Thread: nuff said

Default nuff said

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyBUkFgbQao"]YouTube - LJ2[/ame]

Wow complete breakdown of blocking...the LT completely missed his assignment. Chasing the DE off a run up the middle is much less critical than the LB and Safety that are right on the line.

WR blocking is an issue here too...one of the defenders in making the play is the RCB...you can see the WR (#81) just jog to the middle, but allowing his man to get to the play and break it up at the LOS.

Sorry guys, but LT, Barry Sanders, Priest...its not going to matter...no one can run with that pathetic blocking effort...and that's COACHING, not just players.

If the players were in the right spot and not making the block, I'd blame them, but when the coach has the LT moving to the outside, and 2 unblocked defenders blow up the run, somewhere discipline broke down or the play was faulty in design...

Since it looks like a basic 'trap' play, I'm guessing the play is designed fine (every team has run this running play for about the last 50 years.) but rather the issue is team discipline and attitude. This theory would also be supported when you see the defense in position to make a tackle but consistently missing the tackle.

The players know the fundamentals of the game, but when fundamentals slide, or penalties increase, blocks/tackles/assignments are missed, it speaks to the coaching.

YZilla...thanks for all the clips...you did a great job on both the running and passing plays of keeping the line-play on the screen. Makes it easier to see what is going on.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

OMG! They brought three down linemen and blitzed one DE and still stopped the run. "O" line got owned most of the game.

Edit: I didn't see the other down lineman at the edge of the picture frame, but still he didn't appear to be a factor in the play.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 10-09-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Another awesome clip.

We need you at every game we play around the league!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

The first thing that I want to point out, is that LJ wasn't in that clip. It was Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Sorry guys, but LT, Barry Sanders, Priest...its not going to matter...no one can run with that pathetic blocking effort...and that's COACHING, not just players.
    Barry Sanders? He made a HOF carreer out of making something happen out of those kind of breakdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The first thing that I want to point out, is that LJ wasn't in that clip. It was Bennett.

Barry Sanders? He made a HOF carreer out of making something happen out of those kind of breakdowns.
    I doubt LJ would of done any better. That was poor bocking by the line.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Barry Sanders.
    Is the reason life exists in the universe. Don't forget it.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!