Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season opener

Default Season opener

Hey guys I am probably going to the season opener and I was curious when do the tickets normally go on sale (for single games) and what is the best airline to fly in with. I am coming from the DC area so I have a few options. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Well I am still trying to figure out what hotel we are going to get. We are probably gonna do a package deal so the car is free since you book a hotel and flight. I just wish Airtran wasnt so trashy they use to be the easy choice for a cheap flight now they are just a hassle.
    Keep in mind that AirTran has been purchased by Southwest and they are in the middle of the integration process. I for one am VERY sorry to lose Airtran as they made White Plains NY a very competitive airport. Every time AirTran drops a destination from White Plains, Delta ups their fares by about $150.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Keep in mind that AirTran has been purchased by Southwest and they are in the middle of the integration process. I for one am VERY sorry to lose Airtran as they made White Plains NY a very competitive airport. Every time AirTran drops a destination from White Plains, Delta ups their fares by about $150.
    I will never EVER fly Delta (Delaying Everyone's Lives Through Atlanta) again. They almost ruined me popping the question to my now fiancee. We were there 30 minutes early but had to stand in line for 10 minutes. Then when we get to the front of the line we're told we "missed" our flight with 15 minutes before it left....right.

Then they charged us $50 per ticket because we "missed" our flight to set us up on a second flight. After several emails and phone calls of complaining they oh so graciously issued us $50 vouchers...which might cover our bags.

Will go out of my way to never fly Delta again.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I will never EVER fly Delta (Delaying Everyone's Lives Through Atlanta) again. They almost ruined me popping the question to my now fiancee. We were there 30 minutes early but had to stand in line for 10 minutes. Then when we get to the front of the line we're told we "missed" our flight with 15 minutes before it left....right.

Then they charged us $50 per ticket because we "missed" our flight to set us up on a second flight. After several emails and phone calls of complaining they oh so graciously issued us $50 vouchers...which might cover our bags.

Will go out of my way to never fly Delta again.
    I hear you! I fly on several hunting trips every year....usually out of White Plains which due to the destinations I am flying to generally means AirTran or Delta. Over the years I have been badly mistreated by both. Even once got stranded overnight in Wichita, Ks when AirTran refused to fly their flight from Wichita to Atlanta due to "bad weather in Atlanta". Curiously, the Delta flight from Wichita to Atlanta scheduled to leave 18 minutes later left right on time! Naturally, AirTran wouldn't cover a motel because the flight cancellation was due to weather.

The airlines all suck these days. They are little better than "greyhounds in the air".

I know that when I fly I am going to be treated like dirt and so have absolutely no loyalty to ANY airline.

Southwest is probably the best of the lot, but even with their "2 bags fly free" they are often more expensive out of Hartford, Ct than Delta or AirTran out of White Plains.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I hear you! I fly on several hunting trips every year....usually out of White Plains which due to the destinations I am flying to generally means AirTran or Delta. Over the years I have been badly mistreated by both. Even once got stranded overnight in Wichita, Ks when AirTran refused to fly their flight from Wichita to Atlanta due to "bad weather in Atlanta". Curiously, the Delta flight from Wichita to Atlanta scheduled to leave 18 minutes later left right on time! Naturally, AirTran wouldn't cover a motel because the flight cancellation was due to weather.

The airlines all suck these days. They are little better than "greyhounds in the air".

I know that when I fly I am going to be treated like dirt and so have absolutely no loyalty to ANY airline.

Southwest is probably the best of the lot, but even with their "2 bags fly free" they are often more expensive out of Hartford, Ct than Delta or AirTran out of White Plains.
    Southwest has been the best for me but most of the tickets on the kayak and such sites are for Delta and such which I kinda dont want to do as my wife hates prop planes and I would probably never hear the end of it.

Southwest has been the best for me but most of the tickets on the kayak and such sites are for Delta and such which I kinda dont want to do as my wife hates prop planes and I would probably never hear the end of it.
    Dunno what airport you are flying from, but my experience is that you use sites like Kayak, Priceline etc to check airfares and schedules and then buy directly from the airline sites. Usually save a couple of bucks that way.

Haven't run into Delta running prop planes. Even from the small airports they seem to run "regional jets"--40-90 passenger jets. Small seats, bumpy as all get out if you run into turbulence, but a lot better than the ATR turboprops most of the airlines used to use in small airports.

Well I use to fly out of Patrick Henry (Newport News) and Airtran was the only people without prop planes. Though now I am in DC so probably no chance at all.... just I always think of those planes for some reason. Probably going to get the hotel/flight this week though.

Well I use to fly out of Patrick Henry (Newport News) and Airtran was the only people without prop planes. Though now I am in DC so probably no chance at all.... just I always think of those planes for some reason. Probably going to get the hotel/flight this week though.
    National/Dulles or BWI, you are going to be on a jet. Though I remember the days when Pan Am ran the 40-60 seat ATR turboprops out of National.

Keep in mind that if you book on the airline's website it will tell you what kind of plane it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12