Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: devon wylie 4 th round

Default devon wylie 4 th round

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faqfXBtF50I"]Devon Wylie Highlights Fresno State - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Dexter Mccluster No longer slot WR for Chiefs

The Chiefs list Dexter McCluster as a wide receiver on their roster and depth chart, but his future as a slot receiver is over, at least for now. The team has used McCluster exclusively at running back in their offense during the preseason, where he is being utilized in special packages behind running backs Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles.

Read more: Dexter McCluster no longer slot receiver in Chiefs' offense - NFL - Sporting News

How am I a troll?
    That's strange. That article is from last August and ESPN still has him listed as a WR. (source) I wonder why they haven't picked up on that, yet?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

The deal with Mccluster is that he was drafted to do both play some WR and get some Carries. He was FORCED to play more HB last year. That doesn't mean he will be kept in that role when Charles is back and now that we have Hillis. Mccluster was drafted to be a playmaker when they got him the ball. He will get the ball a few times a game. It's far to early to say that he will never be good in the WR role. He just hasn't had much more then a rookie year to grow in that role. Regardless of what he was drafted to do what he has done is what matters. Last year he was 2nd on the team in yardage. Outside of Bowe he was the offense last year. I really don't see anything that he has done that would make him a negitive. He is a playmaker and last year he showed he can be a good one.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The deal with Mccluster is that he was drafted to do both play some WR and get some Carries. He was FORCED to play more HB last year. That doesn't mean he will be kept in that role when Charles is back and now that we have Hillis. Mccluster was drafted to be a playmaker when they got him the ball. He will get the ball a few times a game. It's far to early to say that he will never be good in the WR role. He just hasn't had much more then a rookie year to grow in that role. Regardless of what he was drafted to do what he has done is what matters. Last year he was 2nd on the team in yardage. Outside of Bowe he was the offense last year. I really don't see anything that he has done that would make him a negitive. He is a playmaker and last year he showed he can be a good one.
    Exactly! Everyone was saying that for him to be effective we have to get him the ball in space. He actually did a decent job running the ball, but he can still be used for short passes and laterals out of the backfield. I think we will see him in a much different role this year, especially with the addition of Hillis to complement Charles at RB.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Well said, but I don't know why you continue to engage MMO in conversation. (I don't know why I do it either!)

LOL It's the offseason and theres not a whole lot eles to do right now. It keeps me busy. That and like I said In anther post I understand why he makes the post he does I am seen the same way on Indians forums.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Exactly! Everyone was saying that for him to be effective we have to get him the ball in space. He actually did a decent job running the ball, but he can still be used for short passes and laterals out of the backfield. I think we will see him in a much different role this year, especially with the addition of Hillis to complement Charles at RB.

Also add the much upgraded OL and he could have a huge year, this coming season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123