Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

Default 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

1. Making the HC change before the end of last season and announcing RAC as new HC shortly after the end of the season.
    2. Not screwing around with Winston and getting him signed.

The draft remains to be seen but these 2 moves alone will make us a competitive team next year and beyond. Great job.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    lmao. I thought Chief 31 had it bad when he said Matt Cassel and Tom Brady were equal but this might just top it off. Matt, he was a bum in 09, a cream puff schedule in 10 and a bum in 11. Just have to face the facts. He isn't good. He didn't even start in front of your boy the bum matt leinart
    It's post like this that your are simply trolling FACTS are presented you can't argue them so you just say he's a bum. You offer no facts to respond you just say he's a bum

Heres the fact under your logic. Orton is a bum. Why? Because he couldn't beat the same cream puffs in 2010. He lost to them twice. If Cassel is a bum then Orton is two since he couldn't beat the teams that a "bum" did. Or does Orton get judged differently because you happen to like him?

Cassel has a AFC west title under his belt. No matter how much you want to pretend that it didn't happen it did. Philp Rivers, Kyle Orton both played the same cream puffs and lost twice. Or are you going to claim that the cream puffs suddenly became good teams the weeks that Rivers and Orton played them?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Can't we all just put this troll on ignore? I have, but y'all keep quoting him and I wind up seeing his drivel.

Those stats would be great and all, but you are being misleading. Those Cassel stats are his 4-7 year, Favre and MOntana's are still when they were very young qb's and new to the league.Compare their 4-7 years and they are not even on the same level.

And please stop bringing up that NE year. Look at bubby brister's stats when john elway got hurt and played for the 98 Broncos. HE had a 99 qb rating for those games that he started. It proves that any bum qb can have good numbers on a great team. Same applies to Cassel.

194 YPG average in 09

207 in 2010

190 in 2011

That is just pathetic

First this is a much better post actually bringing up points to support your opinion instead of just saying he's a bum.

Now Cassel might have been in his 4th-7th year but had he played as much as the other two? Don't you think that makes a difference?

You're right it is easier to look good on a great team. Ok so if it's not right to look at numbers on a great team don't you think that it's also not fair to just look at him numbers on a horrible team. You want to throw out his 08 numbers but then point to his 09 numbers. Is there any Qb that you really think could have been on winner on this team in 09? Really?

As for his number
    09 Horrible team also have to consider that the Chiefs in 09 Led the NFL in drops. That had an affect on Cassels numbers that year outside of being on a horrible team.

10 200 yards a game isn't that bad when you consider the fact how much they relied on the running game so much.

11. I know I know you want to say it's an excuse but show me a Qb that wouldn't suffer losing 2 of it's top weapons. Can you show me 1 QB in the NFLs history that lost it's main offensive weapon and the top red zone target and hasn't suffered in the numbers? Can you?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Aaron Rogers count? The list of guys they lost in 2010 is pretty bad. They lost Grant week 1 and Finley week 4.

56 Barnett, Nick LB 6-2 236 29 8 Oregon State
    Bell, Josh CB 5-11 177 25 3 Baylor
    42 Burnett, Morgan S 6-1 209 21 R Georgia Tech
    54 Chillar, Brandon LB 6-3 237 28 7 UCLA
    88 Finley, Jermichael TE 6-5 247 23 3 Texas
    25 Grant, Ryan RB 6-1 222 28 4 Notre Dame
    91 Harrell, Justin DE 6-4 315 26 4 Tennessee
    41 Havner, Spencer TE 6-3 250 27 2 UCLA
    59 Jones, Brad LB 6-3 242 24 2 Colorado
    29 Martin, Derrick S 5-10 198 25 5 Wyoming
    96 Neal, Mike DE 6-3 294 23 R Purdue
    74 Newhouse, Marshall G/T 6-4 319 22 R Texas Christian
    51 Poppinga, Brady LB 6-3 250 31 6 Brigham Young
    27 Smith, Anthony S 6-0 200 27 5 Syracuse
    65 Tauscher, Mark T 6-3 320 33 11 Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Aaron Rogers count? The list of guys they lost in 2010 is pretty bad. They lost Grant week 1 and Finley week 4.

56 Barnett, Nick LB 6-2 236 29 8 Oregon State
    Bell, Josh CB 5-11 177 25 3 Baylor
    w42 Burnett, Morgan S 6-1 209 21 R Georgia Tech
    54 Chillar, Brandon LB 6-3 237 28 7 UCLA
    88 Finley, Jermichael TE 6-5 247 23 3 Texas
    25 Grant, Ryan RB 6-1 222 28 4 Notre Dame
    91 Harrell, Justin DE 6-4 315 26 4 Tennessee
    41 Havner, Spencer TE 6-3 250 27 2 UCLA
    59 Jones, Brad LB 6-3 242 24 2 Colorado
    29 Martin, Derrick S 5-10 198 25 5 Wyoming
    96 Neal, Mike DE 6-3 294 23 R Purdue
    74 Newhouse, Marshall G/T 6-4 319 22 R Texas Christian
    51 Poppinga, Brady LB 6-3 250 31 6 Brigham Young
    27 Smith, Anthony S 6-0 200 27 5 Syracuse
    65 Tauscher, Mark T 6-3 320 33 11 Wisconsin
    If ur saying ryan gant is the same to the packers as cmhatlrs isbto the chiefs ud br wrong. The defense won the superbowl that year for them wasnt charles woodson lights out that yr. They were a deep team like the chiefs are this year and were not last year.

I was just saying they lost their RB1 and TE both of whom had nice years the season prior. I wasn't implying that we ran similar schemes but like you said they were deep enough to overcome the injuries. The same way we are being set up now. In my gut I believe our defense is still going to carry us through the season. I hope I'm wrong and Daboll can get the best out of Matt.

I was just saying they lost their RB1 and TE both of whom had nice years the season prior. I wasn't implying that we ran similar schemes but like you said they were deep enough to overcome the injuries. The same way we are being set up now. In my gut I believe our defense is still going to carry us through the season. I hope I'm wrong and Daboll can get the best out of Matt.
    I think the D is also going to carry this team but the offense will be improved with the guys comeing back. Even Rodgers threw for 500 less yards in 2010 from 09 and about 700 less then 2011 so his numbers were also impacted from the injuries. He's a better qb then Cassel so his numbers didn't take as much of a hit. But they were still impacted a tad.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Posted that before I saw the post above concerning GB. Horrible injuries yet they still went on to win the SB. Why? The primary reason is a great qb.
    Even Aaron Rodgers numbers took a hit after he lost his starting RB and TE down 500 yards from 09 700 from 2011 Rodgers is a better QB then Cassel I think anyone would be willing to admit that. But you don't think that losing his starting RB and TE might have been the cause of his numbers being down just a tad? Even on of the best had some affect on him. Cassel was affected more because well he's just not one of the best in the game. No one is saying Cassel is a top qb in the NFL we are just saying he's not a bum and he has won a AFC west title before. Given a chance with a new HC and OC he might be better. Give it a chance.

You mentioned the colts. The myth is that the Colts just lost Peyton Manning. That's what the media wants people to think since well they have there lips on a certain area of Peytons backside. They like to hype up one of there boys. Marvin Harrison was not on that team they also had a new Head coach from the year they won the super bowl. Edgrin James also not on that team. They had lost more then just Peyton Manning. They have lost a number of players over the years. The ESPNs of the world just don't want to tell you that. They want you to think that it was Peyton alone that won all the games and that superbowl Fact is it wasn't.

Of course Cassels numbers were down without Charles. Take Emmit Smith away from the 90s Cowboys and you don't think Aikman's numbers would go down. Charles was the MVP of the offense. What team goes into a season saying we are going to lose the MVP of the offense in week 2? No one think that. Cassel at the time of his injury still had this team around 1st place. Still had 3 games last year with a QB rating of OVER 100. Yeah Yeah you will say they were against "cream puffs" but those Ds were better then the Packers D who Orton went against. SO if you want to throw those out then again you have to throw out Ortons. Matt Cassel was not the sole reason that they lost games last year. There were a number of factors. The head coach was a problem he didn't get the team ready to play that's his job. They could beat the Chargers who were fighting for the division title one week then lost to the winless Dolphins the next. That coach is now gone. There is a new OC on this team. An Oc that last year took someone who many would call a bust and make him look like a NFL rb and a good on. He could do the same with Cassel. IF and that's a big IF I grant you that he can and Cassel can improve and we don't see our Offensive MVP gone in week 2 don't you think that this could be a good team even with Cassel at QB I do. I will wait to see that Cassel is going to fail before I declare he's done.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Some people are doomed to living a glass half empty kind of life. Don't try arguing with them to change their outlook on life, it is a futile waste of your time.

It is true that Cassel isnt the best QB in the league. It is true that this team could have a better coach or DE or whatever.
    But it is also true that this TEAM is overall pretty rock solid in all 3 phases of the game. This team battles and plays hard for it's coach. I expect big things from this team because they have a lot of talent and I choose to view the world as glass half full. To view the world in any other way is a miserable existence. I've seen it my whole life.

Some say I will believe it when I see it. Others say I will SEE it, when I BELIEVE it. Each one of us chooses that path each day in everything we do. I believe the Chiefs are a solid TEAM that has every bit as good of chance of winning the AFC West as any other team in our division. I believe I will see it happen in 2012.
    Last edited by Coach; 05-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast