Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: LJ and his Effort

Default LJ and his Effort

this is what I saw at the game , sorry the video is from my photo camera, not my camcorder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4VO76UqfuI"]YouTube - Chiefs /Jags[/ame]

Thanks YZilla...that was a great clip...I actually saw something there that SC neglected to mention. If you watch the blockers and LJ, it looks like the run was designed to cut up the field right where LJ stops to go forward and meets MLB Mike Peterson head on. Yes there was open field to the right and a DB out there alone...but if LJ is expecting a hole at the hasmark and is trying to follow his blockers, it isn't completely his fault if he doesn't see that avenue.

I could be wrong, but after watching this clip repeatedly and pausing a number of times that is how I read the play. I wasn't at the game, and clearly LJ isn't running with as much aggression...frankly last year at least the MLB would've been the one on his back...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Thanks YZilla...that was a great clip...I actually saw something there that SC neglected to mention. If you watch the blockers and LJ, it looks like the run was designed to cut up the field right where LJ stops to go forward and meets MLB Mike Peterson head on. Yes there was open field to the right and a DB out there alone...but if LJ is expecting a hole at the hasmark and is trying to follow his blockers, it isn't completely his fault if he doesn't see that avenue.

I could be wrong, but after watching this clip repeatedly and pausing a number of times that is how I read the play. I wasn't at the game, and clearly LJ isn't running with as much aggression...frankly last year at least the MLB would've been the one on his back...
    What are your feelings on the NFL playing the MLB for a Championship?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

HH...I hope you're joking...but just in case

MLB=Middle Linebacker
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post

Agreed; yes the run appeared to be lack luster as far as effort goes, but the truth of the matter is the blocking simply was not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed; yes the run appeared to be lack luster as far as effort goes, but the truth of the matter is the blocking simply was not there.

I agree with ya about the blocking but there is a total lack of effort on LJ's part, my blame goes to not taking the the hits in preseason. Look at LT and Jackson, same thing. LJ doesn't have his vision either, this is another reason I hate holdouts.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

he runs like he wants tobe traded.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    he runs like he wants tobe traded.
    with these numbers who would take him? No I'm sure someone would but if that's the case bench his *** and put the priest in.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    I agree with ya about the blocking but there is a total lack of effort on LJ's part, my blame goes to not taking the the hits in preseason. Look at LT and Jackson, same thing. LJ doesn't have his vision either, this is another reason I hate holdouts.
    Good pint!

Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    Steven Jackson wasn't a hold out was he? How about Frank Gore?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast