Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

Default 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

1. Making the HC change before the end of last season and announcing RAC as new HC shortly after the end of the season.
    2. Not screwing around with Winston and getting him signed.

The draft remains to be seen but these 2 moves alone will make us a competitive team next year and beyond. Great job.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I cant wait for tjis season to start ur gonma have tk eat crow every sunday and its gonna be flippin awesome.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    If you remember Crennel sayiing "We will either go with Stanzi or Orton depending on Orton's health on Sunday." Speculation would say Orton didn't even have a week to prepare for that game. You are comparing a qb who has been in KC since 2009 to a qb who joined the team late in the 2011 season, hurt his hand and then came back to go 2-1
    So all the other time Orton had to practice did nothing for him? Under your logic I can say that about every start by Cassel. He had only a week to get ready for every game he played. With the exception of the games that came after the bye week. Cassel only had a week for prepare for each game he played to. But I am sure since you don't like Cassel that is just an excuse for him.

Yes Cassel had been in KC longer but the thing you ignore time and time again is the coaching change that was made. Cassel always had The OC AND Haley putting there input on the offense. He had to please to many masters. Orton never had a start under those same conditions Cassel never started in the conditions that Orton did with the coaching staff. And once again outside the packers game the offense had the same problem they could get to the redzone but they couldn't get the touchdown. So it's not like all the problems were solved with Orton in there.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So all the other time Orton had to practice did nothing for him? Under your logic I can say that about every start by Cassel. He had only a week to get ready for every game he played. With the exception of the games that came after the bye week. Cassel only had a week for prepare for each game he played to. But I am sure since you don't like Cassel that is just an excuse for him.

Yes Cassel had been in KC longer but the thing you ignore time and time again is the coaching change that was made. Cassel always had The OC AND Haley putting there input on the offense. He had to please to many masters. Orton never had a start under those same conditions Cassel never started in the conditions that Orton did with the coaching staff. And once again outside the packers game the offense had the same problem they could get to the redzone but they couldn't get the touchdown. So it's not like all the problems were solved with Orton in there.
    I wonder if we will still be having this debate in 10 years? Shouldn't it have ended when Orton went to Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I wonder if we will still be having this debate in 10 years? Shouldn't it have ended when Orton went to Dallas?
    One would think, but MMO will still be bringing up ortons one week of practice and yhe chiefs greatest win 20 yrs. oh yeah dabol, ctrennel, and pioli suck...MMO will make sure we never forget.

O
    Orton

signed a conract to be a backup, he was never interested in staying in kc.

What if mmo is really Orton and is trying to get himself back to KC where he can start? hehe

He'd still have to beat out Cassel and whether you like Cassel or not, it appears from his actions that Orton had some serious doubts about his ability to take the starter's job from Cassel.

I still think MMO needs to move to a Dallas Fan Board or just STFU about Orton. He's gone. History. Yesterday's news.

The Win over Green Bay was a TRIUMPH and I for one would have liked to have seen Orton stay here and fight for the starters job.

But it a gonna happen. Orton is not a Chief. Out with the old and in with the new!

Starting for the Chiefs at qb would be much too easy
    So was starting for the Broncos but that didnt stop him from screwing that up....

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    So was starting for the Broncos but that didnt stop him from screwing that up....
    ...and Chicago.

Seriously MMO, give it up. You've distorted so many things that I'm not even sure I know what the meaning of statistics is. Oh yeah, that's right making things work for your arguments.

Bottom line, Orton was signed almost a month before he started. That gave him time to learn the playbook and then he had...I'll give you "almost a week"...whatever, to practice. This means he had learned a lot of the playbook that was going to be run before he started practicing.

That's a HUGE difference from what you're trying to infer that he came in and in a single week learned the playbook, practiced with the starters and figured out timing. He knows about the speed the game is played at, knew our playbook and spent the week learning the timing.

Flat out Orton isn't a savior, if he had better numbers than Cassel it was only marginally better at best. The worst is that the guy is so scared of competition that he's cried his way out of two teams, said he wouldn't show up if KC got him, promptly ate crow and came to KC and then ran off to Dallas as soon as he could. The guy simply wants his job handed to him to throw up mediocre number.

That is all...now back to your regularly scheduled MMO

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton
    That may or may not be. Of course he would have had to win the job first and running away to Dallas shows he had little confidence he could do that.

Like I said if you can't see the difference between Cassel and Orton's situations this year with the Chiefs you are delusional. But dont worry, I'm sure you will be making excuses for cassel just like every other member on this site for years to come
    THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU

Cassel and Orton had different situations. Yet you want to say see Orton proved he was better. They were never in the same spot. He had 1 good game. Then the offense had the SAME problem that it did with Cassel they could move the ball but couldn't get tds instead they had to take field goal trys and it coast them the Oakland game. Yet you seem to think Orton was an all star. And want to make up things like he had "only a week" when in fact he almost had a month to Make Orton seem better
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast