Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: devon wylie 4 th round

Default devon wylie 4 th round

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faqfXBtF50I"]Devon Wylie Highlights Fresno State - YouTube[/ame]

I am glad that late draft picks are no longer potential starters tbh... haha

Quote Originally Posted by HaliForPresident View Post
    The guy had 700 yards receiving as a redshirt Senior. He didn't even lead Fresno State in receiving... We just wasted another draft pick on a returner. And before anyone tries it do not compare him to Wes Welker. Wes was at least the best WR on his college team.
    He's a 4th round pick! What do you expect Randy Moss in his prime? I almost put this guy on my list of people I wanted that were left in the draft he's a very good player and very versatile. Not mention this guy works perfectly for Cassel, he's an amazing slot receiver and if you get him in open space he will burn anyone on the field

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    He's a 4th round pick! What do you expect Randy Moss in his prime? I almost put this guy on my list of people I wanted that were left in the draft he's a very good player and very versatile. Not mention this guy works perfectly for Cassel, he's an amazing slot receiver and if you get him in open space he will burn anyone on the field
    Not only that, but McCluster played much better as a RB last year than he did the year before as a slot guy, so yes, this was a need pick for the Chiefs.

And who knows what McCluster might be able to do at RB this year with an upgraded O-Line?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not only that, but McCluster played much better as a RB last year than he did the year before as a slot guy, so yes, this was a need pick for the Chiefs.

And who knows what McCluster might be able to do at RB this year with an upgraded O-Line?
    I'm so psyched even Cassel can't F this year up!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

I'm not very high on McCluster, but I'd say drafting Wylie and Gray puts McCluster on a really short leash.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm not very high on McCluster, but I'd say drafting Wylie and Gray puts McCluster on a really short leash.
    I like McCluster, but always thought he was drafted too high at #36 overall & at the wrong time when the team had too many other needs -- especially in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Wylie stayed healthy in 2011, was one of the nations leading punt returners ( took 2 back for TD's, one was a 79-yarder against Nebraska ), performed well all week at the East-West shrine game practices & wowed scouts at the combine.

As for Gray, I'll never understand how he lasted until the 6th round, other than Texas A&M RB's not having a stellar track record in the NFL ( see Greg Hill -- Chiefs 1994 1st round pick ). Good selection for the Chiefs in round 6. Hillis only signed a 1-yr contract and nothing is etched in stone regarding Charles and McCluster is not as explosive as Charles was prior to his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Mccluster cant play WR, we already tried him in the slot when we drafted him. Looks like this will be our slot guy
    I really don't no why you are so down on Mccluster.

I think it's far to early to say if he can be a slot guy or not. Rookie years are not the best year to judge a guy. His 2nd season this past year he was put in a different role when Charles went down. He had to go far more in the backfield then what was planned out. Mccluster didn't do to poorly last season either. He was 2nd in yardage behind Bowe. I just don't see why you are so down on him.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    No he didnt do poorly. I think hes a solid player especially in the open field. The problem is we already have a speed back in Jamaal Charles, when charles plays and is healthy there isn't much room for mccluster
    See again you're not looking at the whole picture. You just assume that Mccluster can't be a good slot WR. Based on what. The very limited time that he had to do it. His first year he wasn't great I grant you but that was his rookie year. His 2nd year he didn't get as many chances at that spot due to losing Charles. One way or anther Mccluster is going to get the ball in games. And he adds some nice insurance in case something happens to Charles. He proved he can fill in and give at least part of what Charles can. I have done a complete turn on his pick. Trust me when he was first picked I thought it was stupid. But I have seen some good things early on from him. I think he can be a play making guy. Maybe not one that will be top in the NFL but he can make plays. I am glad to have him.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    See again you're not looking at the whole picture. You just assume that Mccluster can't be a good slot WR. Based on what. The very limited time that he had to do it. His first year he wasn't great I grant you but that was his rookie year. His 2nd year he didn't get as many chances at that spot due to losing Charles. One way or anther Mccluster is going to get the ball in games. And he adds some nice insurance in case something happens to Charles. He proved he can fill in and give at least part of what Charles can. I have done a complete turn on his pick. Trust me when he was first picked I thought it was stupid. But I have seen some good things early on from him. I think he can be a play making guy. Maybe not one that will be top in the NFL but he can make plays. I am glad to have him.
    Well said, but I don't know why you continue to engage MMO in conversation. (I don't know why I do it either!)

He has shown time and time again that he will not hesitate to talk negative about the Chiefs. Whether it is Matt Cassel, or Tyson Jackson, or Dexter McCluster, or Scott Pioli, he's going to take every opportunity he can to rip on the Chiefs. Oh, but he likes the Dontari Poe pick (so do I), one of the lest popular picks on this board.

He likes whatever most people dislike and dislikes whatever most people like. Hes a contrarion.

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I like the pick on multiple levels. First off Wylie gives us a true jitter bug slot receiver (I'm not going to say the name who he compares to). Breaston is more of your classic Pro-Style slot receiver that can move to the outside as well depending on the personnel package.

Personally I see McCluster as a #4 RB, a back-up slot receiver and special teams. I like McCluster but I don't see how much longer he will last in KC unless he really starts to produce at a very high level when he gets his chances.

Also Wylie is a very good return man and a VERY GOOD gunner on kickoff/punts. His extreme speed, quickness and agility makes it easy for him to get down the field, break down and make the tackle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast