Thread: Gary Stills

Default Gary Stills

So where I work I have a friend that is also a chiefs fan. Mainly because he had a relative that played for the chiefs Gary Steels just curious if anyone knows the special teams players or anything interesting like that....

Stills, Gary
    LB/DE
    55, 56
    West Virginia
    1999-05

He had 190 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 6 FF in 10 seasons.

Gary Stills (born July 11, 1974) is an American football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia who is currently a Free agent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in the third round of the 1999 NFL Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at West_Virginia_Mountaineers_football, St. Louis Rams and Las Vegas Locomotives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in the third round (75th overall) in the 1999 NFL Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and finished the year with ten tackles. The following year, he posted 15 tackles and also had a period in NFL Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. In 2002, he played in all 16 games and finished the campaign with a career high 44 tackles and two sacks. 2003 was another solid year for Stills who recorded 38 tackles and a career high three sacks. He was selected to his first
    Last edited by N TX Dave; 05-02-2012 at 11:24 PM.

One of my favorite Chiefs who never got any credit. Nothing better than seeing him run down the field on special teams coverage. Ran like he was going to kill someone!!

Gary Stills like Greg Manuski was a fan fav. on special teams, always came flying down the field to lay a crushing hit on anyone he could find.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Always remember seeing him running down the field as a lead blocker for Dante Hall raising his finger in the air for #1 as Dante is about score a record breaking TD, only to have a guy run up behind Dante to make the tackle that Stills could have blocked if he was no celebrating.

To me, he was always one of those guys that stayed on the team because the Coach liked him, but was never good enough to do anything but special teams but was alwas preached about how great he was in the off season and during practice. He and Billy Bartee were always practice Warriors that stunk come game day.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Always remember seeing him running down the field as a lead blocker for Dante Hall raising his finger in the air for #1 as Dante is about score a record breaking TD, only to have a guy run up behind Dante to make the tackle that Stills could have blocked if he was no celebrating.

To me, he was always one of those guys that stayed on the team because the Coach liked him, but was never good enough to do anything but special teams but was alwas preached about how great he was in the off season and during practice. He and Billy Bartee were always practice Warriors that stunk come game day.
    Well he got my friend into the Chiefs... which raises Chiefs fans in this area by 100%

Special Team monster! Wish we had one just like him!