Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

Default 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

1. Making the HC change before the end of last season and announcing RAC as new HC shortly after the end of the season.
    2. Not screwing around with Winston and getting him signed.

The draft remains to be seen but these 2 moves alone will make us a competitive team next year and beyond. Great job.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Some people are doomed to living a glass half empty kind of life. Don't try arguing with them to change their outlook on life, it is a futile waste of your time.

It is true that Cassel isnt the best QB in the league. It is true that this team could have a better coach or DE or whatever.
    But it is also true that this TEAM is overall pretty rock solid in all 3 phases of the game. This team battles and plays hard for it's coach. I expect big things from this team because they have a lot of talent and I choose to view the world as glass half full. To view the world in any other way is a miserable existence. I've seen it my whole life.

Some say I will believe it when I see it. Others say I will SEE it, when I BELIEVE it. Each one of us chooses that path each day in everything we do. I believe the Chiefs are a solid TEAM that has every bit as good of chance of winning the AFC West as any other team in our division. I believe I will see it happen in 2012.
    I believe you are correct. This blog has kinda strayed off course - discussing Cassel and the draft. Both are indeed important for our success this year, but my intention was to discuss two very important moves that Pioli made that is just as important to our success this year 1) the dismissal of Haley before the end of the season and the naming of Crennel as HC shortly after the season; and 2) not screwing around with Winston and getting him signed before somebody else did. I also like bringing in Bicknell from the Giants as out new OL coach. There is no doubt in my mind that this team will be successful this year. The only bad thing I see is the constant revolving door of our coaches. I supported Haley's dismissal, but I thought it was a bad hire in the first place. And, of course, Romeo isn't getting any younger. Once we have some stability with our management and coaches (a monumental task in todays NFL), there will be no stopping the Chiefs from getting to the Superbowl. Pioli is doing the right things - finally.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike
    This blog has kinda strayed off course
    Yup! Seems like almost every thread here for the last few months turns into a "Cassel sucks and we should have kept Orton" thread. For me at least it is getting real tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Matt the colts were contenders every year with manning, the year he doesn't play they fall to pieces. That's how big of an impact a qb has on a team.
    I'm not trying to say that losing Peyton wasn't a big issue for them. But do you think they would have fallen all the way to 2-14 if they still had Tony Dungy coaching, Marvin Harrison,Edgrin James they did nothing for that team. Yes Peyton was the BIG blow that finished that era off but they had already had a number of body blows to weaken them first.

Look, it is realistic to say once a qb's weapons go down his numbers will drop, yes they should. But even with Charles out he still has one of the better WR in the game in Dwayne Bowe, now hear me out here I dont think losing Charles gave him THAT much of a blow based on his numbers and record against .500 teams and above in 2010 when he had charles. I think his poor play this year just like 09 was due to the fact he just played a much better schedule and not the weak teams like he did in 2010.
    D Bowe is great to have yes. But he can disappear sometimes. It's the one weakness with him. He can have games where you just don't get much out of him. Keep that in mind.

And I just want you to either throw out Ortons great game against the cream puff Packers Defense or give Cassel the credit for 2010. You can't have it both ways. Be fair to both and decided if going against a weak oppent like Cassel did in 2010 and Orton did against the Packers D is reason to disregard there results. You just can have it both ways.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

So if I had a username in reference to Neil Smith who later played for the Denver Broncos that would be disrespectful to KC nation?
    Did Neil play for KC for more seasons than Orton's games?

Maybe you are comparing apples to apple stems here?

If we win the division next year it will be because of our running game and defense, definitely not our qb.

I just cant wrap my mind around it that cassel who has been here since 2009, was at more of a disadvantage this year vs someone coming late in the season and knowing nothing about our team or offense and performing better than the guy thats been here 2 seasons. I just cant even comprehend it
    What can't you comprehend... moderation?

Coach implied that you are a "glass half empty" person, but I think he was avoiding the real issue here.

You refuse to budge off the "100% hatred" pedestal.

Your glass is empty, and shattered on the floor, as you stomp on it, screaming.

Just out of curiosity... You don't think the team simplified the playbook when they started a QB they just picked up off waivers, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Did Neil play for KC for more seasons than Orton's games?

Maybe you are comparing apples to apple stems here?

What can't you comprehend... moderation?

Coach implied that you are a "glass half empty" person, but I think he was avoiding the real issue here.

You refuse to budge off the "100% hatred" pedestal.

Your glass is empty, and shattered on the floor, as you stomp on it, screaming.

Just out of curiosity... You don't think the team simplified the playbook when they started a QB they just picked up off waivers, do you?
    What is this making sense stuff? We simply won't have that here!

Oh and MMO I didn't list Cassel's 1-3 yrs because uhm...he didn't have any and generally people don't judge a player playing behind Tom freakin Brady until he actually plays football. Shocker I know! I mean back up QB don't exist, I suppose I could make some up?

Clipboards completed - CC
    Clipboards dropped - CD
    Clipboard attempts - CA
    Trips to the Gatorade Table - TGT

Year - CC, CD, CA, TGT
    2005 - 10, 20, 30, 5
    2006 - 38, 15, 43, 3
    2007 - 54, 4, 58, 1

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Some people are doomed to living a glass half empty kind of life. Don't try arguing with them to change their outlook on life, it is a futile waste of your time.

It is true that Cassel isnt the best QB in the league. It is true that this team could have a better coach or DE or whatever.
    But it is also true that this TEAM is overall pretty rock solid in all 3 phases of the game. This team battles and plays hard for it's coach. I expect big things from this team because they have a lot of talent and I choose to view the world as glass half full. To view the world in any other way is a miserable existence. I've seen it my whole life.

Some say I will believe it when I see it. Others say I will SEE it, when I BELIEVE it. Each one of us chooses that path each day in everything we do. I believe the Chiefs are a solid TEAM that has every bit as good of chance of winning the AFC West as any other team in our division. I believe I will see it happen in 2012.
    I completely agree! I believe, as much as I'd love to see the Chiefs be SB Champs, that the very fabric of the universe is not bound or unraveled based solely upon the success or failure of the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-23-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I completely agree! I believe, as much as I'd love to see the Chiefs be SB Champs, that the very fabric of the universe is not bound or unraveled based solely upon the success or failure of the Kansas City Chiefs.
    damm i thought it was!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    damm i thought it was!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    ... I suppose I could make some up?

Clipboards completed - CC
    Clipboards dropped - CD
    Clipboard attempts - CA
    Trips to the Gatorade Table - TGT

Year - CC, CD, CA, TGT
    2005 - 10, 20, 30, 5
    2006 - 38, 15, 43, 3
    2007 - 54, 4, 58, 1
    Boy Cassel dropped a LOT of clipboards his first 2 years. Was he trying to spin them on one finger or something?

Terrific stats in 2007, though. I guess he fianlly got the hang of it!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Very true. I believe a huge weight was lifted off this teams shoulders with the dismissal of Haley. The entire team seemed to play more relaxed - they looked like they were having fun out there. I would venture to say that Cassel would have played much better under Romeo if he was healthy those last three games.
    SHUT IT

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast