Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cassell has no excuses this year

Default cassell has no excuses this year

now that they have given him a ligitimate o-line. and the fact he will have an awesome run game with more than enough weapons to throw to. he had better produce this year.if he can put up numbers that reflect the 2010 season it is going to be a great year. if not he needs to be cut the first day after the 2012 season

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    And I have acknowledged that. Bowe was pretty much a thousand yard WR in his first year. (Had 995 yards receiving, close enough) But we know what Tyson Jackson, Mccluster and arenas are going to do. We dont really need to give them more time. I dont even see Mccluster playing that much this year since we already have a speed back in Charles. That is why I never understood the draft pick, other than we were going to use him as a slot WR and it just didnt work out
    I think we saw the value in McCluster last year when Charles got hurt. He averaged 4.5 yds per carry which was 0.5 more ypc than Jackie Battle averaged and Dexter is listed as a wide receiver! He has a lot of versatility and gives us added depth. By the way, Battle is a free agent right now and the Chiefs haven't resigned him.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

can we just barry the past it gets old. the past is the past. and it doesnt solve anything bringing it up. just to have skmething tk argue about.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    can we just barry the past it gets old. the past is the past. and it doesnt solve anything bringing it up. just to have skmething tk argue about.
    Yes and Thank You! Fact is this is NOT the Cassel we or they had envisioned, This will be a make it or lose it year for Cassel, if he sucks, Quinn could very well come in before the season is over. They are building an outstanding offense around Cassel. This is his to lose.

I have NEVER EVER said mccluster was bad! I just never understood the pick because we already have a speed back in Charles. That is why I believe the reason we drafted mccluster was to play the slot, there is no other reason you would draft him IN THE SECOND ROUND.
    Well, at the time we needed a slot receiver. I always thought we drafted him because of his versatility as a reciever/RB/ return man.

So you like the player, but you didn't like the pick at the time. Is that correct? With the benefit of hindsight, what do you think of the pick now?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

In defense of Cassel, he has a new HC and yet another new OC - like his 6th in his 6 years in the NFL. I'm not a big Cassel fan, but jeez, a little home comfort would sure help.
    Pioli's number 1 mistake (huge) was not doing his homework before the rush to bring in Haley. Cassel had a different OC every year Haley was here. No QB can flourish under such inconsistent (mis)management as was the Chiefs these past 3 years.
    So, yes, Cassel DOES have an excuse. That said, he needs to stop overthrowing recievers and start making better decisions in the pocket.
    SHUT IT

If Cassel is back to his old ways in his first two games. Bench him. I'd hate to ride out the season and waste such a good team on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    In defense of Cassel, he has a new HC and yet another new OC - like his 6th in his 6 years in the NFL. I'm not a big Cassel fan, but jeez, a little home comfort would sure help.
    Pioli's number 1 mistake (huge) was not doing his homework before the rush to bring in Haley. Cassel had a different OC every year Haley was here. No QB can flourish under such inconsistent (mis)management as was the Chiefs these past 3 years.
    So, yes, Cassel DOES have an excuse. That said, he needs to stop overthrowing recievers and start making better decisions in the pocket.
    it is not like cassell is not familiar with dabolls system. they were in new england together granted might not have been totly dabolls system but alot of the language and makeup is the same. HE HAS NO EXCUSE PRODUCE OR GOOD RIDDENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    i will give you that haley was a setback for this team. come to think of it. he set back the whole team not just cassell.gawd i am glad that clown is gone.you kind of get the feeling we dont even know the half of how crazy haley went.

I could understand that excuse but the fact is kyle orton steps in with less than a week of practice, plays 3 playoff caliber teams, goes 2-1 and has a better rating than cassel did this year and didnt get to play the vikings or colts

Orton also never played for Haley. He didn't have both an OC and a head coach putting there imput into the offense. Orton was never in the same spot as Cassel was. Orton also got to play a bad Packers defense that helped as well. And the other 2 games he didn't put a whole lot of points on the board.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yes i know, he didnt have a full offseason and preseason to mesh with his WR. He had about 4-5 days
    that is true look how palmer faired against us when he was not in sync with his wr's.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast