Thread: Good interview by Jack Harry with Scott Pioli...

Default Good interview by Jack Harry with Scott Pioli...

Chiefs GM Scott Pioli sits down with Jack Harry to talk upcoming season

Pioli sure seems a lot more comfortable and Jack did ask a lot of very good hard questions that Pioli answered very well imo.

Great interview. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Great interview. Thanks for posting.
    X2 Great to watch Pioli. BTW...he does look good! He dropped @ least 30 lbs. or maybe more.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Yeah I gotta say it was pretty nice, suprised about the rejected trade offers.

Yea it was very evident that Pioli and RAC had Poe as their target for quite awhile now. Sounded like they really liked him before the combine and the combine only strengthened their belief in Poe. They wanted a NT very badly and Poe was the best one in their opinion.

I was glad Jack asked about the tied at the hip business with Cassel and the QB job. I think Stanzi and to a extent Quinn are a legit option to see time depending on how Cassel does early. I think the staff feels Stanzi is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefMojo View Post
    Yea it was very evident that Pioli and RAC had Poe as their target for quite awhile now. Sounded like they really liked him before the combine and the combine only strengthened their belief in Poe. They wanted a NT very badly and Poe was the best one in their opinion.

I was glad Jack asked about the tied at the hip business with Cassel and the QB job. I think Stanzi and to a extent Quinn are a legit option to see time depending on how Cassel does early. I think the staff feels Stanzi is the future.
    Yeah, I liked that part too but you can tell by the way that Pioli answered the questions about Matt that he's seeing things differently than some others are. Even the most confident person I've talked to wavers on Cassel taking us to a Championship and winning. Pioli seems to have no doubt that Cassel can. Props to him for believing, I think his trust is misplaced. Then again no GM is going to say their starting QB is terrible and will never win a super bowl. So there's that.

I just wish that Pioli would actually bring in someone to truly challenge Cassel for the starting job. Not someone that hasn't played in a game for 3 years or a guy that couldn't even start over Tyler freaking Palko.

Good interview overall.

Do you honestly think he is going to say that he doesn't think Cassel can't win a Super Bowl? He very may well believe it but if he didn't believe, he wouldn't say it publicly.

Pioli may be the one getting the players but I do believe Romeo has a say who plays. If Romeo feels Quinn or for Stanzi gives him a better chance to win than Cassel, they will play the other guys. Cassel's contract isn't a burden anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefMojo View Post
    Do you honestly think he is going to say that he doesn't think Cassel can't win a Super Bowl? He very may well believe it but if he didn't believe, he wouldn't say it publicly.

Pioli may be the one getting the players but I do believe Romeo has a say who plays. If Romeo feels Quinn or for Stanzi gives him a better chance to win than Cassel, they will play the other guys. Cassel's contract isn't a burden anymore.
    No I don't believe he's going to say that, hence me saying this:

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Then again no GM is going to say their starting QB is terrible and will never win a super bowl. So there's that.
    Cassel's contract is still a pretty good burden for us. He's making 7.5 million this year and 9 million next year. If that's not that much I'm wondering if you have any openings at your place of business. I'll start for a meer 2 million.

how much is cassels contract guaranteed though. so it might not be a burden anymore if its not guaranteed.