Thread: Possible new Director of College Scouting

Default Possible new Director of College Scouting

Will be interesting to see when the Chiefs hire a new Director of College Scouting to replace Phil Emery who left KC to be the Chicago Bears GM?

I know there has been names like Jim Nagy and Dom Green who are the Regional Scouts for KC. Another name in-house to be keep a eye on is Jay Muraco who is a Area Scout but has been with Pioli for quite a many years.

Then there is always a outside guy that could bring new fresh ideas. With that said I would expect someone that may have a prior connection or understanding of the Belichick system of scouting. So a possible Patriot staffer or maybe a Atlanta Falcon personnel guy (where we got Emery) due to the ties with Thomas Dimitroff?

Will be interesting to see who and when this new Director of College Scouting is hired. If I were to put money down on who it might be, I would go with Jim Nagy as coming from in-house.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefMojo View Post
    Will be interesting to see when the Chiefs hire a new Director of College Scouting to replace Phil Emery who left KC to be the Chicago Bears GM?

I know there has been names like Jim Nagy and Dom Green who are the Regional Scouts for KC. Another name in-house to be keep a eye on is Jay Muraco who is a Area Scout but has been with Pioli for quite a many years.

Then there is always a outside guy that could bring new fresh ideas. With that said I would expect someone that may have a prior connection or understanding of the Belichick system of scouting. So a possible Patriot staffer or maybe a Atlanta Falcon personnel guy (where we got Emery) due to the ties with Thomas Dimitroff?

Will be interesting to see who and when this new Director of College Scouting is hired. If I were to put money down on who it might be, I would go with Jim Nagy as coming from in-house.
    I wonder how much input Emery had into this years draft class before leaving for the Bears. If these guys live up to expectations, then I would think Phil's replacement is already on the staff. They had what appears to be a very good draft, and that bodes well for the future of the organization.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

From the sound of it Emery left the Chiefs for Chicago right around the time of th Senior Bowl. With that said, the Chiefs had already knew Emery was a very strong candidate for the Chicago job and had prepared accordingly.

The Chiefs had already set-up their big board when Emery left it seems. Sure we didn't know who we were going to take yet but the leg work on the prospects themselves had been established from what I have read. The Senior Bowl and the Combine are events were scouts double/triple back over the prospects or possibly unearth new targets.

The Chiefs were lucky to have such a good personnel department they could smoothly complete the draft even without Emery. The Chiefs didn't have that luxury when Pioli came to Kansas City. I believe it was Pioli and Nagy who basically were the only two that made decisions on the first draft and it showed (wasn't a good draft). Those two knew the Patriots draft board prospects. Chuck Cook and Bill Kuharich along with the scouts were lame ducks and their input was used very limited. I believe only Terry Delp and Willie Davis were the only two scouts retained by Pioli after the draft and of course Ray Farmer was kept as the pro personnel man.