Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season opener

Default Season opener

Hey guys I am probably going to the season opener and I was curious when do the tickets normally go on sale (for single games) and what is the best airline to fly in with. I am coming from the DC area so I have a few options. Thanks in advance.

...Might not get the best response in this forum so I'm moving your thread to the Chiefs Discussion forum.

You can get tickets now if you go to StubHub. Otherwise its usually in June i think. Airlines, i go to Hotwire.com and go with whats cheapest.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Yeah with a car, hotel, and flight it was 708 for two people just was curious how that would work out. Is stubhub my best bet for the tickets though, also is it best to book a flight now or later on?

I'm headed down there too from L.A. I'll be renting an RV and driving out there for the Oakland game. GO CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Yeah with a car, hotel, and flight it was 708 for two people just was curious how that would work out. Is stubhub my best bet for the tickets though, also is it best to book a flight now or later on?
    Stubhub has always been over priced to me, if anything I go to craigslist and try to find tickets. You don't have to pay their dumb service fee. As for flights, the sooner you book the better. I think it's about the 3 month mark that flights start going up. I like kayak.com to find flights, it always seems to find the best deal for me.

Well I found the tickets and yeah I am was figuring that I should be getting the plane tickets over the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Stubhub does overcharge for tickets, but they have a fan guarantee. I had some trouble with tix a few years back and they sorted everything out for me. I got 4 lower level tix for $125 each. I like booking flights early jsut so they are paid. Look me up before you guy. 6 of us are driving down from for the opener too!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

For flights, use any of the flight search sites....hotwire, priceline, kayak etc.....

Once you find what appears to be the best fare, open that airline's website in another window and see what fare you find by booking directly with that airlines website. I find I often save an additional $5-$10 that way.

In addition, some of the airline's websites have "alert" features that will notify you if fares go down on selected routes.

Also keep in mind that Southwest's "2 bags free" will often make them less expensive overall if you are going to be checking any bags.

Well I am still trying to figure out what hotel we are going to get. We are probably gonna do a package deal so the car is free since you book a hotel and flight. I just wish Airtran wasnt so trashy they use to be the easy choice for a cheap flight now they are just a hassle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast