Default Donald Stephenson

From Walterfootball.com

Donald Stephenson, OT, Oklahoma
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 312.
    40 Time: 4.94.
    Bench: 19.
    Arm: 34 7/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 3-4.
    4/24/12: Stephenson is a mobile tackle who could fit on the right side in the NFL. He would probably be best in a zone-blocking system as he doesn't have the power for a man-blocking scheme. At the NFL Scouting Combine, Stephenson showed off real athleticism and blazed a fast 40 time, but had a disappointing total on the bench press. He has left tackle experience, so he could play the left side if there was an injury.
    Probably just a depth pick at this point, but he fits in a zone blocking system and he has experience at LT.
    Last edited by jap1; 04-27-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Nothin wrong with depth at tackle. We were one play away from having no left tackle. I would like to see a safety taken next. Or a corner.

Going into this offseason our two biggest needs were OL and NT. Check and check! Great draft so far. Now time to go find some starters on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Nothin wrong with depth at tackle. We were one play away from having no left tackle. I would like to see a safety taken next. Or a corner.

Going into this offseason our two biggest needs were OL and NT. Check and check! Great draft so far. Now time to go find some starters on special teams.
    I agree with coach.

We had two main issues this year, and I know others think differently, but we have addressed those, Nose Tackle and Offensive Line, in fact, I think we have addressed the OL in spades, I could not be more happy about where were are with these picks. I know people always have their guy that they think is better, blah blah blah, I trust those meat inspectors who work with meat everyday over the backyard weekend bar-b-que guy until they poison me.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

After further thought, I really hope we can somehow land Kirk cousins here in the 4th.

Scratch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

We had two main issues this year, and I know others think differently, but we have addressed those, Nose Tackle and Offensive Line, in fact, I think we have addressed the OL in spades, I could not be more happy about where were are with these picks. I know people always have their guy that they think is better, blah blah blah, I trust those meat inspectors who work with meat everyday over the backyard weekend bar-b-que guy until they poison me.
    You got that right. Everybody and their brother should have seen this type of draft coming where the Chiefs were going to make a run on some BEEF and that's exactly what the Chiefs needed coming into this draft & if you need it, you draft it.

They aren't doing it the NE way. This is more like Don Klosterman did it as GM, and he had a track record that few could match.

And in the 4th round they just picked up one the best kick returners in the draft in Devon Wylie, who has 4.39 speed.

Nice job, Chiefs brass.

The day i get excited about drafting a returner... Even before they moved the kick offs up to make returners even more irrelevant I would have told you that you're wasting a pick if you draft a guy a returner. It seems that we're reaching on guys at positions we want rather than taking the best talent available

The guy is a slot receiver. They're looking for Wes Welker... just because he returned kicks doesn't mean that's what this pick was about... especially with McCluster and Arenas already on the team.

I like the Stephenson pick because you have a very athletic LT that can be brought along slowly. Give him more time to fill out, get up to speed technique wise and in general get him acclimated into the NFL world.

2-3 years from now he could end up being the starting LT depending on Albert. In the mean time he gives us a good swing tackle but I would still assume Allen will be in the mix for that even though RG seems to be his destination.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You got that right. Everybody and their brother should have seen this type of draft coming where the Chiefs were going to make a run on some BEEF and that's exactly what the Chiefs needed coming into this draft & if you need it, you draft it.

They aren't doing it the NE way. This is more like Don Klosterman did it as GM, and he had a track record that few could match.

And in the 4th round they just picked up one the best kick returners in the draft in Devon Wylie, who has 4.39 speed.

Nice job, Chiefs brass.
    Well, I didn't see it coming. I saw it coming for like five straight years, without it actually happening, so I just lowered my expectations.

But I am quite happy to finally see the big men brought in with such force.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, I didn't see it coming. I saw it coming for like five straight years, without it actually happening, so I just lowered my expectations.

But I am quite happy to finally see the big men brought in with such force.
    The timing was perfect for this year, especially with the skill position talent that they have on their Offense now.

Both, Allen and Stephenson have pass-blocking skills & we could very well be looking at the starting left side of the Chiefs O-Line in 2013.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast