Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

Default 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

1. Making the HC change before the end of last season and announcing RAC as new HC shortly after the end of the season.
    2. Not screwing around with Winston and getting him signed.

The draft remains to be seen but these 2 moves alone will make us a competitive team next year and beyond. Great job.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    If Matt C has a tough year it will be the end of his tenure in Kansas City. In fairness, this will be the first year he has a decent O Line and tons of weapons, so I do expect him to be much improved. No QB in the league can be very successful with a porous o line and I think people will be surprised at how well Cassel does. It remains to be seen but he has to be excited about this off season.
    Also, Cassel will now face two former teammates that he used to back up @ USC. He will be seeing Palmer and his new back up Matt Leinart twice this year. That has to have some incentive behind it. At least I hope it does.
    I agree with you. The O line is starting to really look good. Winston was a great signing. Pioli drafted good depth. Even with Carr gone I think this defense is going to be getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    But he's gone. He's not a Chief. Biggest win in 20 years? I don't think so.
    I'm pretty sure MMO meant in the last 20 years against GB, not in 20 years overall.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'm pretty sure MMO meant in the last 20 years against GB, not in 20 years overall.
    We used to beat them when bret favre, reggie white, and sterling shatpe were in their prime, thats 3 hall of famers. It was our bigget win last yr but hardly in 20 even if its geen bay.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    What has been a bigger win in the past 20 years than beating a 13-0 defending super bowl champs?
    Winning a playoff game....getting to the AFC Championship game

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Winning a playoff game....getting to the AFC Championship game
    The last Playoff win was January 14, 1994 so I guess he actually means in the last 18 years.

Also, in his defense, he created that name a day or two after we won the GB game, its not like he created it after Orton was signed by Dallas.

Anyways, who cares what his name is.

He doesnt like a lot of stuff Pioli has done, but some of it he does and he has voiced his pleasure on certain signings. He even started a thread to say that everyone shouldnt complain about the Poe pick.
    He is a fan, just a very vocal, critical and pessimistic fan compared to many others.
    Last edited by jap1; 05-03-2012 at 05:02 PM.

FA: A+
    Draft: B I was happy for the most part there were some lost opportunities I think but overall good draft. BTW I liked Poe, but it was risky.

Combined: A-

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    He is a fan, just a very vocal, critical and pessimistic fan compared to many others.
    I would agree with this.

I don't agree with MMO on much but I have never got the sense that he was just trolling. I think he's blaming the wrong people for the state the Chiefs have been in for the past few years but he is intitled to his opinion as well.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

For a grade I give Pioli an A for this offseason. With the chance of it being an A+

Free agents addressed the biggest need on this team with getting the best guy out there. Winston even said himself he was impressed with how much the Chiefs let it be known that they wanted him and they didn't let him leave without being signed. Can't do much better then that.

Draft. Again kept working on the biggest weakness the O line with a couple of picks. Not so sure about the Poe pick but I have been wrong about a number of Pioli picks in the past I will give it a chance. If Poe does work out I don't think it's to hard at all to give him the A+
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    What has been a bigger win in the past 20 years than beating a 13-0 defending super bowl champs?
    2000, the undefeated in state st louis rams and the greatest show on tuef were beat down at arrowhead, they went on to win the superbowl and not lose the first playoff game they played in.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Everyone was in love with his size and how big his hands were they ignored the things he wasnt doing well. Most scouts knew he wasnt gonna make it.
    Hm...sounds like our pick.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast