Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

Default 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

1. Making the HC change before the end of last season and announcing RAC as new HC shortly after the end of the season.
    2. Not screwing around with Winston and getting him signed.

The draft remains to be seen but these 2 moves alone will make us a competitive team next year and beyond. Great job.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    My logic tells me if someone who has not played in awhile, has no chemistry with his coaches or his WR and has a better rating, ypg and winning pctg than a qb who has been here since 2009 with the same team then Orton is the better suitor. When did Cassel ever move the ball? His YPG were less than 200
    My logic tells me that if a team changes head coaches then the offense is changed. It's not the SAME. Cassel had to deal with both the OC and Haley. Orton didn't it's not the same. Don't pretend it was.

Did you watch this team last year. Time and time again they would get into field goal range. Even at times with Palko. Ortons numbers are better because of the green Bay game. Green Bay was one of the worst Ds in the NFL last year. Outside of the 1 game Orton and Cassel had about the same results. 1 game doesn't prove anyones better.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    My logic tells me that if a team changes head coaches then the offense is changed. It's not the SAME. Cassel had to deal with both the OC and Haley. Orton didn't it's not the same. Don't pretend it was.

Did you watch this team last year. Time and time again they would get into field goal range. Even at times with Palko. Ortons numbers are better because of the green Bay game. Green Bay was one of the worst Ds in the NFL last year. Outside of the 1 game Orton and Cassel had about the same results. 1 game doesn't prove anyones better.
    U arguing logic with someone illogical. Its the nfl, paid professionals, we win a division 2 yrs being removed from a 2 and 14, 2 whole wins in 2008, to division champs and had orton been a ble to throw a freaking td in the oakland game, division champs 2 yrs in a row. He loves that orton threw for 300 yards against the leagues worst defense and still didnt throw a bloody td. Apparently 27 tds vs 7 ints doesnt count even tho phillip rivers and kyle orton played the same weak schedule we did.

And MMO i believe everyone on this site has said this is cassels year if he cant get it done time to look elsewhere. But come next winter when we r division champs im sure it wont be because of coaching or cassels play it will be because of some reason u make up.

I hate to get involved in this but in addition to what nightmare said Cassel is not going to get a full season if he can't get it done. While Quinn isn't the second coming of Tom Brady he was brought in by this coaching staff for a reason.

If we win the division next year it will be because of our running game and defense, definitely not our qb.

I just cant wrap my mind around it that cassel who has been here since 2009, was at more of a disadvantage this year vs someone coming late in the season and knowing nothing about our team or offense and performing better than the guy thats been here 2 seasons. I just cant even comprehend it
    Who has said Cassel was at more of a disavantage? You're missing whats being said

1st Orton had about a month to learn the playbook before he started that's a lot of time. Was it as much time as Cassel no it wasn't BUT then theres pont 2

2 The coaching change. Means there were some changes in the offense. We didn't see Cassel under Romeo as head coach we only saw Orton. We don't know what Cassel would have done we can make guesses but we just don't no.

The offense was better during the Green Bay game but you have to consider that Green Bay was one of the worst defenses in the NFL. If you want to throw out all of Cassels good games due to a weak opponent then you have to do the same When Orton goes against a weak defense. You can't hold Cassel to one standard and Orton to anther. Outside of the Packers game the offense looked slightly better at best. They moved the ball but still couldn't get the touchdown they had to settle for 3 way to much. It coast them the Oakland game. The D won the Denver game not Orton.

I don't think a single person on here would argue if you were to say Cassel has to be better then what he has. But you refuse to give Cassel any credit for anything good saying he did it against "creampuffs" So I ask you were we beating those "cream puffs" in 08? No we were one of the Cream puffs. No matter how much you might want to deny it Cassel has done some good. We now have a new OC and a head coach who won't also be sticking his nose in the offense on gameday to the point where it hurts the offense like Haley did. Give Cassel a chance under the new coaching. If he's not better then yes they need to move on and get a new QB. But don't act like it's not possible for Cassel to do good things when he has already
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Matt this is what I am trying to say, if we can pick up a qb after being cut, he comes in with less than a week's reps with starters and HE STILL PLAYS BETTER THAN OUR STARTING QB IT HAS TO MaKe YOU QUESTION MATT CASSEL, EVERY Chiefs fan if you like him or not should agree to this
    Less then a week is STILL NOT RIGHT no matter how many time you want to try to claim that Nov 22nd to Dec 18th is a week that is a hell of a long week it's NOT RIGHT STOP IT . He missed a few days of pratice after he got hurt but still had well more then a week.

What excuses have been made? Loseing Charles. You don't think that had a impact? Really? That's not an excuse it's a fact. But unlike you we don't leave out facts that don't help our opinion

You give Orton credit for the green bay win but won't give Cassel credit for an AFC west title. The packers had one of the worst defense in the NFL last year. If you throw out all of Cassels good games because of bad opponents they why don't you do the same with Orton? Orton played against a pretty bad Packers d Orton did well against one of the worst ds in the NFL then what happend 1TD in the next 2 games. Hardly setting the world on fire.

And yet again you leave out key parts of what happend.
    WHY WON'T YOU ACKNOWLEDGE the coaching change? You don't think that a team changing head coaches has an affect on a team and how things are ran? Can you tell me that? Of course it affects the team. We NEVER saw Cassel without Haley as headcoach with this team. That's a fact. Just because it may not help your opinion on it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Doesn't mean changing head coaches didn't have an affect. You NEVER have acknowledged this. You leave out key facts then wonder why people think your a troll? The facts are the facts. Orton was 2-1 as the starter under Romeo Cassel never played for Romeo all his starts were for Todd Haley.
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 05-16-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Stop with the month stuff. HE HAD A HURT finger that he injured against Chicago and his first week of practice (if that) was the week leading to the GB game. So he was able to practice and get reps with the offense for less than a week. I am not only talking about the GB game but the rest of the season as well. He played better, thats a fact.

Orton was claimed on the 22nd of Nov he had snaps with the 1st team going into the Pittsburgh game. Not much I grant you but he had some He had snaps going into the bears game. There was talk that he would be the starter. Haley decided for whatever reason to stick with Palko. He missed a few days after he got hurt but had a couple of days before the jets game. Then he had the week before the packers. No matter how you want to spin it he had more then a weeks worth of pratice.

I am not saying you are directly blaming Cassel's bad play on the coach but comments like thte one in bold lead me to believe that you are. Cassel had the same coach in 2010 as he did in 2011 did he not? Orton and Cassel had the same OC, the same RB, the same WR. Stop blaming Cassel's possible bad play on the coach. ENOUGH. Time and time again I see members like Chief 31 say "Cassel's running game was depleted and didnt have enough time to adjust during the season." Look at him for what he is. He has great numbers against bad teams and bad numbers against good teams. He doesn't have the capability to lead a team without a great running game. We have seen it the past 3 seasons. He is NOT a capable quarterback. When the running game is shot he sucks.
    I am not putting it all on Haley. But Haley was a part of it IMO. What it is I am saying and what others are saying is that the change of head coaches meant that some things were done differently. Romeo did not do the same exact thing that Todd Haley did. There were some changes made in regard to the makeup of the gameplan Romeo was the one making the final decisions not Haley. IT WAS DIFFERENT. That's all I'm saying.

Look no one is saying Cassel has been great. But he hasn't been as bad as you make him out to be. And I will grant you if you go back and look at the game threads and threads from the game weeks last year there was a good while I was calling for a change to. Then we saw Tyler Palko. Then we all I think gained a little respect for Matt Cassel. I have never been one to say that your just a troll. But if you think that you can say that a change in the head coach and the OC Can't possibly help Cassel then I would say you're just trolling. We don't know yet what the new OC has planned. He turned Reggie Bush from a punt returner into a 1,000 yard rusher. Maybe he can do good for Cassel. Cassel is not "doomed for mediocrity" Lets just wait and see what he looks like with the new Coaching staff in place before we decide. Maybe Haley just wasn't the right fit for him. Different sport but Michael Jordan Never won a NBA title without Phil Jackson. Sometimes it just takes the right coach maybe just maybe we have that now. It's possible.

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.
    I was never really a fan of Stone Cold Steve Austin but I don't think he would say anything about the Chiefs. He would be a fan of some team in Texas lol
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

When you give a guy a long term deal with a load of money you better measure him to a high standard, and Cassel has terribly disappointed us. Please dont bring up the cream puff schedule in 2010 followed by a blow out playoff loss at home again. From the 09-11 season. 18-22 as a starter, 0 playoff wins, 79 qb rating. For the length of contract and money (Which when he signed the deal Peyton manning was the only qb that made more) he has been AWFUL. A horrible long term investment that I hold Pioli responsible for
    So kyle orton didnt win in denver with the same, exact same, cream puff schedule that matt cassel kicked arse with. Please explain.

When you give a guy a long term deal with a load of money you better measure him to a high standard, and Cassel has terribly disappointed us. Please dont bring up the cream puff schedule in 2010 followed by a blow out playoff loss at home again. From the 09-11 season. 18-22 as a starter, 0 playoff wins, 79 qb rating. For the length of contract and money (Which when he signed the deal Peyton manning was the only qb that made more) he has been AWFUL. A horrible long term investment that I hold Pioli responsible for
    Hmm let's have some fun with this since you loooove trying to get stats that support your opinion. I'm going to give you three QB's stats after their first four years. Then you tell me who the other QB's are and how his career turned out.

I apologize in advance, it doesn't seem to like spaces when attempting to format it and make it all nice and neat. Feel free to pull out the data and put it into excel or something grid like.

Key:
    GP - Games Played
    CMP - Completions
    ATT - Attempts
    CMP% - Completion percentage
    YDS - Yards
    AVG - Average per throw
    TD - TD's
    LNG - Longest throw
    INT - Interceptions
    FUM - Fumbles
    RAT - Rating

Cassel
    QB #1 --- GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT
    Year #1 - 16 327 516 63.4 3,693 7.16 21 76 11 5 89.4
    Year #2 - 15 271 493 55.0 2,924 5.93 16 61 16 5 69.9
    Year #3 - 15 262 450 58.2 3,116 6.92 27 75 7 2 93.0
    Year #4 -- 9 160 269 59.5 1,713 6.37 10 52 9 4 76.6

QB #2 --- GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT
    Year #1 - 16 13 23 56.5 96 4.17 1 18 0 0 81.1
    Year #2 - 15 176 273 64.5 1,795 6.58 15 71 9 0 87.8
    Year #3 - 16 311 488 63.7 3,565 7.31 19 78 12 0 88.4
    Year #4 -- 9 213 346 61.6 2,613 7.55 17 55 11 0 88.0

QB #3 --- GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT
    Year #1 -- 2 0 4 0.0 0 0.00 0 0 2 0 0.0
    Year #2 - 15 302 471 64.1 3,227 6.85 18 76 13 6 85.3
    Year #3 - 16 318 522 60.9 3,303 6.33 19 66 24 8 72.2
    Year #4 - 16 363 582 62.4 3,882 6.67 33 49 14 6 90.7

You complain about Cassel's QB rating so who are the other two that have an average of 86.33 and 82.73 over 4 years?

If you want to talk about wins:

QB #2 went 2-14 in his first year, 6-10 in the second, 13-3 in the third and 3-6 in his fourth year.

QB #3 went 9-7 all three seasons after starting two games in his first year, never making the playoffs.

Scroll on down for your answers....

QB #2 is Joe Montana
    QB #3 is Brett Farve

Once again if your going to throw out Cassels good games due to play weak teams then I am going to throw out Ortons due to the weak packers D. You can't throw out ones with out throwing out the others.

Cassels record is what it is. But do you really hold him the cause for it. In 2009 even if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning were the Qb this team was not going to be a winner. He came to a bad football team. Cassel didn't make them bad they were already bad. If I recall the Chiefs led the NFL in dropped passes that year. There were times that Cassel did his job the WR put the ball on the ground. Even our number 1 weapon had a down year that year. It wasn't all Cassels fault. 2010 Cassel helped them win the AFC west. Yeah yeah I no weak schedule but everyone in the AFC west played those teams Cassel won more games then any other QB in the division including Orton. That's a fact. No matter how much you don't like it.

If you want to throw out 2010 then I can throw out 09 due to the talent around him. So we have 2011 if I could give him a grade it would be incomplete. Show me a Qb that wouldn't suffer loseing 2 big weapons. Take Emmit Smith and Michael Irvin away from the 1990s Cowboys do you think Aikman wouldn't have suffered? Take Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison away from Peyton Manning do you really think that he wouldn't suffer. You might want to see it as an excuse but it's fact. Take away 2 big parts of the offense and it's going to hurt.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

lmao. I thought Chief 31 had it bad when he said Matt Cassel and Tom Brady were equal but this might just top it off. Matt, he was a bum in 09, a cream puff schedule in 10 and a bum in 11. Just have to face the facts. He isn't good. He didn't even start in front of your boy the bum matt leinart
    You are amazingly stubborn and poor at arguing. Ppl offer u mountains of evidence you barely offer any yet you are the only one that can have opinion u concede nothing but everyone else has to concede to you. You call tourself a fan but come to conclusions before this staff has even played a game its amazing.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast