allen will be an offensive guard with Stephenson providing depth at the OT positions.
    I like it!

Not the pick I wanted but can't say I'm surprised. Would rather have seen a safety, but I came into this draft knowing I wanted to see two OL picks.

I don't understand why if we were going to take an OT, they didn't take Bobby Massie... he's still available on my board... did I miss him going to someone?

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs29 View Post
    Not the pick I wanted but can't say I'm surprised. Would rather have seen a safety, but I came into this draft knowing I wanted to see two OL picks.
    San Diego jumped ahead of them & took Safety Brandon Taylor of LSU. The Chiefs might have taken Taylor with next pick, but with him gone they went with next highest rated player on their board & why not another O-Lineman. They've been way overdue to load up on O-Lineman in one their drafts & they O-Line situation looks so much better than has in years.

Overall, nice work by the Chiefs brass, for using this draft to feed us fans that were hungry for some quality BEEF !!

I don't understand why if we were going to take an OT, they didn't take Bobby Massie... he's still available on my board... did I miss him going to someone?
    Not much difference between the two size-wise, but Stephenson has the better footwork and he's faster and better suited for the ZBS according to the NFL.com scouting reports.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-27-2012 at 10:31 PM.

The O-line depth last year was a joke. Two solid additions to the squad. Wouldn't be surprised if Allen is taking snaps from Lilja before the end of the year.

Stephenson sounds like Albert insurance if you ask me.

He is still there. He was projected in the 2nd round, so maybe there is something on tape that a lot of teams dont like.

nope he is still there, many teams passing on him for other OT's
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast